Just wanted to take a moment and say thanks to one of the people responsible for an epic american MXON this year. Jonathan Beasley

JustMX
Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 4:28pm
Not intending to take anything away from this weekend's event.

I just think it is important to remember that Beasley played a part.

He had dreamed of hosting the mxon for years. He took a huge chance in hosting, especially after the fiasco with the failed us mxon a few years previous, and ended up with an epic event that until this weekend was the largest event in American history.

It is common knowledge that he didn't come out financially and he learned a lot that has been helpful to others with plans to host this event.

As the torch in the American mxon record books is passed, i just wanted to say thanks to Beasley for leading the way.

|
10/5/2018 6:23am
Since over 90% of the people reading this have no idea what or who the OP is talking about, I'll go ahead and mention that Beasley is the owner of Budds Creek
robkinuk
10/5/2018 6:28am
Add Ward Robinson to that list Wink
JustMX wrote:
That makes sense as well
And Dave Claybaurgh of Thunder Vallerlly 2010 event as well!
Definitely Jonathon Beasley took the biggest risk after the apathy to the MXDN in America since the 2002 fiasco on the Indian reservation.

The Shop

newmann
10/5/2018 6:36am
No doubt about it, Beasley was the true American Hero de Motocross after the epic McCassey Clusterfuck of Nations. He has my respect.
olds cool
10/5/2018 8:06am
I'll toss out an amen to that, Joe. One of the top experiences of my life to witness that epic day in person. Wish I could be at RB this weekend.
KDXGarage
10/5/2018 1:10pm
olds cool wrote:
I'll toss out an amen to that, Joe. One of the top experiences of my life to witness that epic day in person. Wish I could...
I'll toss out an amen to that, Joe. One of the top experiences of my life to witness that epic day in person. Wish I could be at RB this weekend.
Same here!! Thanks for starting the ball rolling for it to be in the USA again!

OldYZRider1
10/5/2018 2:34pm
I too hope the Ritchie's fair well after hearing about the financial disappointment that Budd's Creek realized. That's how it often goes though; a pioneer takes the first step that isn't always successful and those who follow learn from their efforts.

It looks like the Ritchie's are doing a great job with it and its cool to see the second generation carrying on Gene's legacy so well.
ns503
10/5/2018 4:28pm
newmann wrote:
No doubt about it, Beasley was the true American Hero de Motocross after the epic McCassey Clusterfuck of Nations. He has my respect.
Yup.

Not only that - we saw him both days, when going thru the gate, and he was picking garbage each time. Supreme effort everywhere.

Post a reply to: Just wanted to take a moment and say thanks to one of the people responsible for an epic american MXON this year. Jonathan Beasley

The Latest