Just like the kid that won the Masters this year,

Related:
Create New Tag

4/25/2021 12:33 PM

propelling the interest in golf for thousands of young people in Japan. Shimoda's win in Salt Lake City, which was the first Supercross ever won by a Japanese could have a similar effect in bike sales and racing

The kid was solid and looked great and straight up won that race. Congrats are in order no doubt.

|

4/25/2021 12:53 PM

MyBobbym wrote:

propelling the interest in golf for thousands of young people in Japan. Shimoda's win in Salt Lake City, which was the first ...more

Dammit Bobby, much as I hate to admit it...you are spot on. Joe is an awesome rep for his country and the sport. I hope he gets his props back home.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

4/25/2021 1:01 PM

How many tracks, trails and open areas are available in Japan? I don't think Jo's success would have much impact there. Kids in Japan are way to doo deep in their cellphones.

|

4/25/2021 1:03 PM

Im sure he will get props in Japan, but dirtbikes/racing is a niche sport there unfortunately. People that do not ride do not really have that much interest in the sport.
I hope I am wrong and he can get more people into it over there but thats what I noticed during my time spent there..

I will say he is definitely the fastest Japanese rider. I watched US/Euro riders destroy the top Japanese guys at Sugo like it was amateur day.. All the time Shimoda has trained in the US has definitely paid off for him and I can't wait to see him race the outdoors!

|

4/25/2021 2:00 PM

Japanese are the prideful people in the world. Different attitude results in different outcome, you never know what this first win can do.

|

4/25/2021 4:32 PM

No mention of it on the sports news last night. I'll take a look at some of the online news sites in a bit and see if there's anything.

|

4/25/2021 4:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2021 4:53 PM

NBC announcers were talking about Jo and Hideki accomplishments during the St Petersberg FL Indy car race this morning as they were talking about a Japanese Indy Driver...said what an awesome statement it is for Japan and Japanese athletes...I definitely concur! So Rad to see

|

4/25/2021 5:36 PM

Sully22 wrote:

NBC announcers were talking about Jo and Hideki accomplishments during the St Petersberg FL Indy car race this morning as they ...more

Heard that too as they were talking about Soto winning the Indy 500 last year and all the great accomplishments of Japanese athletes lately....pretty cool they included Jo in that conversation.

|

4/25/2021 5:57 PM

If nothing else this should get him a huge bonus from Kawasaki!

|

4/25/2021 7:02 PM

nothing in Japanese news about Jo's win
And it won't do anything to increase the popularity of Motorbikes in japan....

|

4/25/2021 7:07 PM

|

Powerband in every gear !

4/25/2021 7:14 PM

Gotta give the kid mad respect for coming here, totally out of his element...and showing what he’s made of. I’m pretty sure Mitch is stoked.

Maybe that makes up for Forkner & McAdoo...

|

4/26/2021 3:31 AM

70's Akira Watanabe...

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

4/26/2021 5:17 AM

Ad F1 rookie Yuki Tsunoda to the mix!

|

"You can't resist the louder pull..."

4/26/2021 9:12 AM

|

4/26/2021 9:14 AM

Vet57 wrote:

70's Akira Watanabe...

Koji Masuda..

|

4/26/2021 9:16 AM

3rd and 2nd in his first two years of SX. Not too shabby

|

4/28/2021 1:24 AM

Congrats to Jo!!

I suspect his success here will do as much for Japanese moto, as Pomeroy, Lackey, LaPorte, Smith, Holley, going to GP’s in their heyday did for US Moto. Largely nothing.

|