Just got my new helmet wrap

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2012 3:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2012 3:52 PM

I think it's pretty cool what can be done with sticker kits now. I got an extra one with white base and red and black swirls that blends better on my cue ball, but the red matches my red and yellow One Ind. gear better. Not bad for $99...

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo
Edit: Done by the guys at Dirtdna.com

|

5/24/2012 3:25 PM

How much of a pain in the ass was it to put on? It looks great.

|

5/24/2012 3:25 PM

Nice! Who did this?

|

5/24/2012 3:33 PM

Ridge, it's the same as doing your bike graphics. Went on pretty easy.

Doc, it was done by Dirtdna.com, they have a pretty cool black on black one coming out in the new Dirt Rider. They have a Facebook page too.

|

5/24/2012 3:34 PM

slipdog wrote:

Ridge, it's the same as doing your bike graphics. Went on pretty easy.

Doc, it was done by Dirtdna.com, they have a pretty cool black on black one coming out in the new Dirt Rider. They have a Facebook page too.

tnx!

|

5/24/2012 3:51 PM

interesting, i've never seen something like that before or even heard of it.

not bad, Bro

|

5/24/2012 4:22 PM

That looks really good Slippy Beef Broth! wink

I have always liked the swirly graphics deal. Looks damn good for $99.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/24/2012 4:47 PM

ocscottie wrote:

That looks really good Slippy Beef Broth! wink

I have always liked the swirly graphics deal. Looks damn good for $99.

It's based off the same red and black swirl graphics kit on my Crf.

Oh, your Magoo story was awesome!

|

5/24/2012 4:50 PM

You scared me. I thought that Ii was going to see something like this. The sticker kit looks pretty cool how much of a pain was it to put the flat sticker on a round object?

Photo

|

5/24/2012 4:53 PM

http://www.splitdesignsco.com/

has way cooler designs
same idea

|

5/24/2012 5:24 PM

BAMX wrote:

You scared me. I thought that Ii was going to see something like this. The sticker kit looks pretty cool how much of a pain was it to put the flat sticker on a round object?

Photo

Those sweet skins were my second choice!

A heat gun works wonders but it was no more difficult than most modern rear fenders or the right side number plate.

|

5/24/2012 5:58 PM

thats wicked! i didn't even know these were available.. honestly its one of the nicest designs ive seen.

|

5/24/2012 6:21 PM

DirtDna did my graphics and I saw the lid they did for a friend. Came out pretty good.

Nice Slipdog!

|

5/24/2012 6:56 PM

Looks good

another +1 for Dirt DNA.... Damien/ David have done all my graphics the last 4-5 years or so.
--- from mild to wild

|

5/24/2012 6:59 PM

This one here is my buddy BigDaddyG's helmet kit he had done by LG1.....so far , they are the best I have seen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Getting mine done here soon , something like this.....

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/24/2012 7:04 PM

Wow very cool, easy to have a new looking helmet smile

|

5/24/2012 7:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2012 7:12 PM

I had Miek at LG1 do mine....it was kinda tough to put one but not nears as bad as I was expecting. He uses a really killer material that once you hit it with a heat gun it evaporates the soapy water and adheres the material perfectly. I think it came out pretty good. Its an easy way to transform a helmet for under $100
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/24/2012 7:28 PM

Purty cool.

|

5/24/2012 8:10 PM

BigDaddyG wrote:

I had Miek at LG1 do mine....it was kinda tough to put one but not nears as bad as I was expecting. He uses a really killer material that once you hit it with a heat gun it evaporates the soapy water and adheres the material perfectly. I think it came out pretty good. Its an easy way to transform a helmet for under $100
Photo

Photo

Photo

that is the bees knees dude! w00t cool

|

5/24/2012 8:12 PM

Photo
|

5/24/2012 8:25 PM

is it like shroud graphics material or thinner?

|

5/24/2012 8:54 PM

pacman00 wrote:

is it like shroud graphics material or thinner?

Mine is done in car wrap material and has the same thick 16mil clearcoat as the bike graphics.

Here's a few more they have done with black base color on black helmets.

Photo

Photo

|

5/24/2012 9:55 PM

Damn slip.....I'm really digging these last few you posted.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

5/24/2012 10:01 PM

Slipdog.....I think you just sold a bunch of white helmets and sticker kits.

|

5/24/2012 11:10 PM

Slippy, dude this one is the bomb! The black base look 10x's better IMO

This almost has a little Bradshaw flare to it...just a hint of it...

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/24/2012 11:52 PM

Awesome!!!! My next lid will be a solid color with one of those kits fo show.

|

5/25/2012 1:03 AM

These are sick.

|

5/25/2012 1:03 AM

I had been thinking a new white VFX......but damn , the black ones are kind of looking cool!

|

5/25/2012 1:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2012 1:17 AM

Putting stickers on Fibreglass helmets is ok but you shouldn't put stickers on a helmet with a Polycarbonate shell (eg the cheaper Fox helmets) as the adhesive will erode the plastic.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

5/25/2012 6:17 AM

ocscottie wrote:

Slippy, dude this one is the bomb! The black base look 10x's better IMO

This almost has a little Bradshaw flare to it...just a hint of it...

Photo

I agree for sure the black on black looks bad ass! It looks the best if you use the same base color as your helmet. The ones Jeffro and BigDaddy posted up look really good with the white on white also!

I was trying for red to match my bike and gear, but now I might peel it back and give my helmet a coat of red PPG to help the stickers blend better. That's the beauty of it... they're just stickers. smile

Some white on white.
Photo

Photo

|