Just to piss Daniel Blair off

Related:
Create New Tag

10/24/2019 11:35 AM

Jacob Hayes signed with AJE Gas Monkey Husqvarna. Press release will be November 1st. Good for Jacob. Hopefully the guy lands on the podium a few times. He deserves it.

|

10/24/2019 11:39 AM

Josh Osby will also be riding for the AJE Motorsports team.

Why would that piss off Blair?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/24/2019 11:44 AM

Listen to his main main show and you’ll get the reference

|

10/24/2019 11:44 AM

Welcome to last month!

"One of the bigger independent teams in the pits, the AJE Motorsports team is set to come back for the 250 West Coast portion of the Supercross series. We have heard that Jacob Hayes has reached an agreement with the team, but it is yet to be announced. Kyle Peters is another rider that is said to be in talks."

https://www.swapmotolive.com/late-september-2020-team-rider-roster-updates-thor-mx-kickstart/

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/ML512-Racing-Team,1365672?exclusive_forum_user=false&page=3

|

10/24/2019 12:48 PM

Wells423 wrote:

Listen to his main main show and you’ll get the reference

Pretty rough to listen to that show.

|

10/24/2019 12:54 PM

Wtf is the main main show?

|

10/24/2019 1:28 PM

kb228 wrote:

The one where you pay Daniel Blair $6 a month to listen to how uneducated he truly is.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/24/2019 1:34 PM

Wells423 wrote:

Jacob Hayes signed with AJE Gas Monkey Husqvarna. Press release will be November 1st. Good for Jacob. Hopefully the guy lands ...more

You should be kicked out of the trust tree!

|

10/24/2019 1:35 PM

kb228 wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:

The one where you pay Daniel Blair $6 a month to listen to how uneducated he truly is.

Or you could just not listen instead of being a prick.

|

10/24/2019 1:39 PM

I miss Hobo and the funnier Blair brother. Hopefully when the season starts, the OG show will get back on track. Cooksey did a good job on this weeks show as well, which is something I thought I'd never admit.

|

10/24/2019 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/24/2019 1:46 PM

Hopefully he gets some money up front, that "team" doesn't like to follow through on their financial obligations even more than the typical industry standard.

|

10/24/2019 1:44 PM

Kyle978 wrote:

Hopefully he gets some money up front, that "team" doesn't like to follow through on their financial obligations even more ...more

What??! "Get ya some of that"

|

10/24/2019 3:10 PM

kb228 wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:

motoxxx599 wrote:

Or you could just not listen instead of being a prick.

FWIW, I've listened to the Main Event Moto show since the first episode. IMO that show has taken a bit of a downturn, partly because I believe Daniel is afraid to say anything controversial like he did in the early days. This is obviously related to his position with Feld and the broadcast. I like Daniel, he's a good guy with good insight and a good sense of humour. I did listen to his free content to test the Main Main show and I didn't think it was anything worth paying $6/mo (that's like $10 Cdn w00t ). The stuff he talks about on there, it is all found in other podcasts that are: a) free and b) presented by people with much more of a global knowledge base than Daniel. Again, I like him as a Moto guy. But when he steps way out of the moto lane he kind of comes off as the typical "ignorant American" guy. Producer Joe on other hand does have a broad base of knowledge and is much better suited to present the content.

If this makes me a prick, then so be it.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/24/2019 4:47 PM

crowe176 wrote:

I miss Hobo and the funnier Blair brother. Hopefully when the season starts, the OG show will get back on track. Cooksey did a ...more

I wish I could listen, I love DB but producer Joe's voice is wayyy to "pillow talk radio" for me and makes me feel uncomfortable... laughing

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

10/24/2019 4:53 PM

Haha I was gonna do this a few weeks ago. Glad someone did laughing

|

10/24/2019 5:05 PM

Gave up on Main Event Moto. Hard to get excited when the host openly and repeatedly talks about how they hate doing the show and don't want to be there.

However, next to Weege, Blair is the best of the Race Day bunch, hands down.

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

10/24/2019 5:05 PM

crowe176 wrote:

I miss Hobo and the funnier Blair brother. Hopefully when the season starts, the OG show will get back on track. Cooksey did a ...more

Vincent Blair is absolutely unlistenable. He's so removed from the sport yet always feels like he has an accurate "hot take" on every matter.

Vincent Blair literally sounds about as smart as a bag of dildos. Every time I see his name associated with that podcast, I immediately flick off my phone's screen then delete the pod.

Vincent Blair's commentary is as insightful as the Pauly Shore movie Bio Dome - except without any of the actual humor.

Vincent Blair's thought process makes him sound like a walking talking fetal alcohol syndrome awareness public service announcement.

Vincent Blair, I fucking hate you.

|

10/24/2019 5:14 PM

swizcore wrote:

I wish I could listen, I love DB but producer Joe's voice is wayyy to "pillow talk radio" for me and makes me feel ...more

Your forum pic kinda makes me feel the samewassat

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

10/24/2019 5:21 PM

plowboy wrote:

Your forum pic kinda makes me feel the samewassat

I get that a lot. Understandable.

|

Preparation+Opportunity=Luck.

10/24/2019 5:23 PM

crowe176 wrote:

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Vincent Blair is absolutely unlistenable. He's so removed from the sport yet always feels like he has an accurate "hot take" ...more

I think you might have some internal issues that you might need to address. I really enjoy Vincent. Main Event Moto is dope!

|

10/24/2019 5:48 PM

crowe176 wrote:

swizcore wrote:

I wish I could listen, I love DB but producer Joe's voice is wayyy to "pillow talk radio" for me and makes me feel ...more

Photo
|

10/24/2019 6:25 PM

JohnnyD13 wrote:

I think you might have some internal issues that you might need to address. I really enjoy Vincent. Main Event Moto is dope!

Main Event Moto definitely is dope. Especially since Cooksey joined!!! Way, way, WAY better show than when that dopey schlep Vince is on.

Vincent Blair should’ve been a blow job.

|

10/24/2019 6:51 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

Gave up on Main Event Moto. Hard to get excited when the host openly and repeatedly talks about how they hate doing the show ...more

Agreed, the producer's voice makes me want to drown myself and Daniel never seems to want to do it. He always comes off that he's in a bad mood or its a waste of his time but he wants to collect the check from racer x. They play that god awful music over who evers talking to cue a commercial, and then the commercials have bad vibes. Idk. It's frustrating because I like daniel when he's on pulp, I think cus Steve humbles him, but then when he's on his own it's almost like it's a waste of his time because he's too good for it and its listeners, idk.

Now in his defense, Matthes sais he is getting out of media but it's in a totally different light. Everyone loves him and it's kind of a playful threat, where if Daniel tried the same thing, he might get an applause and showed the way out.

That may sound harsh if you like Daniel, I like Daniel too, just not his podcast.

|

10/24/2019 7:16 PM

I've never seen Daniel upset, he's pretty solid.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

10/24/2019 7:43 PM

The podcast has the potential to be great. I agree Daniel comes across as a pretentious ass sometimes and "too good for the sport", but the thing he really needs to change is holding back real reporting/opinions because of his job with Feld. If he is worried about that, don't have a podcast where you have to censor how you really feel. He has literally said "I have to talk interview this rider this weekend so have to protect the relationship." No reporter in real sports has to protect anything. They ask the questions and the athlete answers. Simple as that.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

10/24/2019 7:44 PM

Don’t / never have had a problem with Producer Joe’s voice. It’s the words / content that matter, right VitalMX podcast GuyB? tongue Daniel and crew have a good thing going. Keep on keeping on!

|

10/24/2019 7:51 PM

You guys are harsh. I like Daniel Blair.

|

10/24/2019 8:53 PM

Meanwhile Daniel and Vincent are all DYING while reading this thread. This is comedy gold. Please keep it up😂 and start your own podcast so the 5 listeners can listen you you and your buddies talk about what’s wrong with the sport from your moms basement😂😂

|

10/25/2019 12:16 AM

Red Crawford wrote:

Gave up on Main Event Moto. Hard to get excited when the host openly and repeatedly talks about how they hate doing the show ...more

Saying Blair is next to Weege is like saying Andromeda is close to the Milky Way.

|

10/25/2019 1:59 AM

I listen to pretty much every podcast talking moto but i just can't listen to Main Event. It is THAT bad. DB seems like a cool dude but he just doesn't know his shit. He's terrible when it comes to US SX/MX, and even a lot worse about euro stuff. Bad, real bad. I don't understand why RacerX affiliated whith this stuff.

|