Josh Hill summer comeback?

goonrider
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 10:06am
Any word on a possible return this summer?
I miss watching that kid ride.
|
ocscottie
6/15/2011 12:48am
Monday night on the PulpMX show i believe Kenny talked about him getting closer to being back on the bike?

*ya i know, a lot of help that was Blink
akmx17
6/15/2011 1:27am
I wouldn't expect to see Hill back racing on the track till 2012.
BugsBunny
6/15/2011 2:30am
Awesome rider!, can't wait to see him back in action!
BKiller
6/15/2011 5:26am
I'm glad to hear he has recovered from his injuries but he will never be a contender again. That ship has sailed...

The Shop

6/15/2011 6:12am
ocscottie wrote:
Monday night on the PulpMX show i believe Kenny talked about him getting closer to being back on the bike? *ya i know, a lot of...
Monday night on the PulpMX show i believe Kenny talked about him getting closer to being back on the bike?

I thought he has already been riding? Wasn't there a video of him? I can't remember for sure.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
6/15/2011 7:04am
BKiller wrote:
I'm glad to hear he has recovered from his injuries but he will never be a contender again. That ship has sailed...
That is a silly thing to say.

Haven't people around here learned not to count a rider out - when they don't actually know anything about the situation?
I guess not.

Look at Millsaps this year. People counted him out and said he was done when he lost his kidney, but he is contending for podiums right now.

And the same with Chad Reed. They said he was done, but look at him now. He is leading the motocross championship.

I can't wait for the day that Hill makes you eat your words.
MX Culture
6/15/2011 7:08am
BKiller wrote:
disbanded wrote:
That is a silly thing to say. Haven't people around here learned not to count a rider out - when they don't actually know anything about...
That is a silly thing to say.

Haven't people around here learned not to count a rider out - when they don't actually know anything about the situation?
I guess not.

Look at Millsaps this year. People counted him out and said he was done when he lost his kidney, but he is contending for podiums right now.

And the same with Chad Reed. They said he was done, but look at him now. He is leading the motocross championship.

I can't wait for the day that Hill makes you eat your words.
That guy will be the first guy to say, "yeah, I knew Hill could do it!"
Shawn142
6/15/2011 7:32am
ocscottie wrote:
Monday night on the PulpMX show i believe Kenny talked about him getting closer to being back on the bike? *ya i know, a lot of...

I thought he has already been riding? Wasn't there a video of him? I can't remember for sure.
Shortly after Hill signed with H&H he did some promo videos for them and interviews with Matthes. Steve said he could ride sections of the track (excluding whoops), but could barely walk. After that I'm sure he sat out and just tried to fully recover. I'm as out of the loop as anyone so I have no idea on his progress, but I wouldn't expect to see anything about him until pre-season SX testing.
nc_mx_kid
6/15/2011 8:54am
looking forward to cheeriN him onSmile
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3116th
6/15/2011 10:28am
I think Josh Hill wants himself and everyone to believe he'll be back to racing, but just from the vibe I pick up, that's a long shot. From interviews with him it seems more like he's trying to convince himself that he'll be back at some point.
jeffro503
6/15/2011 10:52am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2011 10:52am
BKiller wrote:
Plenty of riders over the years have stepped away from the sport for numerous reasons , for 1 , 1.5 and 2yrs at a time.....and came back stronger than they were before. Example : KW , CP , Hannah and quite a few more......it can be done.

Also.....about the "back on the bike" thing. A few months ago , someone posted some videos of him practicing on the H&H Kawi.......maybe he was having some issues health wise? Not sure.

Either way.......with him being one of our local kids.....I sure wish we get to see him out there doing it again on a competitive level.
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
6/15/2011 12:00pm
Just listen to the Pulpmx Show from Monday Kenny explains where Josh is at
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/15/2011 12:28pm
I think Hills be problem will be finding a a team who would take a chance on him. I think the only contract he would be able to sign would be one that is a performance only with no salary.
Sondy132001
6/15/2011 12:38pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I think Hills be problem will be finding a a team who would take a chance on him. I think the only contract he would be...
I think Hills be problem will be finding a a team who would take a chance on him. I think the only contract he would be able to sign would be one that is a performance only with no salary.
"I think the only contract he would be able to sign would be one that is a performance only with no salary."

That's the same as his last contract.

S
akmx17
6/15/2011 12:45pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I think Hills be problem will be finding a a team who would take a chance on him. I think the only contract he would be...
Hill is already on H & H for his return.
No problem there.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/15/2011 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2011 12:50pm
akmx17 wrote:
No problem there.
Is this the last year of his contract or does he have one more? I cant remember if he has been out for just one year or is it going on two? I know they said they would stand behind him until he comes back.
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
6/15/2011 1:19pm
akmx17 wrote:
No problem there.
lostboy819 wrote:
Is this the last year of his contract or does he have one more? I cant remember if he has been out for just one year...
Is this the last year of his contract or does he have one more? I cant remember if he has been out for just one year or is it going on two? I know they said they would stand behind him until he comes back.
He broke his leg last year just before the X games
ocscottie
6/15/2011 1:40pm
He broke his leg last year just before the X games
and just for the record, it is much more than a broke leg, its a pretty long laundry list of injuries that include a shattered right femur, broken pelvis, shattered right humerus, and that gnarly compartment syndrome in the left leg that i believe he is still needing more surgery to repair. Really scary how they had to leave his leg cut wide open to try and heal and fight the infection.

Josh is such a good dude, i really hope and pray he can put this all behind him and get back on the track.
Get well Josh and come back swinging!!!
akmx17
6/15/2011 1:47pm
akmx17 wrote:
No problem there.
lostboy819 wrote:
Is this the last year of his contract or does he have one more? I cant remember if he has been out for just one year...
Josh signed a two year deal.
This year was year number one.
DownSouth
6/15/2011 2:04pm
akmx17 wrote:
Josh signed a two year deal.
This year was year number one.
But according to Kenny there is a certain date in the contract that Hill has to be able to ride by in order for year 2 to continue. Hill is reportedly still having issues with surgeries for pressure sores/infections in the foot of the compartment syndrome leg. H&H like him and may give him more time past the contractual date but if the issues continue they may have to move on. I hope that Josh finally gets past all this soon and gets back to normal.
burnside
6/16/2011 1:50am
Rewindcaz wrote:
I think Josh Hill wants himself and everyone to believe he'll be back to racing, but just from the vibe I pick up, that's a long...
I think Josh Hill wants himself and everyone to believe he'll be back to racing, but just from the vibe I pick up, that's a long shot. From interviews with him it seems more like he's trying to convince himself that he'll be back at some point.
Thats the feeling I got too. Hope we're both wrong though eh.

Post a reply to: Josh Hill summer comeback?

The Latest