Justin Cooper is a mystery?

karsmakers
Edited Date/Time 8/15/2022 7:25pm
How can he win a moto if he gets a holeshot but not have the ability to come from weaker start to the front? He does this all the time. It's like two different riders. The other top riders always find their way to the front but Justin somehow seems to only ride as fast as those riders around him in positions 5-10 Any explanations? Holeshot and fast lap times for the win or mediocre start and slower lap times and an inability to move to the front
|
8/14/2022 10:58am
karsmakers wrote:
How can he win a moto if he gets a holeshot but not have the ability to come from weaker start to the front? He does...
How can he win a moto if he gets a holeshot but not have the ability to come from weaker start to the front? He does this all the time. It's like two different riders. The other top riders always find their way to the front but Justin somehow seems to only ride as fast as those riders around him in positions 5-10 Any explanations? Holeshot and fast lap times for the win or mediocre start and slower lap times and an inability to move to the front
KRoc has been similar in recent years. Less so this year, admittedly.
jambalaya
8/14/2022 11:02am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2022 11:02am
In general yes, cooper is a start dependent rider but I’ll give him an off-season to get himself back. His injury was not small
nskerb
8/14/2022 11:02am
I feel like there are a lot of guys that can run away with a hole shot but can’t really slice their way through a pack. Doesn’t really seem that crazy. Passing to the front is much more difficult that sprinting with a clear track. But that’s just my opinion.
Richy
8/14/2022 11:06am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2022 11:09am
Honestly think the same, certain guys, and often only at certain times or for certain parts of their career, can be as fast as anyone but cannot really 'race'.

Cooper right now, on a good day, could get a holeshot, gap the field and win by a margin, he is a fast and super skilled dude. But put him in a spot where he needs to make passes and dig deep... nope, coming home in 8th or wherever. Hoping it's just bouncing back from his gnarly injury and getting back into the swing of it, it's too early to call him out on it imo and I'm usually fairly against shitting on any of these guys period, but I do understand where you're coming from.

I agree on seeing it from Kenny too as I'm sure most of us do, it was great to see some fight out of him and even see him hanging onto positions that he would have rolled over for a year ago, like his little burn up with Tomac was badass, but seems like he's slipping again unfortunately.

The Shop

SlackBoy
8/15/2022 12:39pm
To be fair to him this weekend, looking at him riding his bike after the crash, the right side of his bars was def bent down and back. The handguard being broken off I think would have been a non issue other than roost. So to stay where he was essentially and keeping pushing thru to the end with a bent up bike showed some pretty good character.

The rest of the time, yer, ya right!
8/15/2022 12:49pm
SlackBoy wrote:
To be fair to him this weekend, looking at him riding his bike after the crash, the right side of his bars was def bent down...
To be fair to him this weekend, looking at him riding his bike after the crash, the right side of his bars was def bent down and back. The handguard being broken off I think would have been a non issue other than roost. So to stay where he was essentially and keeping pushing thru to the end with a bent up bike showed some pretty good character.

Febvre is calling you. Crash and bent his bars. Still winning that GP

motomike137
8/15/2022 1:39pm
Seems to be his MO but luckily for him he's maybe the best starter in the sport.
Money
8/15/2022 1:50pm
Bc he’s not mentally tough enough to dig and grind through the pack. He’s comfortable out front not getting rooted staying in the clear. Plain and simple
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
8/15/2022 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2022 3:27pm
Clean track = ability to focus on yourself, hit your lines, not eat a mouthful of roost.
Bad start = worrying about everyone around you, alternate lines, constantly trying to avoid the roost.

Some riders deal with it differently.

A rider like Jett Lawrence is really good at changing his lines on the fly and maybe that's why he can come through the pack so well. Maybe Cooper struggles when it comes to passing using lines he hasn't hit, maybe a trust issue with those lines he hasn't hit all day. Who knows?
8/15/2022 4:12pm
In my weekend warrior opinion, coming through the pack you have to being willing to take some chances. A lot of risk involved. Some guys are better at it and some aren’t. Tomac rides pissed off when he doesn’t get a start and I think that fuel is stronger than any fear of getting sketchy just as one example.
Ducon39
8/15/2022 7:25pm
SlackBoy wrote:
To be fair to him this weekend, looking at him riding his bike after the crash, the right side of his bars was def bent down...

Febvre is calling you. Crash and bent his bars. Still winning that GP [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/15/564143/s1200_Screenshot_20220815_214739_Google.jpg[/img]

2 words ... Magoo Chandler

SlackBoy
8/16/2022 4:21pm
SlackBoy wrote:

Febvre is calling you. Crash and bent his bars. Still winning that GP [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/15/564143/s1200_Screenshot_20220815_214739_Google.jpg[/img]

A frenchman that DIDN'T surrender ?????

I jest I jest

Febvre is a bad ass

Post a reply to: Justin Cooper is a mystery?

The Latest