Justin Barcia Injured?

Bluelion
Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 12:01am
I just heard Justin Barcia was injured in a pratice crash. Anyone know more on this topic?
|
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
2/6/2015 10:02am
Bluelion wrote:
I just heard Justin Barcia was injured in a pratice crash. Anyone know more on this topic?
No idea. I hope not, that would be a big downer for JGR
Xracerdone
2/6/2015 10:03am
Racer X said he is out, thought he broke his hip & something else but changed it to just really really banged up, will report more when they know the facts
MOTORSPORTFOX
2/6/2015 10:05am
Justin Barcia – Hip and Leg
Comment: The AutoTrader.com/Toyota/JGR Yamaha man crashed at the test track on Thursday, and there were real fears he'd broken something big and would be done for the season. We now hear nothing is broken, but Barcia is really beat up and sore, and might not be able to race this weekend. We'd rather not speculate until we know for sure, so check our Breaking News section for the latest throughout the weekend
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
2/6/2015 10:06am
Damn it!!!!! I hope it's not too serious!

Get well soon Justin!

The Shop

ATKpilot99
2/6/2015 10:17am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2015 10:32am
hope he's ok.
jchek779
2/6/2015 10:27am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2015 10:40am
Filthy is working double duty this weekend.
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
2/6/2015 10:31am
Ring ring, hello- is this Ben Lamay? We have a temp ride for you....
Bluelion
2/6/2015 10:31am
jchek779 wrote:
Did you mean Filthy?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/6/2015 10:38am
Doesn't Ben already have a ride at CycleTrader.com/Rock River/Yamaha?
jchek779
2/6/2015 10:40am
jchek779 wrote:
Bluelion wrote:
Did you mean Filthy?
Thanks - Can't type and eat a sandwich at the same time.
Olson
2/6/2015 10:42am
GuyB wrote:
Although it wasn't stamped Hill got the ride I didn't stamp Lamay should fill in but if it turns out Justin is out and Josh takes Bens place. This is somewhat of a solution. We are here to bench race after all.
Olson
2/6/2015 10:50am
How long is it before we hear a Pourcel plea.
Nah, he doesn't like the Yami450.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
2/6/2015 10:56am
GuyB wrote:
That is true. After being a privateer in road racing, I get a little excited when a guy gets mentioned for a bigger team. Sometimes without thinking it through SmileBlush
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
2/6/2015 11:01am
GuyB wrote:
line-up wrote:
http://motocrossplanet.com/worldwide/42335/Josh-Hill-signs-with-Rock-River-Yamaha-for-the-rest-of-the-SX-season Josh Hill have signed an agreement with the Rock River Yamaha Team to race the rest of the AMA Supercross Championship for them. [b]Hill will...
http://motocrossplanet.com/worldwide/42335/Josh-Hill-signs-with-Rock-Ri…

Josh Hill have signed an agreement with the Rock River Yamaha Team to race the rest of the AMA Supercross Championship for them. Hill will replace Ben Lamay who has left the team.

Is this accurate?

Hmm.. Maybe there is a chance for Lamay after all.
2/6/2015 11:25am
Justin Barcia is out for round six of the AMA Supercross Series in San Diego this weekend. Barcia crashed on Thursday and has a sore body. He isn't injured but he has decided that it is smarter to sit out the race in San Diego.
Bluelion
2/6/2015 11:27am
jchek779 wrote:
Bluelion wrote:
Did you mean Filthy?
jchek779 wrote:
I thought you might have meant Fithy Cent???Tongue
Olson
2/6/2015 11:38am
Bluelion wrote:
Did you mean Filthy?
jchek779 wrote:
Bluelion wrote:
I thought you might have meant Fithy Cent???Tongue
Do you mean 50(fifty) Cent?
wildbill
2/6/2015 11:50am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2015 11:51am
Justin Barcia is out for round six of the AMA Supercross Series in San Diego this weekend. Barcia crashed on Thursday and has a sore body...
Justin Barcia is out for round six of the AMA Supercross Series in San Diego this weekend. Barcia crashed on Thursday and has a sore body. He isn't injured but he has decided that it is smarter to sit out the race in San Diego.
How can you crash your brains out severe enough to sit out a round, and not be injured?

Heal up #51
Grieby54
2/6/2015 12:04pm
I think we can call Barcia's season a loss at this point, which is a shame. I'll bet he's pretty bummed he left Honda based on how Canard and Tomac have gotten that bike working.
2/6/2015 12:05pm
Justin Barcia is out for round six of the AMA Supercross Series in San Diego this weekend. Barcia crashed on Thursday and has a sore body...
wildbill wrote:
How can you crash your brains out severe enough to sit out a round, and not be injured?

Heal up #51
You have to ask this question to Barcia.
Source:motocrossplanet.com
Hgibbs566
2/6/2015 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2015 12:19pm
wildbill wrote:

Heal up #51
It's the same reason they sit basketball players for sore knees for a week or two.
Sometimes it's best to let a guy get healthy and come back closer to 100% as apposed to having him struggle the remaining part of a season.

Trying to get time to recover in pro sports is almost impossible without missing a race in my opinion.
wildbill
2/6/2015 12:28pm
wildbill wrote:

Heal up #51
Hgibbs566 wrote:
It's the same reason they sit basketball players for sore knees for a week or two. Sometimes it's best to let a guy get healthy and...
It's the same reason they sit basketball players for sore knees for a week or two.
Sometimes it's best to let a guy get healthy and come back closer to 100% as apposed to having him struggle the remaining part of a season.

Trying to get time to recover in pro sports is almost impossible without missing a race in my opinion.
okay, but an injury is still debilitating. Soft tissue hurts just as bad, if not worse than bones.

Who knows how big the bruise is? They keep that stuff hidden.
IWreckALot
2/6/2015 12:34pm
wildbill wrote:

Heal up #51
Hgibbs566 wrote:
It's the same reason they sit basketball players for sore knees for a week or two. Sometimes it's best to let a guy get healthy and...

Or is this the first announcement in a whole string of announcements where Barcia hates the bike, and his "injury" keeps him off the bike for the remainder of his contract with the team but he still races mountain bike regularly? That's never happened before.

I'm just being facetious. We all know how it feels to take a hard hit. I've been fortunate enough to walk away from all of mine without "injury" but I sure as hell wouldn't be able to ride the day or two after.
wildbill
2/6/2015 12:40pm
wildbill wrote:

Heal up #51
Hgibbs566 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
Or is this the first announcement in a whole string of announcements where Barcia hates the bike, and his "injury" keeps him off the bike for...
Or is this the first announcement in a whole string of announcements where Barcia hates the bike, and his "injury" keeps him off the bike for the remainder of his contract with the team but he still races mountain bike regularly? That's never happened before.

I'm just being facetious. We all know how it feels to take a hard hit. I've been fortunate enough to walk away from all of mine without "injury" but I sure as hell wouldn't be able to ride the day or two after.
Pure supposition, but knowing the sport, injury is statistically higher than anything else.

Post a reply to: Justin Barcia Injured?

The Latest