Justin Barcia Thanks JGR MX as They Part Ways at Season's End...

omalley
9/6/2017 9:44am
I've said this before but I think it bears repeating. I feel like when a rider has had a couple so-so years, then starts blaming the bike (either literally or by switching teams), it sets up a downward spiral. They then get a free pass year to "adapt to the new bike and team," then results don't come around, then they blame the team/bike, and repeat...

Obviously there have been exceptions (RJ and Hannah leaving Yamaha comes to mind) but it makes you wonder.
Mit12
9/6/2017 10:30am
Moto88 wrote:
OK I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted on saying this but all this talk about wanting to see him do good, well I don't feel it...
OK I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted on saying this but all this talk about wanting to see him do good, well I don't feel it. I'd rather see a respectful rider take that "good spot" wether it be a ride or a good finish in a race. Yeah I don't know the dude personally but have talked to a few racers that said he treated them like shit on and off the track. Too many blatant take outs over the years, kinda was hoping someone would've returned the favor more often. Don't get me wrong, no wishes for ANY injury, just put in check. Well maybe his situation is karma.
philG wrote:
there should be a 'like' button..
what comes around goes around. When Barcia was the "Next big thing" teams put up with his antics on the track but now that he has not made the grade they don't want him to represent them.
305FC250
9/6/2017 10:58am
Everyone should be stoked. No other teams beat Dungey either. Look around, this SX game is no joke. Justin is one of the 20 fastest SX...
Everyone should be stoked.
No other teams beat Dungey either.
Look around, this SX game is no joke.
Justin is one of the 20 fastest SX racers on the planet.
If he were one of the 20 best quarterbacks on the planet he would be considered great at his sport.
We got you Justin, Glen Helen 2009, I was there running around screaming for you!
This is something I find odd about the moto world. If you aren't on the podium or at least top 5 you're basically considered trash by the fan base. As if people don't realize there's only 3 podium spots and a hell of a lot more world class stupid fast riders at the gate. To be in the top 20 individuals of any professional sport is not something to downplay in my opinion. Whether it's Barcia or any other rider who worked their asses off for years just to get to that point.
user760a
9/6/2017 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 12:11pm
OR Racer46 wrote:
Jeffro I believe that the 350 is one of the best sellers all ready Why push something that sells itself
Shhh...don't tell the comatose Japanese. They are just too busy with their little game of follow the leader as far as products go, and can't be bothered to actually build what the market is clamoring for - Bikes like the KTM 300 two stroke, The 350, to a lesser extent the 150 and 200 two strokes that sell in good numbers for a premium price.

The Shop

Aryen
9/6/2017 1:51pm
Everyone should be stoked. No other teams beat Dungey either. Look around, this SX game is no joke. Justin is one of the 20 fastest SX...
If he were one of the 20 best quarterbacks on the planet he would be considered great at his sport.
We got you Justin, Glen Helen 2009, I was there running around screaming for you!
305FC250 wrote:
This is something I find odd about the moto world. If you aren't on the podium or at least top 5 you're basically considered trash by...
This is something I find odd about the moto world. If you aren't on the podium or at least top 5 you're basically considered trash by the fan base. As if people don't realize there's only 3 podium spots and a hell of a lot more world class stupid fast riders at the gate. To be in the top 20 individuals of any professional sport is not something to downplay in my opinion. Whether it's Barcia or any other rider who worked their asses off for years just to get to that point.
All riders in the world (AMA and mxgp) combined I don't consider Barcia top 20 right now.
TheLsho
Fantasy
874th
9/6/2017 2:10pm
305FC250 wrote:
This is something I find odd about the moto world. If you aren't on the podium or at least top 5 you're basically considered trash by...
Aryen wrote:
All riders in the world (AMA and mxgp) combined I don't consider Barcia top 20 right now.
He was 4th overall in 2016 and 3rd overall in 2015 in the AMA nationals. He went 1-3 at the MXON 2015 and won his class. I get it, that was a year ago, but you don't just lose talent like that unless something else is up. The potential and resume should have some merit.

Post a reply to: Justin Barcia Thanks JGR MX as They Part Ways at Season's End...

The Latest