Justin Cooper $40,000 for main win?

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
Edited Date/Time 6/28/2019 11:54pm
Pretty sure the $40,000 shown at the 6:30 mark on Cooper's pit board indicates his win bonus of 40K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Pf2gzrJ-8

Given the secretive nature of MX, it's interesting to get a small glimpse into the current financial side of it.
|
fourfourone
6/26/2019 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2019 12:36pm
maybe with all this money he can buy himself a decent personality.

no hating but his interviews make him look like his IQ is around the 3rd grade level.
6/26/2019 12:40pm
Nah.

That was just listing the E.R. Bill for out-of-network treatment of heat stroke.

The Shop

APLMAN99
6/26/2019 12:44pm
I had always thought/heard that the 250 class paid the same bonus as the 450 class outdoors, usually $100K. If so, then I would think that the $40K is the difference between finishing 1st and finishing 2nd????????
Jeff alessi
6/26/2019 12:50pm
That’s actually a pretty low number compared to other teams. Me n Mikey had 75k win bonuses on 250s while it was rumored the gieco boys at the same time were 100k. 450 win bonuses are $150k-$200k for the top guys that take bonuses for only 1st place. U can put all your eggs into one basket if u believe your going to win, or take smaller payouts for bonuses up to 3rd-5th. Guys like RC put it all in for first for bonuses, 0 for anything but a win but that allowed them to ask for a lot more, and championship bonuses were insane. Had Mike won the 450 sx title he got 1.5 bonus with an added 1.5 to his next year salary, 1 million for mx title and added 1 for next year salary. I would assume Cooper took the bonuses for podium position thus a smaller payout for win bonuses but more consistent as he’s been on the podium a lot this year.
Mr. Afterbar
6/26/2019 12:51pm
maybe with all this money he can buy himself a decent personality. no hating but his interviews make him look like his IQ is around the...

no hating but his interviews make him look like his IQ is around the 3rd grade level.
I could've sworn his job was racing dirt bikes. Seems like he's doing an exceptional job to me.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
6/26/2019 1:08pm
So as long as you do your job well you can be a tool ? Learn something new everyday
Premixed112
6/26/2019 1:11pm
maybe with all this money he can buy himself a decent personality. no hating but his interviews make him look like his IQ is around the...

Holy shit, finally someone else says it! I don't agree with your comment about the IQ, I just think his demeanor is incredibly dry and the polar opposite of someone like AC. These guys need to have some character off of the bike if they want to gain interest for themselves.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/26/2019 1:17pm

He definitely needs to lighten up, but he actually seems like a smart kid to me. Time will tell, but he’s going to be a contender all year, so I guess we’ll see how it goes.
Texas Built
6/26/2019 1:25pm
That’s actually a pretty low number compared to other teams. Me n Mikey had 75k win bonuses on 250s while it was rumored the gieco boys...
That’s actually a pretty low number compared to other teams. Me n Mikey had 75k win bonuses on 250s while it was rumored the gieco boys at the same time were 100k. 450 win bonuses are $150k-$200k for the top guys that take bonuses for only 1st place. U can put all your eggs into one basket if u believe your going to win, or take smaller payouts for bonuses up to 3rd-5th. Guys like RC put it all in for first for bonuses, 0 for anything but a win but that allowed them to ask for a lot more, and championship bonuses were insane. Had Mike won the 450 sx title he got 1.5 bonus with an added 1.5 to his next year salary, 1 million for mx title and added 1 for next year salary. I would assume Cooper took the bonuses for podium position thus a smaller payout for win bonuses but more consistent as he’s been on the podium a lot this year.
Maybe that $40K is just his purse payout?
6/26/2019 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2019 1:30pm
That’s actually a pretty low number compared to other teams. Me n Mikey had 75k win bonuses on 250s while it was rumored the gieco boys...
Yep, mechanic probably meant to scribble $400.
Sluggo77
6/26/2019 1:39pm

langhammx wrote:
He definitely needs to lighten up, but he actually seems like a smart kid to me. Time will tell, but he’s going to be a contender...
He definitely needs to lighten up, but he actually seems like a smart kid to me. Time will tell, but he’s going to be a contender all year, so I guess we’ll see how it goes.
Yeah he should get a hobby like Justin Hill and chill out. Whip out a guitar and sing everyone a song after a 35 minute moto.
fourfourone
6/26/2019 1:43pm

langhammx wrote:
He definitely needs to lighten up, but he actually seems like a smart kid to me. Time will tell, but he’s going to be a contender...
I am not knocking his riding. He's gnarly on a 250. He just seems a little slow up top
kpiper
6/26/2019 1:46pm

langhammx wrote:
Why does anyone care about his personality or how smart he is? He is fast and wins races.
sandman768
6/26/2019 2:01pm
Good for him....bank that shit, surround yourself with real people that you know & can trust....10 years from now you can work on your personality skills..with a nice little bank roll....
AJ565
6/26/2019 2:05pm
Yep, mechanic probably meant to scribble $400.
Maybe $40k is the mechanics win bonus lol.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/26/2019 2:26pm
Don't forget that back then there was a lot more money coming into the sport.

40k is what he gets for an overall win. Before signing an extension with PC, Forkner's win bonus for an overall was 50k.

Ferrandis said that Star pays less than Kawi for championships also.
JohnnyD13
6/26/2019 2:33pm

langhammx wrote:
kpiper wrote:
Why does anyone care about his personality or how smart he is? He is fast and wins races.
We need all different personalities in our sport. Listen to his interview in pulpmx and I think you will lighten up on him a little. He’s actually smarter then a lot of the guys. He graduated from public school. Not homeschooled and I’m sure that made it tough to compete in armatures
Question
6/26/2019 2:34pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't forget that back then there was a lot more money coming into the sport. 40k is what he gets for an overall win. Before signing...
Don't forget that back then there was a lot more money coming into the sport.

40k is what he gets for an overall win. Before signing an extension with PC, Forkner's win bonus for an overall was 50k.

Ferrandis said that Star pays less than Kawi for championships also.
I don't know about Stars, but just for information, Pourcel told recently that it was 500k per championship at PC (in his days, i don't know now but i guess about the same).
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/26/2019 2:39pm
Question wrote:
I don't know about Stars, but just for information, Pourcel told recently that it was 500k per championship at PC (in his days, i don't know...
I don't know about Stars, but just for information, Pourcel told recently that it was 500k per championship at PC (in his days, i don't know now but i guess about the same).
If I remember correctly Star Yamaha is 300k or 350k for the title.

I believe PC is still 500k.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
6/26/2019 2:55pm
30-40k is the average bonus for a 250 win.
Premixed112
6/26/2019 3:22pm
langhammx wrote:
kpiper wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:
We need all different personalities in our sport. Listen to his interview in pulpmx and I think you will lighten up on him a little. He’s...
We need all different personalities in our sport. Listen to his interview in pulpmx and I think you will lighten up on him a little. He’s actually smarter then a lot of the guys. He graduated from public school. Not homeschooled and I’m sure that made it tough to compete in armatures
It's sad that it's considered an accomplishment and a high measure of intelligence if someone has graduated from High School in this sport...
Shawn142
6/26/2019 3:38pm
You can maybe see why he was so frustrated with losing especially at Lakewood. Were it not for AC this kid would have several wins piled up. It gets annoying when the same person keeps taking what you view as your money. So while I don't agree with his approach claiming AC should have been disqualified for his off-track run I can understand it. Being a graduate from a normal high school I'm sure he has a different outlook on money and life than his "homeskooled" competition.
Panic_Rev
6/26/2019 3:49pm

langhammx wrote:
kpiper wrote:
I would rather watch a guy battle for 10th place that I can connect with than someone dry/robot winning races.

Texas Built
6/26/2019 3:49pm
Shawn142 wrote:
You can maybe see why he was so frustrated with losing especially at Lakewood. Were it not for AC this kid would have several wins piled...
You can maybe see why he was so frustrated with losing especially at Lakewood. Were it not for AC this kid would have several wins piled up. It gets annoying when the same person keeps taking what you view as your money. So while I don't agree with his approach claiming AC should have been disqualified for his off-track run I can understand it. Being a graduate from a normal high school I'm sure he has a different outlook on money and life than his "homeskooled" competition.

"It gets annoying when the same person keeps taking what you view as your money."

via GIPHY

AZRider
6/26/2019 3:53pm
kpiper wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:
We need all different personalities in our sport. Listen to his interview in pulpmx and I think you will lighten up on him a little. He’s...
It's sad that it's considered an accomplishment and a high measure of intelligence if someone has graduated from High School in this sport...
Well its understandable when you think about the number of them that stay healthy and become millionaires in this sport
yz25
6/26/2019 4:10pm
And they say the money isn’t in MX racing???? When Reed won the MX title he made bank, but that was under different circumstances. Was it RV or RD that his winning titles so rapidly took such a large hit in the team/company budget that the reward bonuses were made in extended payments?
Another reminder it sucks to have no natural ability that can help pay dividends in a big way!
Shawn142
6/26/2019 4:40pm
"It gets annoying when the same person keeps taking what you view as your money." via GIPHY

"It gets annoying when the same person keeps taking what you view as your money."

via GIPHY

I guess you've never felt yourself fast enough to be winning and frustrated because you aren't. In Justin's position I'd feel like I should have win bonuses stacked up by now and the same guy keeps beating me to them. I'd be pissed too. Maybe not claim he should be disqualified pissed but definitely frustrated.
kpiper
6/26/2019 4:54pm
langhammx wrote:
kpiper wrote:
Panic_Rev wrote:
I would rather watch a guy battle for 10th place that I can connect with than someone dry/robot winning races.

I don't get that. I enjoy watching the people going for the win/podium. As long as they are not bad people I don't care what their personality is at all. He is not a bad person from what I see.

And why does everyone want to pick on him so much? He is just a kid. Glad he is there. Makes the races more interesting.

Post a reply to: Justin Cooper $40,000 for main win?

The Latest