Just a heads up on NBC Sports Gold

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2019 1:10 PM

I know a lot of people used the discount code about a week ago to buy the streaming service (myself included), and they just sent me an email saying I needed to renew and pay again for the upcoming season. Checking the confirmation email I got from them right after my purchase, my access is good until the end of next season, so there’s no reason they should be sending this to me.

Moral of the story, they’re trying to scam you, don’t fall for it and pay twice.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



12/28/2019 1:18 PM

Here's the email I just received from them regarding their auto-renew email. I bought the 2020 package on 21 Dec 2019.


Thanks for contacting NBC Sports Team.

It looks like you bought the Supercross/Motocross Pass at a prorated amount of the end of the 2019 season.

You would need to repurchase at the full price on December 31st to receive next seasons pass.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,
Ashley
NBC Sports Support

|

12/28/2019 1:25 PM

pelted wrote:

Here's the email I just received from them regarding their auto-renew email. I bought the 2020 package on 21 Dec 2019.


Thanks for contacting NBC Sports Team.

It looks like you bought the Supercross/Motocross Pass at a prorated amount of the end of the 2019 season.

You would need to repurchase at the full price on December 31st to receive next seasons pass.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,
Ashley
NBC Sports Support

That’s bullshit, that’s not what they sold us at all, that’s an absolute lie and my confirmation email proves that.

“Your subscription runs through 12/26/20”


|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



12/28/2019 1:27 PM

Yeah, my confirmation says the same. Not sure what they are attempting.

|

12/28/2019 1:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2019 1:38 PM

|

12/28/2019 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2019 1:50 PM

Did you guys have Gold last year? I’m thinking this email is in reference to THAT Gold account and not the new one you created in order to use the promo code.

Is the email address where you received this email associated with the new Gold account, or an old one?

|

12/28/2019 1:51 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Did you guys have Gold last year? I’m thinking this email is in reference to THAT Gold account and not the new one you created in order to use the promo code.

Is the email address where you received this email associated with the new Gold account, or an old one?

Agreed, I got the email at the old address!

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2012 YZ125 2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/



12/28/2019 2:15 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Did you guys have Gold last year? I’m thinking this email is in reference to THAT Gold account and not the new one you created in order to use the promo code.

Is the email address where you received this email associated with the new Gold account, or an old one?

Nope, this was my first time signing up.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



12/28/2019 2:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2019 2:28 PM

You got it because the renewal is tied to the old Email address, not the new account you created for the discount.

Edit: Nevermind, I see this is your first time signing up. Hmmmm......is strange for sure

|

12/28/2019 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2019 2:26 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Did you guys have Gold last year? I’m thinking this email is in reference to THAT Gold account and not the new one you created in order to use the promo code.

Is the email address where you received this email associated with the new Gold account, or an old one?

JM485 wrote:

Nope, this was my first time signing up.

Gotcha, I figured it was just an automated email to previous subscribers reminding them to renew for the 2020 season. Odd.

|

12/28/2019 3:47 PM

My confirmation email said it expires 12/26/2020

I think the other email shouldn't apply. I guess we will see.

|

12/28/2019 4:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2019 4:17 PM

I did not receive this email. On my old account, I got an email today saying “your subscription is almost up. Turn on auto renew before you lose access!”

Nothing at the new email other than the confirmation email I got when I signed up.

|

12/28/2019 4:47 PM

It the worse service I have ever putchased.Its sad that you have to buy such a bad product to watch the races. I decided to either go to the bar and watch or wait for the races on Youtube.

|

12/28/2019 4:57 PM

I received the email on my main email address that I used last season as well as the one I used to sign up this season at the $44.99 half-off deal.

I'm guessing it was just a simple error and they blasted it to their entire database and not the correct segmented list fo actual expiring accounts. Probably just a simple mistake on their end...

|

12/28/2019 5:38 PM

I started another email to use the code. I never got a confirmation email, but I did just get the "renew" email. But I have been charged 44.99

We'll see what happens I guess.

|

12/28/2019 6:26 PM

oldslowgolfer wrote:

It the worse service I have ever putchased.Its sad that you have to buy such a bad product to watch the races. I decided to either go to the bar and watch or wait for the races on Youtube.

Can you expand on this?? Because it honestly sounds like a "you" problem... Perhaps something you should take up with your ISP; or the router/modem you have in your home. Absolutely zero issues, zero complaints here. The only thing better than paying $85 last year for flawless streaming of every SX & MX race last season, was paying $45 this season for every SX & MX race this season!

I did get the email the OP referenced sent to the email address I used last season... but definitely not to my work email address, which is the one I used to sign up for the discounted $45 promo code this season

|

12/28/2019 6:33 PM

What is the code for the half off?

|

12/28/2019 6:34 PM

Lots of technical issues. You guys seem to like to pay for a service then have to do a bunch of troubleshooting to make the service work. Or have to buy more hardware like a Firestick or Roku etc. I could only make it work on my Phone after several hours with Tech support. I have better things to do with my time and money.

If I buy it I want to hit a button and watch it, and not have to talk to friendly Tech support folks in India.

|

12/28/2019 6:38 PM

oldslowgolfer wrote:

Lots of technical issues. You guys seem to like to pay for a service then have to do a bunch of troubleshooting to make the service work. Or have to buy more hardware like a Firestick or Roku etc. I could only make it work on my Phone after several hours with Tech support. I have better things to do with my time and money.

If I buy it I want to hit a button and watch it, and not have to talk to friendly Tech support folks in India.

Huh??? I paid, then I watched.. that's it. Zero issues, zero tech support, 100% kick ass live / on demand coverage.

|

12/28/2019 7:01 PM

oldslowgolfer wrote:

Lots of technical issues. You guys seem to like to pay for a service then have to do a bunch of troubleshooting to make the service work. Or have to buy more hardware like a Firestick or Roku etc. I could only make it work on my Phone after several hours with Tech support. I have better things to do with my time and money.

If I buy it I want to hit a button and watch it, and not have to talk to friendly Tech support folks in India.

That's how it's always been for me. Click play. Watch.

|

12/28/2019 7:27 PM

oldslowgolfer wrote:

Lots of technical issues. You guys seem to like to pay for a service then have to do a bunch of troubleshooting to make the service work. Or have to buy more hardware like a Firestick or Roku etc. I could only make it work on my Phone after several hours with Tech support. I have better things to do with my time and money.

If I buy it I want to hit a button and watch it, and not have to talk to friendly Tech support folks in India.

aeffertz wrote:

That's how it's always been for me. Click play. Watch.

Same here. oldslowgolfer, like mentioned above, expand on your problem. “Lots of technical issues” is a pretty general statement. Be more specific and maybe someone can help.

|

12/28/2019 7:38 PM

You guys are the lucky ones, but your not selling me on it again. I found out the AP doesnt work on my two smart tv without a firestick and watching on my phone sucks, that is as far as a got before I quit working in it for the Motocross season.

|

12/28/2019 7:45 PM

If you have Apple TV you can run it through that.

|

12/28/2019 7:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2019 7:51 PM

oldslowgolfer wrote:

You guys are the lucky ones, but your not selling me on it again. I found out the AP doesnt work on my two smart tv without a firestick and watching on my phone sucks, that is as far as a got before I quit working in it for the Motocross season.

Ok, so it’s not a problem with NBC Gold itself, it’s a lack of availability/compatibility for the app on your equipment. You have a laptop? You could do the ole laptop with HDMI cord into the TV, no apps needed just watch in the web browser.

Gold isn’t needed, same thing plays on the NBC Sports channel if you have a tv package. Only thing is you might have to deal with races on a tape delay for a couple rounds, and you may miss some heats when baseball runs over into the SX timeslot.

|

12/28/2019 7:47 PM

I am also confused on the promo code. I haven’t received that email at all and I have had all the services

|

12/28/2019 7:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2019 7:54 PM

Those who received it, do you have auto-renew turned off? Those that haven’t, is auto-renew turned on? Maybe it got emailed to everyone who has auto-renew turned off. I have auto-renew on and haven’t received it. That’s the only other thing I can think of.

|

12/28/2019 7:55 PM

Can someone share the promo code please? No luck finding one online.

|

12/28/2019 8:04 PM

Arrowv wrote:

Can someone share the promo code please? No luck finding one online.

the promo code expired

|

12/28/2019 8:05 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Those who received it, do you have auto-renew turned off? Those that haven’t, is auto-renew turned on? Maybe it got emailed to everyone who has auto-renew turned off. I have auto-renew on and haven’t received it. That’s the only other thing I can think of.

I think you are right because I got the email and my auto renew is off.

|

12/28/2019 8:09 PM

To all the people looking for "the Promo Code". Someone came on here a week or so ago and "shared" a private promo code. THe code was HOLIDAY. It worked for a day or so and then was turned off. I guess it was not supposed to be shared on here and they caught on quickly. I tried it and it didnt work.

I have searched for a week and I dont think there is any other codes. Its just going to cost 89.00 bucks now.

Hope that helps.

|