Just one more reason Rocky Mountain kills the Dealers

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2019 10:56 AM

I got this over the weekend. Keep in mind that is was totally unsolicited.

Photo

|

1/14/2019 10:59 AM

Any RMATV discount codes?

|

1/14/2019 10:59 AM

Ordered from them this morning. Product is on the road and race weekend will be saved.

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

1/14/2019 11:00 AM

got a 40 credit on a moto 9 flex price drop....could not believe it.
I still try and do parts,oil etc locally, great KTM dealer Cliffs Cycles.

|

1/14/2019 11:05 AM

My brother works in the parts department at our local dealer. Took seven weeks to get "in stock" Crossfire 2 soles from another guy in the department. Every time I called to check status, they would tell me "ya probably tomorrow." My brother actually ordered them and they were there in two days. Moments like that gets frustrating. I've also NEVER gotten the correct plastics the first go around from them.

I'll continue to buy Yamalube 2R and air filter oil through the dealer though. Rant over

|

1/14/2019 11:07 AM

I try pretty hard not to use Rocky Mountain or Amazon since they switched to OnTrac.

|

1/14/2019 11:11 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Ordered from them this morning. Product is on the road and race weekend will be saved.

It was the same deal for me last week, thus this order. I washed the bike to get ready for that D37 sprint enduro and noticed that my rear wheel bearings were smoked. I jumped to RM and ordered a bearing kit and this blind bearing puller. The order went in Monday and parts were at my door Wednesday (no wrong parts, no run around about orders not getting put in, just done and at my door).

|

1/14/2019 11:12 AM

byke wrote:

I try pretty hard not to use Rocky Mountain or Amazon since they switched to OnTrac.

OnTrac is the worst thing to happen to shipping in a long time.

|

1/14/2019 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2019 11:40 AM

This is actually very smart marketing!!

By giving out these "credits" (which is actually money you already spent)- You will for sure order some more shit real soon and likely spend way more than the "credit"...Easy way to get people to buy sooner and spend more..(notice the expiration date).

Reminds me when my wife goes to Kohls and they tell her she "saved" $175 dollars today- NO she didn't- She spent $100.

|

1/14/2019 11:15 AM

byke wrote:

Stuntman949 wrote:

Their tracking is crap but, I haven't been let down on their delivery times....so far

|

1/14/2019 11:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2019 11:22 AM

byke wrote:

Stuntman949 wrote:

BAMX wrote:

Their tracking is crap but, I haven't been let down on their delivery times....so far

Probably half the time, they leave my packages on the side walk in front of my house or on the driveway...not even on the porch. Not kidding.

I called to complain and they told me their company policy is that the packages have to be on the customers property...drivers putting packages on the porch is a courtesy. I told them that is a stupid company policy given the prevalence of package theft...lady said she'd take note of it.

I hate those guys.

Now I just have rocky mountain deliver packages to my office...and the packages are brought to my desk by the receptionist. "why are you having tires delivered to your office?" is my favorite question. lol

|

1/14/2019 11:25 AM

I have a few things to buy here in the next month or so. I should give them a look.

|

1/14/2019 11:39 AM

byke wrote:

Stuntman949 wrote:

Totally agree. People that live in the good OnTrac regions don't understand. Out here, forget about anything being on time, that's basically nothing in the list of problems. I don't even get a package literally half the time. I can only dream about late delivery problems. I laugh when people complain about something due on Tuesday that shows up Wednesday or Thursday or Friday. .

|

1/14/2019 11:47 AM

I order and will continue to order. I have been using my local Husqvarna for years easily spent the price of a new bike on parts and shop time. They still don't know my name or throw me a $20 part in here and there. This is the top shop in phoenix.

Try to keep buying oils/grips/cleaning products with the dealer but man they make it hard especially when I spend $10 in gas to get there...

|

1/14/2019 11:57 AM

BAMX wrote:

I got this over the weekend. Keep in mind that is was totally unsolicited.

Photo

I literally bought the same item as well as a case splitter and now have a 35.00 credit. I am pumped. Not to mention they stock tons of OEM product for my bike builds.

|

Throwbackmxguy

1/14/2019 10:14 PM

byke wrote:

Hah, I hear that! Ontrac screwed up so many of my deliveries from Rockymountain they agreed to only ship to me using Fedex (no additional charge). Ontrac lost 4 or 5 Rockymountain packages I ordered in the last year, some took 10 days to deliver, a couple delivered to the wrong house, etc. Like 1 out of 3 have made it on schedule. LOL And I am spending too much money on dirt bike parts...

|

1/14/2019 10:39 PM

byke wrote:

Stuntman949 wrote:

It’s the worst. Couldn’t agree with you guys more. But when my local dealer doesn’t stock simple sprocket bolts your forced to shop elsewhere. cheers

|

1/14/2019 11:05 PM

Business has changed. Dealers need to adapt, more emphasis on service and alternative products and less on trying to stock 2000sq ft of gear. It's not going back, adapt or die. If it wasn't RM it would be someone else.

|

1/14/2019 11:16 PM

3 words: Adapt or die.

|

1/15/2019 2:43 AM

opyguy wrote:

got a 40 credit on a moto 9 flex price drop....could not believe it.
I still try and do parts,oil etc locally, great KTM ...more

X2 on cliffs cycles

|

1/15/2019 2:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2019 2:49 AM

If you think about it they treat everyone as if you’re their buddy coming into the shop. Give us ride gas cards. Automatically price match. Randomly get 25 gift cards in the email. Quick cash. Live customer agents that answer any question. All the stuff promptly shipped and usually to my house next day. Crazy.

I didn’t know they would cut you graphics without logos if
You ask them. So sweet. If you put their logos on your number plates they give ya $5 off. So they’re paying for advertising space too. Just can’t beat it.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/15/2019 4:07 AM

I’ve got a few of those credits now. I would always use Motorsport because I would get my stuff the next day but I’ve started using Rocky Mountain for everything now.

|

1/15/2019 6:37 AM

RMATV is a dealer .... maybe other dealers should change their business model just sayin

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

1/15/2019 7:11 AM

One little trick I learned when ordering is buy a chemical. Doesn't matter what it is, chain lube, filter oil, premix..something and it forces them to ship FedEx not USPS. I'm one day delivery from there KY warehouse and if I need something next day I always order a chemical so I get the order the next day. USPS is 2day. Obviously this won't help if you live outside the FedEx 1day shipping zone.

|

1/15/2019 7:37 AM

byke wrote:

Okay, I'll ask. What is OnTrac?

|

1/15/2019 7:52 AM

I live in the mountains of socal and have had ZERO problems with ontrac and Rocky Mountain, there are NO shops within 50 miles of my house and getting stuff I need or want get here in 2 days.
Rocky Mountain supports a rad team and supports are sport????

|

1/15/2019 7:58 AM

gharmon wrote:

Okay, I'll ask. What is OnTrac?

Basically a large shipping company that uses independent contractors for pick up and delivery. The vehicles are driver owned. Usually shady white vans with cracked and faded "OnTrac" magnets slapped on the door.

Three weeks ago, Ontrac lost our customers package, Claimed to have delivered the same package multiple times, and also tacked on a $640 oversize charge. Makes sense right?

|

1/15/2019 8:01 AM

Photo
|

1/15/2019 8:01 AM

i did a return about a year ago on a pair of boots. i honestly forgot to check and see if i was ever credited back for that return. about a YEAR later, i get a call from RM, they were doing an audit of past returns, and saw where my return never was processed on my card correctly. they apologized, instantly refunded it, AND sent me a very nice gift card in addition. i have numerous next level customer service stories like that with them. thus far, if they do something wrong, they go out of their way to make it more than right. it's game over for local dealers for parts with service like that. this isn't just about convenience/price.

i don't even look elsewhere online at this point.

|

1/15/2019 8:11 AM

Especially since they price match. Just bought some tech10s that they price matched for 360 something. All you gotta do is show them the link where you can it for cheaper. Boom Matched.

|

GP740
Since 1987