Just brought a rmz 450 2016

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2016 9:53 AM

Just some advice on bike never had a 4 stroke before

|

11/24/2016 9:57 AM

Just change the cam chain often. Rotella oil and good to go. Love suzukis however their parts are double what a yamaha are

|

11/24/2016 10:36 AM

coastlinecascot wrote:

Just change the cam chain often. Rotella oil and good to go. Love suzukis however their parts are double what a yamaha are

Thanks how often cam chain

|

11/24/2016 10:42 AM

Change it with the piston, 50-100 hours depending on how you ride.

|

11/24/2016 10:45 AM

"Just bought a 2016 RMZ 450"

Fixed it for you

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

11/24/2016 10:46 AM

If you track ride. I change the cam change every 25 hours or if it has been sitting 6 months. They tend to kink up causing them to lock

|

11/24/2016 11:31 AM

Rotaholic wrote:

Change it with the piston, 50-100 hours depending on how you ride.

Lol not hard at all usually ride 125 2 stroke

|

11/24/2016 12:06 PM

Bikes are like your GF/Wife, dont look after them they break down....give them regular love and attention and you can ride them forever smile

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

11/24/2016 12:11 PM

I would get a TM design chain guide first. The stock guides are made out of soft butter

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

11/24/2016 12:20 PM

I have a 2011 RMZ and I have only ever put one cam chain in it, and that was when I did a complete top end rebuild, I don't know what these guys are talking about I have never had or heard of cam chain issues.

|

11/24/2016 1:45 PM

Hope you don't want any cycra plastic.....

|

11/24/2016 1:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2016 1:58 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

If you track ride. I change the cam change every 25 hours or if it has been sitting 6 months. They tend to kink up causing them to lock

You're wasting your money.

The cam chain isn't all that expensive, but there is no need to do a cam chain or a piston at 25 hrs, unless you're racing the pro class or simply abuse your bike.
Piston/ cam chain every 50 hrs is probably a good dea, but I've seen them get 100 hrs on several freinds bikes.

|

11/24/2016 3:51 PM

Once the fork get too harsh, grease the 3 internal o-rings of the right fork piston.

|

11/24/2016 4:13 PM

I haven't had any issues with chain sliders. I did replace the chain guide at about 40 hours. Overall, no issues with the RM.

|

11/24/2016 4:39 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

langhammx wrote:

You're wasting your money.

The cam chain isn't all that expensive, but there is no need to do a cam chain or a piston at 25 hrs, unless you're racing the pro class or simply abuse your bike.
Piston/ cam chain every 50 hrs is probably a good dea, but I've seen them get 100 hrs on several freinds bikes.

I service bikes. They kink up pretty bad when run hard. I have some in my drawyer that will literally hold form when picked up. Also if they have been sitting for long the same thing. So each its own. I choose to live in peace when im coming up to a triple.

|

11/24/2016 5:44 PM

Learn how to adjust the air chambers in your forks and get the compression/rebound notes from various tests and shootouts. I recently put some laps on a '17 and knowing how to get the forks dialed really helped on my lap times.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/24/2016 7:00 PM

Check-mate!

|

11/25/2016 12:13 AM

Thanks people

|

11/25/2016 2:38 AM

BobPA wrote:

"Just bought a 2016 RMZ 450"

Fixed it for you

Still says "brought"...

|

11/25/2016 10:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2016 10:37 AM

baxbax26 wrote:

Put a 1.6 or 2.0 radiator cap on it. That's about the only thing you need! I run the stock offset on clamps. The air forks that come on it stock is my favorite airfork, but I run the spring fork because I think it works better. The best thing to do for your bike is to try and make it lighter. Ti shock spring, guts light seat foam, Fmf ti Exhuast system are some huge weight savings. Enjoy your ride! I love mine!

|

11/25/2016 10:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2016 10:49 AM

baxbax26 wrote:

Jimmy Albertson wrote:

Put a 1.6 or 2.0 radiator cap on it. That's about the only thing you need! I run the stock offset on clamps. The air forks that come on it stock is my favorite airfork, but I run the spring fork because I think it works better. The best thing to do for your bike is to try and make it lighter. Ti shock spring, guts light seat foam, Fmf ti Exhuast system are some huge weight savings. Enjoy your ride! I love mine!

do you run a diff linkage . i was thinking of getting a lowering link heard they are very good for the rm s, alway s feel my bike is high on the back end up running 110 to 115 sag . any imput on this would be great , if you have ever tryed them thanks a mill

|

11/25/2016 11:07 AM

baxbax26 wrote:

Jimmy Albertson wrote:

brimx153 wrote:

do you run a diff linkage . i was thinking of getting a lowering link heard they are very good for the rm s, alway s feel my bike is high on the back end up running 110 to 115 sag . any imput on this would be great , if you have ever tryed them thanks a mill

Running more sag is usually just a band aid for bad suspension valving. I run the stock link at 100-102 sag. Run the forks flush if you're not having trouble with turning and make sure you're running the axel blocks all the way back in the swing arm. It will do wonders for your rear end traction.

|

11/25/2016 11:27 AM

Jimmy Albertson wrote:

brimx153 wrote:

Jimmy Albertson wrote:

Running more sag is usually just a band aid for bad suspension valving. I run the stock link at 100-102 sag. Run the forks flush if you're not having trouble with turning and make sure you're running the axel blocks all the way back in the swing arm. It will do wonders for your rear end traction.

problem i am having is the front knifing going into corners , have to sit way back on the back on the bike to get it to turn well (i like riding over the front) .just feel as though there is too much weight on the front the whole time . i have put in heavier forks spring and it made a big difference . but it still turns better with more sag .which cause other problem s going over bumps . any idea s , would be greatly apreciacted , been strugling with it all year long . i actully have put the axel blocks back for this wk end so have to try that , and i always run the forks flush .still feels stink bug

|

11/25/2016 11:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/25/2016 11:49 AM

Try cutting your subframe, I know that helped for Kyle last season. Coming from the Yamaha being the bike I rode before Suzuki, it doesn't feel stink bug or front end heavy at all to me. The axel blocks will help out huge! Have fun this weekend riding.

|

11/25/2016 11:45 AM

Jimmy Albertson wrote:

Try cutting your subframe, I know that helped for Kyle last season. Coming from the Yamaha being the bike I rode before Suzuki, it doesn't feel stink bug or front end heavy at all to me. The axel blocks will help out huge! Have fun this weekend riding.

cool thanks for the advice

|

11/25/2016 12:15 PM

baxbax26 wrote:

Where?

|

11/25/2016 12:17 PM

kiwifan wrote:

Bikes are like your GF/Wife, dont look after them they break down....give them regular love and attention and you can ride them forever smile

Lol

|

11/25/2016 12:21 PM

Jimmy Albertson wrote:

Real wisdom #TopJimmy

|

11/25/2016 1:44 PM

God damn, Jimmy Albertson is the freaking coolest dude ever.

|

11/25/2016 1:55 PM

kmp1219 wrote:

God damn, Jimmy Albertson is the freaking coolest dude ever.

x2

|