Just got my new helmet wrap

ocscottie
6/26/2013 9:28pm
Slippy, check out this oldschool Shoei of Nealers i still have. I think from 89'ish? painted by the classic NorCal dude Serrano Designs.

(i know my phone really sucks ass)

slipdog
6/26/2013 9:43pm
Here's my Serrano from '89, first year on big bikes...

ocscottie
6/26/2013 10:03pm
I have some good Serrano stories from back in the day...Whistling
docweedon
6/26/2013 10:28pm
Helmet sticker kits are nothing new...I had a Factory Effex one on my Moto 5 and then when I got another Moto 5 I put on the Troy Lee Designs flame sticker kit. This was back in 1993/94. They were like $40 back then.

If you are going to do up a helmet, go all out and get it custom painted...

The Shop

JTynes
6/26/2013 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/27/2013 12:15pm
Here's one that Kenny Lake from Motive Dezigns made for me. All I have is the proof right now. I'll upload a better pic later.

The Oracle
Fantasy
4286th
6/27/2013 7:05am
Split Designs out of California have some really cool helmet wraps, with customized name, number and three optional logos for $79

slipdog
6/27/2013 8:30am
jloucks742 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/06/26/25583/s1200_download.jpg[/img] dirtdna does great work!

dirtdna does great work!
Like this one! I think I saw it at the shop when it was new, or one very similar. The green "pops" more in person than in this photo.
mcopsey
7/18/2013 6:41pm
Does anyone have a vector for an Arai VX Pro 3?
brimx153
7/18/2013 7:38pm
they look great , but speaking as an artist , i hate them , the computer has really done away with a lot of talented peoples jobs Sad , they look great tho , and price wise , airbush cant compete at all
7/18/2013 8:12pm
brimx153 wrote:
they look great , but speaking as an artist , i hate them , the computer has really done away with a lot of talented peoples...
they look great , but speaking as an artist , i hate them , the computer has really done away with a lot of talented peoples jobs Sad , they look great tho , and price wise , airbush cant compete at all
Thankyou! Thats true, i worked for a year with a custom painter many years ago now, its such a skill and times have changed for sure, in saying that, it is an art to wrap a helmet like this, we were the first here to do it and its alot harder than installing stickers!
10/3/2015 6:48am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2015 7:14am
This thread inspired me to get a wrap as a cheap alternative to a paint job. I'm still waiting for my custom helmet wrap from split designs. I'm getting antsy so I figured I would share the proofs. I replicated Emig's gi fro helmet. I figured it turned out good and was a lot cheaper than a custom paint job.

10/3/2015 8:43am
I haven't read through all the post so I don't know if it's been mentioned. There's a guy over here who goes by the name of Watson Decals and he does loads of these as well as neck braces & graphic kits for bikes. Check out his Instagram page

https://instagram.com/watsondecals/

I was thinking about getting a Bradshaw replica.
10/3/2015 12:21pm
jamma10 wrote:
Putting stickers on Fibreglass helmets is ok but you shouldn't put stickers on a helmet with a Polycarbonate shell (eg the cheaper Fox helmets) as the...
Putting stickers on Fibreglass helmets is ok but you shouldn't put stickers on a helmet with a Polycarbonate shell (eg the cheaper Fox helmets) as the adhesive will erode the plastic.
Plus you can't see cracks that might form after an impact....slippery slope.

Guess it would be fine for a 1 season only deal. But after a crash I'd be paranoid and just peel stickers off to inspect. Dry
10/3/2015 5:07pm
We have made a few helmet wraps, we had a local sign shop print it on vinyl car wrap material and it worked great. The second...
We have made a few helmet wraps, we had a local sign shop print it on vinyl car wrap material and it worked great. The second photo is a johnny o'mara replica wrap we did.
Dude I was just about to say THAT LOOKS LIKE 1989 JohnnyO!!!!!
10/11/2015 3:22am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 3:44am
I finally got mine on. I think it turned out pretty cool looking. I have graphics for the visor too but haven't decided if I will put those on. I also have one last piece for the lower rear of the helmet. The gold leaf is just from a sticker sheet that isn't very high quality so we'll see how it holds up.

slipdog
10/11/2015 4:53am Edited Date/Time 10/11/2015 4:54am
^^^I like it, I like it a lot.

(In a Jim Carrey voice)
Crush
10/11/2015 5:00am
I finally got mine on. I think it turned out pretty cool looking. I have graphics for the visor too but haven't decided if I will...
I finally got mine on. I think it turned out pretty cool looking. I have graphics for the visor too but haven't decided if I will put those on. I also have one last piece for the lower rear of the helmet. The gold leaf is just from a sticker sheet that isn't very high quality so we'll see how it holds up.

10/11/2015 5:35am
ocscottie wrote:
Slippy, dude this one is the bomb! The black base look 10x's better IMO This almost has a little Bradshaw flare to it...just a hint of...
Slippy, dude this one is the bomb! The black base look 10x's better IMO

This almost has a little Bradshaw flare to it...just a hint of it...

Exactly what I thought. Wonder if they have an Arai template. I WANT
crt32
10/11/2015 8:52am
I have had great experiences with MagikSC wraps. However, they take TIME to install; I probably put 6 hours+ into this wrap. I recommend using a little bit of soapy water to move the decal around; and start from the back and work your way forward. Just take your time and don't get frustrated, because it is a slight chore.

TeamGreen
10/11/2015 9:14am
slipdog wrote:
I think it's pretty cool what can be done with sticker kits now. I got an extra one with white base and red and black swirls...
I think it's pretty cool what can be done with sticker kits now. I got an extra one with white base and red and black swirls that blends better on my cue ball, but the red matches my red and yellow One Ind. gear better. Not bad for $99...

Edit: Done by the guys at Dirtdna.com
Damn!

That's nice. Can you order a kit with inter-change-able pieces to replace the parts that get Roosted/warn out?
oshow
10/11/2015 9:17am
BigDaddyG wrote:
I had Miek at LG1 do mine....it was kinda tough to put one but not nears as bad as I was expecting. He uses a really...
I had Miek at LG1 do mine....it was kinda tough to put one but not nears as bad as I was expecting. He uses a really killer material that once you hit it with a heat gun it evaporates the soapy water and adheres the material perfectly. I think it came out pretty good. Its an easy way to transform a helmet for under $100

This one looks super nice
slipdog
10/11/2015 9:50am
TeamGreen wrote:
Damn!

That's nice. Can you order a kit with inter-change-able pieces to replace the parts that get Roosted/warn out?
Yes you can, as I'm sure all the other companies can do as well. Since this got brought back up 2 years later I will say it was my mistake picking out the kit with the red base color. They gave me about 6 different options and unknowingly I thought the red matched my gear the best, but put no thought into how noticeable each panel would stand out.

I later had the same one printed in a white base with red accents and it looked a million times better than the one I posted here because each panel blended into the white helmet and looked seamless. Live and learn, lol!
10/11/2015 3:58pm
slipdog wrote:
I think it's pretty cool what can be done with sticker kits now. I got an extra one with white base and red and black swirls...
I think it's pretty cool what can be done with sticker kits now. I got an extra one with white base and red and black swirls that blends better on my cue ball, but the red matches my red and yellow One Ind. gear better. Not bad for $99...

Edit: Done by the guys at Dirtdna.com
TeamGreen wrote:
Damn!

I bet you could. My guy sent me a proof before he made it so Im sure they would have them saved.
Agent717
10/11/2015 8:23pm
Got mine from Elusive Graphics. I may be biased but I think it came out awesome.

Post a reply to: Just got my new helmet wrap

The Latest