Just got an email from J-Law

oshow
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:55am
He said all you desk jocky's that love to hate on him could suck it. You aren't racing fans you are just here to bitch and hate on people you are envious of.

And his bike will look like this again if he dedicates hisself and is 100%
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/27/2009 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2009 3:14pm
Hisself?

To me, J-Law is...well, J-Law. Nothing more, nothing less. I like him, love watching him race, shake my head sadly when I hear that he's in trouble, and out of races.

Personally, I kind of didn't get his attitude in the press conference, but I also don't have to live in his shoes.

While getting ready for the first moto, he had his hair tied back in a ponytail, and another photographer and I went to shoot a shot of it, and he was commenting, "Oh, now I'm all popular again." Whatever. There are 39 other guys on the gate that I can shoot photos of. He's alternately entertaining and frustrating.

I'm paraphrasing, but he did say that he'd finally realized that racing is his one talent, and that he has to take it seriously. I hope that reaization doesn't take all the fun out of it for him, and that he still enjoys doing it. Otherwise he might be fairly miserable for the next few years. Here's hoping that he gets 100% out of his racing, and doesn't look back a few years from now and wish that he'd done things differently.

The Shop

oshow
7/27/2009 3:18pm
maybe his self.....

Yes I agree Guy-B, Hopefully he has realized what all us already knew and will put 100% into the thing he was born to do.

I've never heard you say anything bad about him so i dont know where that comment came from but that's his style, he knows you don't make these guys on here say or comment what they do...........
andymoto
7/27/2009 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:10am
The "I wish you knew then what I know now" syndrome after it's too late to go back.

Be cool if he does get it now; sounded kinda like it on the podium and it's not too late now.
oshow
7/27/2009 3:21pm
It's not too late now though.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/27/2009 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2009 3:25pm
I 'spose if I was in his shoes and read 10% of the stuff here that people post about him, I'd be really frustrated. I always scratch my head and wonder why people post the stuff they do, when I'd guess that very few of them have actually met him in person.

And that goes for a lot of the stuff that people post about other riders, team managers, mechanics, officials, etc.

I'm not here to try and put anyone on a pedestal, or to knock them back off. I just try and shoot and report what I see and hear.
oshow
7/27/2009 3:24pm
Exactly, everyone just post their thoughs without knowing shit...... Easy to type hard to live it.
worcsracer808
7/27/2009 3:26pm
J-law has all the potential in the world to make it in this sport, it's just up to him to use it or not, whatever his problems or issues may be, we don't know, but we know he has what it takes but has yet to put it together and that's why it's so frustrating to some, also people are just losing their patience, but damn he can ride, let's hope he makes this podium thing a regular occurance.
PCM
7/27/2009 3:49pm
I mean really...this kid has a bunch of raw talent and has made some mistakes but people shit on him way too much. There are other people out there that have pissed off their talents as well. Millsaps for one and no one ever blows him up like they do JLAW. Millsaps has had everything at his finger tips and continues to not train and squander his chances at a factory ride. All they say is he has been racing since he was four and is burned out. JLAW has issues like everyone else in life so F'ing what let him sort them out on his own and in the mean time ride his bike. He doesnt do anything directly invovling anyone on this board so who gives two shits (except a select few) And if he was winning none of you would have anything to say about the kid and that is some what sad. I guess "wins wash away sins" but no one looks at that point that he has more pressure on him then anyone else his age in MX/SX right now.
swizcore
7/27/2009 3:50pm
Why even post this?

First of all, the haters arent worth the time to post anything. So screw the haters, aside from the haters there are the J-Law supporters and that sect is separated into the diehards who support him no matter what and the others, myself included, who just want him to focus on racing and do what we all know he can do. Win.

peelout719
7/27/2009 3:54pm
i like the kid. i like his style. his on track actions. etc.

the other stuff is none of my business and i could care less. what he does on the track, when he does, is what i look at and judge my opinion of him on.

therefore, i think he's a grade A bad ass.
BobbyM
7/27/2009 3:55pm
GuyB wrote:
Hisself?To me, J-Law is...well, J-Law. Nothing more, nothing less. I like him, love watching him race, shake my head sadly when I hear that he's in...
Hisself?

To me, J-Law is...well, J-Law. Nothing more, nothing less. I like him, love watching him race, shake my head sadly when I hear that he's in trouble, and out of races.

Personally, I kind of didn't get his attitude in the press conference, but I also don't have to live in his shoes.

While getting ready for the first moto, he had his hair tied back in a ponytail, and another photographer and I went to shoot a shot of it, and he was commenting, "Oh, now I'm all popular again." Whatever. There are 39 other guys on the gate that I can shoot photos of. He's alternately entertaining and frustrating.

I'm paraphrasing, but he did say that he'd finally realized that racing is his one talent, and that he has to take it seriously. I hope that reaization doesn't take all the fun out of it for him, and that he still enjoys doing it. Otherwise he might be fairly miserable for the next few years. Here's hoping that he gets 100% out of his racing, and doesn't look back a few years from now and wish that he'd done things differently.
one thing about you steve...you get tired of the bullshit and move on fairly quickly. cool...more of us need to do that
crowe176
7/27/2009 4:12pm
Think he's still in Dungey's head? LOL
G-man
7/27/2009 4:13pm
BobbyM wrote:
one thing about you steve...you get tired of the bullshit and move on fairly quickly. cool...more of us need to do that
Ahhhhhh the irony......... Woohoo LOL

Will you write that in Blood?

It's ok I have a new sig line..... heheheheh
Trip
7/27/2009 4:24pm
I have ran into J-Law a few times, had meaningless conversations, but I've always come away a bigger fan. Two quick stories since everyone has theirs about how he fucked with them or their friend at the track.

I think it was two years ago at Perris when they had their night race in which Ramsey won and J. Alessi i think got second. So after the race my daughter and I are walking around and see Jason talking with Josh Grant, which happen to be two of my favorite riders. So I talk my daughter into taking a picture with them. I approach them, and ask if they have time for a picture. They thought I wanted one of them together, and said it wasn't a good idea. I said no, one with my daughter. They both start talking to her. (she's like 14 at the time) Talked for a few minutes to us, then they both said sure they would take a pic with her. I took one of her and Jason first. I check out the pic and I had the races setting on the camera still. Jason see's I'm looking at the pic and asks did it turn out? I say no, and he says "here take another one." Daughter put that on her Myspace and got all kinds of comments on it. She was all happy. Not as happy she is everytime she gets a pic with Jeff Alessi, but she was happy.

Second story.... Last year nationals Toyota gave a way like a flag thing with any number you wanted ironed on. My son, knowing I like Jason got one with 338. This year it was still in the trailer. My son is riding his bike around looking for free swag and runs into Jason by himself. He goes up to him and says he has this flag at camp and would he come sign it?? Jason asks "where are you camped?" Son tells him, and he says he will be by in a few. Son comes riding his bike back and is in a panic telling everyone we are camped with Jason is coming by to sign the flag. Everyone just brushes it off as the pro rider telling a 11 year old kid anything to just get him to leave him alone. Doesn't phase my son. He finds the flag and clamps it to the canopy. Few minutes later Jason shows up, now everyone is freaking out because he showed up and I'm not there. He signed the flag and a few other things, talked with everyone, then went on his way. I missed the whole thing cause I was out looking for shit to take picture of.

All the shitty stories about Jason, just thought I'd share a couple of cool ones. Sorry for the long read.
KAWboy14
7/27/2009 4:25pm
that kid is pretty stupid if it took him this long to figure out that racing is his only talent.
Clutchy
7/27/2009 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:10am
GuyB wrote:
I 'spose if I was in his shoes and read 10% of the stuff here that people post about him, I'd be really frustrated. I always...
I 'spose if I was in his shoes and read 10% of the stuff here that people post about him, I'd be really frustrated. I always scratch my head and wonder why people post the stuff they do, when I'd guess that very few of them have actually met him in person.

And that goes for a lot of the stuff that people post about other riders, team managers, mechanics, officials, etc.

I'm not here to try and put anyone on a pedestal, or to knock them back off. I just try and shoot and report what I see and hear.
Steve,

I dont believe that you need to have met someone to actually have a pretty fair assessment of them. Just basing things from someones actions will usually get you in the ball game. Not defending some of the things people post, but how much better do you know someone when you've done red carpet interviews.( not refering to you)

Jason and others like him have put themself in a position to be scrutinized. If they dont like it get out or sober up.

As much as there is some crazy stuff posted, some of it is the truth and lets face it alot of people dont like the truth.

As far as media goes, I'm pretty sure even you have to sugar coat things from time to time.

Last but not least " I spose if you where in his shoes he'd be wrapping up a 450 national championship not looking at jail time".
G-man
7/27/2009 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:10am
PCM wrote:
I mean really...this kid has a bunch of raw talent and has made some mistakes but people shit on him way too much. There are other...
I mean really...this kid has a bunch of raw talent and has made some mistakes but people shit on him way too much. There are other people out there that have pissed off their talents as well. Millsaps for one and no one ever blows him up like they do JLAW. Millsaps has had everything at his finger tips and continues to not train and squander his chances at a factory ride. All they say is he has been racing since he was four and is burned out. JLAW has issues like everyone else in life so F'ing what let him sort them out on his own and in the mean time ride his bike. He doesnt do anything directly invovling anyone on this board so who gives two shits (except a select few) And if he was winning none of you would have anything to say about the kid and that is some what sad. I guess "wins wash away sins" but no one looks at that point that he has more pressure on him then anyone else his age in MX/SX right now.
Nice first post & I agree, never have I seen more BS piled on someone for his mistakes than Jason. I guess there are some real HOLY ROLLERS on here who are perfect and never made mistakes in life--especially at such a young age with boatloads of dough and no guidance.

It was a perfect recipe for disaster and so far it hasn't played out too good.
I've been a J-Law fan for five years since LL's in 2004 and will continue to be one.

FU to all the HATERS!!!!!
KAWboy14
7/27/2009 4:33pm
GuyB wrote:
I 'spose if I was in his shoes and read 10% of the stuff here that people post about him, I'd be really frustrated. I always...

Clutchy wrote:
Steve, I dont believe that you need to have met someone to actually have a pretty fair assessment of them. Just basing things from someones actions...
Steve,

I dont believe that you need to have met someone to actually have a pretty fair assessment of them. Just basing things from someones actions will usually get you in the ball game. Not defending some of the things people post, but how much better do you know someone when you've done red carpet interviews.( not refering to you)

Jason and others like him have put themself in a position to be scrutinized. If they dont like it get out or sober up.

As much as there is some crazy stuff posted, some of it is the truth and lets face it alot of people dont like the truth.

As far as media goes, I'm pretty sure even you have to sugar coat things from time to time.

Last but not least " I spose if you where in his shoes he'd be wrapping up a 450 national championship not looking at jail time".
we "meet" that kid everytime he is on tv or in prison!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/27/2009 4:34pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
that kid is pretty stupid if it took him this long to figure out that racing is his only talent.
And he was bold enough to admit it publicly.

Now if we could just convince you that a lot of the stuff that you post that's intended as humor isn't really very funny... Wink
KAWboy14
7/27/2009 4:34pm
PCM wrote:
I mean really...this kid has a bunch of raw talent and has made some mistakes but people shit on him way too much. There are other...
G-man wrote:
Nice first post & I agree, never have I seen more BS piled on someone for his mistakes than Jason. I guess there are some real...
Nice first post & I agree, never have I seen more BS piled on someone for his mistakes than Jason. I guess there are some real HOLY ROLLERS on here who are perfect and never made mistakes in life--especially at such a young age with boatloads of dough and no guidance.

It was a perfect recipe for disaster and so far it hasn't played out too good.
I've been a J-Law fan for five years since LL's in 2004 and will continue to be one.

FU to all the HATERS!!!!!
yeah G.....talent excuses everything!
BobbyM
7/27/2009 4:40pm
BobbyM wrote:
G-man wrote:
Ahhhhhh the irony......... Woohoo LOL

Will you write that in Blood?

It's ok I have a new sig line..... heheheheh
Smile
blame oldx....
Void Main
7/27/2009 4:45pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
I still haven't figured out what my talent is and I'm closing in on 50. I'd say he's doing pretty good if he figured out what his is.
jmx411
7/27/2009 5:13pm
By his interview on speed the other day it sounded like he just liked to party more than race, but now the partying phase has worn off and he realizes it is time to get serious. Jlaw has made mistakes but i think he is realizin it is time to take care of business.
Wolfman
7/27/2009 5:16pm
Trip wrote:
I have ran into J-Law a few times, had meaningless conversations, but I've always come away a bigger fan. Two quick stories since everyone has theirs...
I have ran into J-Law a few times, had meaningless conversations, but I've always come away a bigger fan. Two quick stories since everyone has theirs about how he fucked with them or their friend at the track.

I think it was two years ago at Perris when they had their night race in which Ramsey won and J. Alessi i think got second. So after the race my daughter and I are walking around and see Jason talking with Josh Grant, which happen to be two of my favorite riders. So I talk my daughter into taking a picture with them. I approach them, and ask if they have time for a picture. They thought I wanted one of them together, and said it wasn't a good idea. I said no, one with my daughter. They both start talking to her. (she's like 14 at the time) Talked for a few minutes to us, then they both said sure they would take a pic with her. I took one of her and Jason first. I check out the pic and I had the races setting on the camera still. Jason see's I'm looking at the pic and asks did it turn out? I say no, and he says "here take another one." Daughter put that on her Myspace and got all kinds of comments on it. She was all happy. Not as happy she is everytime she gets a pic with Jeff Alessi, but she was happy.

Second story.... Last year nationals Toyota gave a way like a flag thing with any number you wanted ironed on. My son, knowing I like Jason got one with 338. This year it was still in the trailer. My son is riding his bike around looking for free swag and runs into Jason by himself. He goes up to him and says he has this flag at camp and would he come sign it?? Jason asks "where are you camped?" Son tells him, and he says he will be by in a few. Son comes riding his bike back and is in a panic telling everyone we are camped with Jason is coming by to sign the flag. Everyone just brushes it off as the pro rider telling a 11 year old kid anything to just get him to leave him alone. Doesn't phase my son. He finds the flag and clamps it to the canopy. Few minutes later Jason shows up, now everyone is freaking out because he showed up and I'm not there. He signed the flag and a few other things, talked with everyone, then went on his way. I missed the whole thing cause I was out looking for shit to take picture of.

All the shitty stories about Jason, just thought I'd share a couple of cool ones. Sorry for the long read.
That second story was cool Trip. Thanks for sharing.
swizcore
7/27/2009 5:25pm
Trip wrote:
I have ran into J-Law a few times, had meaningless conversations, but I've always come away a bigger fan. Two quick stories since everyone has theirs...

Very cool Trip. Its hard to not be a fan of any rider who does right by your kids. Smile
7/27/2009 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2009 5:33pm
Until this all plays out and we see what Jason chooses to do going forward, everything else is speculation. Let's let the kid breathe a bit, hope for the best, expect the worst (given his recent history) and accept the outcome. Shit, he's only what, 21, 22? He's the one that has to live with it if he screws up beyond repair. But, we'd all be remiss to say that the sport is better off without him. It's not. He's a genuine personality, which is saying a lot more than 95% of the other pros out there.

Post a reply to: Just got an email from J-Law

The Latest