Dakar 18 The Game! (Edit: New free DLC. Best trails ever!)

7/20/2019 9:50am
I went from the Honda to the KTM and saw immediate improvement Blink
You mean you could actually finish the rally without a mechanical?
Yes, but that was probably just from me not pinning it over triple cautions anymore
LOL, I was actually joking about the Honda not being able to win the real rally because of DNFs each year.
flatout111
7/20/2019 10:03am
Yes, but that was probably just from me not pinning it over triple cautions anymore
LOL, I was actually joking about the Honda not being able to win the real rally because of DNFs each year.
Lol. Yeah, that was a good one, dude.

Poor Ricky last year. He had that and was going to end KTM's 18 year streak.
Stuntman949
7/22/2019 8:56am
I was roosted by Brabec yesterday on his rally bike. Felt like normal roost tbh
flatout111
8/21/2019 6:05am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 6:14am
In this video, our own Resolute Kraken takes on the stellar Ruta 40 DLC in Dakar 18. On Legend difficulty, no less. Whew. No restarts at waypoints, better AI, more damage, less navigation help and you have to control your own road book rolling which is not at all easy.

As Resolute says, this is a whole new ball game here. Despite having very average physics, if you want a challenge then here you go. On Legend, I seriously find this to be the most difficult and challenging motorcycle game on a console. Don't discount the game because of the physics which, again, aren't great but they do some things right others miss out on like proper game speed. Dakar 18 is a great game which captures the feel, the atmosphere and the intelligence needed to compete in Dakar. If you are feeling cocky and feel no bike game is a challenge single player, then jump on and prepare to get lost as hell. It requires 100% attention to do well or even to not get lost.

https://youtu.be/8zYX57U0wwA

Thanks, Resolute. I'm on Legend as well. I think you are doing a bit better than I. Smile

A totally underrated game. A beautiful, extremely difficult simulation of the Dakar. The average physics will keep most from playing it but they are missing the point of an endurance game and the excellence of the navigation in this title. If, in the follow up title, Big Moon can get the physics engine even somewhat better it will take an already great, immersive game and propel it to one of the best games, ever. You go fast, you go slow, you have to be careful with your machine and most importantly you have to think and pay attention 100% or you might as well not even play.

The Shop

flatout111
8/21/2019 6:26am
Resolute, wait till you hit Stage 4 of Ruta. Probably the most epic and challenging offroad we've ever seen in a video game. All those long straightaways where you don't have to think and it gives you a break from navigation? Well, they are about to be gone my friend. A huge step up from the base game content.
8/21/2019 12:03pm
flatout111 wrote:
Resolute, wait till you hit Stage 4 of Ruta. Probably the most epic and challenging offroad we've ever seen in a video game. All those long...
Resolute, wait till you hit Stage 4 of Ruta. Probably the most epic and challenging offroad we've ever seen in a video game. All those long straightaways where you don't have to think and it gives you a break from navigation? Well, they are about to be gone my friend. A huge step up from the base game content.
Thanks for being such a champion for this game. It is indeed under rated.

I should have kept my footage of the second play-through of stage 1 where I got lost. I said screw it and headed for the mountains where I promptly got stuck and broke the transmission.
flatout111
8/21/2019 1:38pm
Thanks for being such a champion for this game. It is indeed under rated. I should have kept my footage of the second play-through of stage...
Thanks for being such a champion for this game. It is indeed under rated.

I should have kept my footage of the second play-through of stage 1 where I got lost. I said screw it and headed for the mountains where I promptly got stuck and broke the transmission.
Lol. Right on. yeah, that would have been cool to see. And again, it is things you do not see in any other dirt bike games but is very much grounded in reality in what could and does happen in such an endurance event. It really sets it apart from other dirt bike games. It's an adventure and you have to be super smart to even stay on track, much less win.

Good stuff, man.

Post a reply to: Dakar 18 The Game! (Edit: New free DLC. Best trails ever!)

The Latest