Just a heads up on NBC Sports Gold

Arrowv
12/28/2019 8:11pm
devotid wrote:
To all the people looking for "the Promo Code". Someone came on here a week or so ago and "shared" a private promo code. THe code...
To all the people looking for "the Promo Code". Someone came on here a week or so ago and "shared" a private promo code. THe code was HOLIDAY. It worked for a day or so and then was turned off. I guess it was not supposed to be shared on here and they caught on quickly. I tried it and it didnt work.

I have searched for a week and I dont think there is any other codes. Its just going to cost 89.00 bucks now.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, man. I figured I was a day late and a dollar short.
12/28/2019 8:17pm
You guys are the lucky ones, but your not selling me on it again. I found out the AP doesnt work on my two smart tv...
You guys are the lucky ones, but your not selling me on it again. I found out the AP doesnt work on my two smart tv without a firestick and watching on my phone sucks, that is as far as a got before I quit working in it for the Motocross season.
Yikes..... #usererror
katooom
12/28/2019 8:57pm
Forget all the code nonsense. Get a Roku,hook it to the tv, pay the $90, watch the races. No drama.
12/28/2019 9:52pm
I had issues with it recently using my phone. Kept kicking me off and rebooting. Switched devices and problem went away. Flawless. My old Samsung must be running out of memory.

The Shop

Redrcr34
12/28/2019 10:27pm
I didn’t have auto renew turned on and I didn’t get the email for the half price promo code, I have since turned on the auto renew and and will be charged 89.99, I don’t think it’s that bad of a deal.
500guy
12/29/2019 6:48am
Redrcr34 wrote:
I didn’t have auto renew turned on and I didn’t get the email for the half price promo code, I have since turned on the auto...
I didn’t have auto renew turned on and I didn’t get the email for the half price promo code, I have since turned on the auto renew and and will be charged 89.99, I don’t think it’s that bad of a deal.
That's not what this thread is about.

There never was a Promo code email
PFitzG38
12/29/2019 7:22am
ocscottie wrote:
I am so confused on whats going on with my account, i got this in my "history" in my gold account: "NBC Sports Gold has granted...
I am so confused on whats going on with my account, i got this in my "history" in my gold account:

"NBC Sports Gold has granted you free access to Supercross Pass!"

This has been since 2018, and when i go to buy the combined package i get this, I dont know what to do.

That's what I got, and I hadn't paid a dime this year my card is expired I used last year. I can see all replays and the system says I'm good to go for another year. I expect they will discover their mistake right before a main gate drop.
12/29/2019 7:56am
It's funny, some dudes will pay $100 for just one night of UFC, but $90 for all of SX and MX is too much.
JM485
12/29/2019 11:48am
It's funny, some dudes will pay $100 for just one night of UFC, but $90 for all of SX and MX is too much.
Ya, some will, but not me because I’m on a tight budget currently. If they want to try to charge me another $100 I’m out.
12/29/2019 12:07pm
On my NBC Sports app on my phone, I can view all of 2019 seasons content. From my Firestick, the only replay it shows available is the 2020 Preview Show. None of the motocross content is available on the app, from the firestick either. I checked and my subscription is still active. Anyone know any remedies for this?
12/29/2019 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 12:17pm
On my NBC Sports app on my phone, I can view all of 2019 seasons content. From my Firestick, the only replay it shows available is...
On my NBC Sports app on my phone, I can view all of 2019 seasons content. From my Firestick, the only replay it shows available is the 2020 Preview Show. None of the motocross content is available on the app, from the firestick either. I checked and my subscription is still active. Anyone know any remedies for this?
I see all the motocross rounds. Im using apple tv. Check your filter and make sure motocross is checked
BigDaddyG
12/29/2019 6:29pm
What is the discount code? I am going to buy the full year.
slipdog
12/29/2019 6:41pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 6:42pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
What is the discount code? I am going to buy the full year.
There isn't one anymore. The one being used apparently wasn't supposed to be for the SX/MX package and when someone asked them about it they responded that there was no discount code and that's when the one being used stopped working for people. I was able to buy my package for $45 before the code was shut down.
cwtoyota
12/29/2019 7:05pm
It the worse service I have ever putchased.Its sad that you have to buy such a bad product to watch the races. I decided to either...
It the worse service I have ever putchased.Its sad that you have to buy such a bad product to watch the races. I decided to either go to the bar and watch or wait for the races on Youtube.
Can you expand on this?? Because it honestly sounds like a "you" problem... Perhaps something you should take up with your ISP; or the router/modem you...
Can you expand on this?? Because it honestly sounds like a "you" problem... Perhaps something you should take up with your ISP; or the router/modem you have in your home. Absolutely zero issues, zero complaints here. The only thing better than paying $85 last year for flawless streaming of every SX & MX race last season, was paying $45 this season for every SX & MX race this season!

I did get the email the OP referenced sent to the email address I used last season... but definitely not to my work email address, which is the one I used to sign up for the discounted $45 promo code this season
I may be able to expand a little, but not necessarily his specific issues...

I have had the gold pass for Motocross since it became avalable (three or four years now) and I bought the SX pass last year too. I plan to buy it again and have no complaints, in fact as a guy who doesn't own a TV or have any television service in my home I am quite happy with NBC Sports Gold. For the price it's a no-brainer and the quality is excellent on my end. The streaming is crystal clear, almost always comes through in HD and almost never hiccups or pauses to buffer. All on the basic internet package.

Probable issues:
I have brought my laptop computer to a few buddy's homes when they invited me to watch the race. We get together, bench race, BBQ, you guys know the deal.

Friend #1 lives two houses over, a long time friend on the same cable internet service provider with the same internet service plan (same up/down speeds) that I have. On his connection the service is occasionally notchy (buffering) and always looks a little lower quality than his digital cable feed. He lives on a cable node with three or four other neighbors. I seem to be on my own cable node and I think that's the difference.

Friend #2 lives in a more built up area, less rural /more suburbs. His connection is always in a less than HD video quality. He has all the bells and whistles on his digital cable, but his internet is a basic speed. Once and a while it buffers and the video pauses during that time. It's frustrating to watch on the gold app, so we just live with the commercials to get the higher quality at his place.

Long story short, I think you're barking up the right tree; I think the ISP, the internet plan you're paying for, and how many people are on your particular internet node all matter for a streaming service like this one.
12/30/2019 7:41am
On my NBC Sports app on my phone, I can view all of 2019 seasons content. From my Firestick, the only replay it shows available is...
I believe in another thread someone emailed NBC and it's some sort of issue with the new app. I can play them via my computer, however with my fire stick or the app on my iPad they are not viewable.

I've been plugging my laptop to my tv with hdmi to see them. Kind of a pain, but got to get that fix in prior to A1!!!!
12/30/2019 8:58am
You guys are the lucky ones, but your not selling me on it again. I found out the AP doesnt work on my two smart tv...
You guys are the lucky ones, but your not selling me on it again. I found out the AP doesnt work on my two smart tv without a firestick and watching on my phone sucks, that is as far as a got before I quit working in it for the Motocross season.
Yikes..... #usererror
“I believe in another thread someone emailed NBC and it's some sort of issue with the new app. I can play them via my computer, however with my fire stick or the app on my iPad they are not viewable. I've been plugging my laptop to my tv with hdmi to see them. Kind of a pain, but got to get that fix in prior to A1!”

#missingthedayswhenicouldsetmyvcrtoRecordtheracesat3amForfreeandnothavetobuyacrapproductfromaCompanywithcrapcustomerservice.

A fool and his money will soon part ways and NBC has enough of you fools convinced to buy their garbage.
SEE ARE125
12/30/2019 9:11am
Yikes..... #usererror
“I believe in another thread someone emailed NBC and it's some sort of issue with the new app. I can play them via my computer, however...
“I believe in another thread someone emailed NBC and it's some sort of issue with the new app. I can play them via my computer, however with my fire stick or the app on my iPad they are not viewable. I've been plugging my laptop to my tv with hdmi to see them. Kind of a pain, but got to get that fix in prior to A1!”

#missingthedayswhenicouldsetmyvcrtoRecordtheracesat3amForfreeandnothavetobuyacrapproductfromaCompanywithcrapcustomerservice.

A fool and his money will soon part ways and NBC has enough of you fools convinced to buy their garbage.
No one is stopping you from hooking up your VCR and recording the races.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/30/2019 9:17am
“I believe in another thread someone emailed NBC and it's some sort of issue with the new app. I can play them via my computer, however...

You know, you don't have to buy the app to watch the races and you can still record the races with a DVR for "free".

#MaybeStickToGolf
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
12/30/2019 9:23am

Search "my internet speed" in google and post your results.

I'm not a fool. It has worked flawless since day one on my end. It has worked flawless on the road too. I would stream it through my phone to bluetooth and listen while traveling to work.

Im guessing your internet has the download speed of 3G cell phone. So the problem would be on your end.
SEE ARE125
12/30/2019 9:25am

-MAVERICK- wrote:
You know, you don't have to buy the app to watch the races and you can still record the races with a DVR for "free".

#MaybeStickToGolf
I think using a DVR is asking too much. I mean you usually have to pay extra for a DVR, and then the races are recorded to some imaginary place and not on a good old VHS. DVR’s are a total scam. Laughing
aeffertz
12/30/2019 9:28am
If I can’t get ‘em on the damn rabbit ears then fuck you!!!
ocscottie
12/31/2019 8:51am
ocscottie wrote:
I am so confused on whats going on with my account, i got this in my "history" in my gold account: "NBC Sports Gold has granted...
I am so confused on whats going on with my account, i got this in my "history" in my gold account:

"NBC Sports Gold has granted you free access to Supercross Pass!"

This has been since 2018, and when i go to buy the combined package i get this, I dont know what to do.

PFitzG38 wrote:
That's what I got, and I hadn't paid a dime this year my card is expired I used last year. I can see all replays and...
That's what I got, and I hadn't paid a dime this year my card is expired I used last year. I can see all replays and the system says I'm good to go for another year. I expect they will discover their mistake right before a main gate drop.
I finally got charged last night, bummer i thought they were going to let it slide LOL
MXBREWSKI
12/31/2019 12:03pm
I just had to give up on the service during the beginning of the outdoor season due to bad service. I have a good feed, go through ROKU, and I always had to log back in every time that I viewed SX/MX, every time, with these damn codes they want you to input. The main problem was it would not log in for 20-60 minutes if at all every time. I was only able to watch about half the races live(and usually missed the first part of it due to login issues), and when I inquired about the issue with NBC they were no help at all. It was a great price/bargain for viewing all the races, but this major issue that I encountered just gave me a bad taste and I did not renew. Not sniveling just sharing my experience with it, and to all of you that have not had any problems.....kudo's and enjoy it.
12/31/2019 1:02pm
MXBREWSKI wrote:
I just had to give up on the service during the beginning of the outdoor season due to bad service. I have a good feed, go...
I just had to give up on the service during the beginning of the outdoor season due to bad service. I have a good feed, go through ROKU, and I always had to log back in every time that I viewed SX/MX, every time, with these damn codes they want you to input. The main problem was it would not log in for 20-60 minutes if at all every time. I was only able to watch about half the races live(and usually missed the first part of it due to login issues), and when I inquired about the issue with NBC they were no help at all. It was a great price/bargain for viewing all the races, but this major issue that I encountered just gave me a bad taste and I did not renew. Not sniveling just sharing my experience with it, and to all of you that have not had any problems.....kudo's and enjoy it.
Its your roku. I had the same problem until i went to an,apple tv. It also happens with my shit samsung phone.
MXBREWSKI
1/2/2020 6:20am
MXBREWSKI wrote:
I just had to give up on the service during the beginning of the outdoor season due to bad service. I have a good feed, go...
Its your roku. I had the same problem until i went to an,apple tv. It also happens with my shit samsung phone.
Thx for the info as I was considering giving up the roku and going with something else. That may sway me back to the service, but probably not this season.
rawdawgin
1/2/2020 7:45am
At least you guys got a courtesy email.
They hit my card the other day for 89.99 saying I renewed haha. I definitely didnt.
slipdog
1/2/2020 7:58am
rawdawgin wrote:
They hit my card the other day for 89.99 saying I renewed haha. I definitely didnt.
If you didn't manually turn off the auto-renew in your account settings then you did renew by default.
SEE ARE125
1/2/2020 8:58am
rawdawgin wrote:
I got my auto renewal notice on 11/30/19. Check your spam folder.
1/2/2020 11:05am
rawdawgin wrote:
Contact them by email. They will refund you right away.
1/2/2020 3:57pm
You can turned off auto renew. Thats what I did. Then went on today and purchased it today when i knew i had extra funds available. No issues.

Post a reply to: Just a heads up on NBC Sports Gold

The Latest