Josh Hill on his 250f contract and how bad that Yamaha was.....

He talks of telling Yamaha he will walk if they don't let him ride 450 instead. He mentions he was on ''stupid money''.....

What are we talking here? the interviewer quotes ''millions''. Is this true????

https://youtu.be/l_4Bvig_E1s
|
volcati
1/8/2020 10:31am
I remember being at a track in Oregon and watching Josh clear this step-up triple that was only supposed to be a double on his ...YZ or KX80? Either the kid was racing the Pro's that day. He had serious talent. Bet he's happy he met J-Law.
1/8/2020 1:19pm
I thought it strange that he thought the YZ250F was so bad when J Law didn't seem to have a problem with it in 2007 or 2008 (at least I never heard anything public). Even in his comeback attempt he rode/chose basically the same bike for his own team.

Was the Yamaha of Troy YZ250F J Law rode that much better or different than the Factory Yamaha Josh Hill was on?
sandtrack315
1/8/2020 1:32pm
I thought it strange that he thought the YZ250F was so bad when J Law didn't seem to have a problem with it in 2007 or...
I thought it strange that he thought the YZ250F was so bad when J Law didn't seem to have a problem with it in 2007 or 2008 (at least I never heard anything public). Even in his comeback attempt he rode/chose basically the same bike for his own team.

Was the Yamaha of Troy YZ250F J Law rode that much better or different than the Factory Yamaha Josh Hill was on?
Yes. Factory Yamaha didn’t really have a 250F program. That bike was not great at all.
BroFoSho
1/8/2020 2:52pm
Also, Josh Hill was a pretty big dude for a 250F

The Shop

Tracktor
1/8/2020 3:11pm
volcati wrote:
I remember being at a track in Oregon and watching Josh clear this step-up triple that was only supposed to be a double on his ...YZ...
I remember being at a track in Oregon and watching Josh clear this step-up triple that was only supposed to be a double on his ...YZ or KX80? Either the kid was racing the Pro's that day. He had serious talent. Bet he's happy he met J-Law.
Albany & that he was hitting the roller before the old Buddy Jump on his YZ85. ONly a couple guys even did it on big bikes...........
Cody24
Fantasy
2702nd
1/8/2020 5:16pm
volcati wrote:
I remember being at a track in Oregon and watching Josh clear this step-up triple that was only supposed to be a double on his ...YZ...
Tracktor wrote:
Albany & that he was hitting the roller before the old Buddy Jump on his YZ85. ONly a couple guys even did it on big bikes...........
The gap! Thing was huuuuugggeeee.
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
1/8/2020 5:50pm
I thought it strange that he thought the YZ250F was so bad when J Law didn't seem to have a problem with it in 2007 or...

J Law had a lot of problems with the bike too especially during the nationals. Blew it up a few times during races before he got suspended.
yz25
1/8/2020 7:31pm
Good interview!

Touched on some very important issues. Didn’t shy away from past or throw shade on anyone. Much respect.
just James
1/9/2020 3:49am
volcati wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
I used to race the slow old geezer class at Albany back when Josh was on that YZ85. I always marveled at his speed. It was easy to see that he was something special on a bike.
CivBars
1/9/2020 8:48am
coastie44 wrote:
Reed did ok on the POS YZ250f
Reed was on a Yamaha of Troy steel frame 250f that was proven and developed by a lot of guys before him like Ernesto Fonseca. That was in 2002. In 2006 Josh Hill was on a Factory Yamaha the first year it had an aluminum frame and they hadn't had a 125/ 250f program for a while as YOT was their official effort.
1/9/2020 9:03am

I’m not 100% sure in 2007 (still YOT?) but in 2008 his 250F’s were E10 mods built bikes. They were rippers!

Ghost
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
1/9/2020 9:57am
from about 2004 to about 2010 everyone BUT Pro circuit were behind in motor development. Kawasaki was smart and brought engine builders from their road racing department while everyone was still figuring things out. everyone was a few hp down.

not that the engine was bad, its design was solid and lasted from 01 to 2013 and by the end Star racing was building a good competitive engine, but PC jumped ahead of everyone for those first 5 years
gt80rider
1/9/2020 12:40pm
Josh just might be faster right now, than he has ever been, and has a lot better head on his shoulders..... geeezus, somebody give that guy a ride! His times down under were Fastttttt!
xrmark
1/9/2020 12:44pm
gt80rider wrote:
Josh just might be faster right now, than he has ever been, and has a lot better head on his shoulders..... geeezus, somebody give that guy...
Josh just might be faster right now, than he has ever been, and has a lot better head on his shoulders..... geeezus, somebody give that guy a ride! His times down under were Fastttttt!
Can I get some of the weed you’re smoking?
BrianMnMoto
1/9/2020 12:56pm
Both the YOT and YMUS engines were decent. Not like PC fire breathers, but they could hang. I worked there during this timeframe. Frenchy (Luke) built the engines in 2005-2006 and then went to factory Yamaha for their 250 program. So in 2007-2008 we were running some of his components / settings from 05-06 and some of our own. Dasa was doing the head griding while we spec'd our components. The main difference between YOT and YMUS was we tried and ran a few carb variations, including some taper bores. YMUS had a lot more exotic components like clamps, linkages, magnesium bits etc..

Also, Jlaw did not regularly blow engines as someone eluded to. Maybe 2 motos that come to mind? The guy who I saw blow an engine the worst was none other than Mike Brown in his 3rd, maybe 4th stint with the team???? The con rod let go while he was wide open and sawed a hole through the bottom of the cases. There wasn't much to be saved from that engine.
MikeJones
1/9/2020 1:10pm
gt80rider wrote:
Josh just might be faster right now, than he has ever been, and has a lot better head on his shoulders..... geeezus, somebody give that guy...
xrmark wrote:
Not sure he’s faster than ever.. but would venture to say that he’s the fastest he’s been since he crashed trying to flip. Dude’s hauling the mail lately.
1/9/2020 1:31pm
gt80rider wrote:
He has a ride. Check his insta. He's back on a 250f.

Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram

250 day 2. 📹 @mikevizerphoto

Een bericht gedeeld door Josh Hill (@joshill75) op 30 Dec 2019 om 5:17 (PST)

haydug391
1/9/2020 1:35pm
Who’s more stoned in that interview? Josh or the hipster asking questions
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
1/9/2020 2:56pm
gt80rider wrote:
xrmark wrote:
MikeJones wrote:
Not sure he’s faster than ever.. but would venture to say that he’s the fastest he’s been since he crashed trying to flip. Dude’s hauling the...
Not sure he’s faster than ever.. but would venture to say that he’s the fastest he’s been since he crashed trying to flip. Dude’s hauling the mail lately.
Clout had him covered for speed in Australia on the same bike. If you use Luke as a form line you can expect Hill to be roughly 10-15 speedwise on the west coast but with less fitness.

Bu thats why they run the races i guess. Is he planning to race? Or is the 250 just for the instabangers?
1/10/2020 12:06am
Reed got his ass kicked by Stewart on a 2002 KX125. Not a great bike at all
APLMAN99
1/10/2020 5:47am
Reed got his ass kicked by Stewart on a 2002 KX125. Not a great bike at all
Everyone got their ass kicked by Stewart on a 2002 KX125, so there were no other good bikes that year, obviously......

😉
gt80rider
1/10/2020 6:22am
xrmark wrote:
Absolutely!!! But.... just look at his lap times from down under and you won't need what I'm smoken ...
Motox627!
1/10/2020 7:07am
volcati wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
Was that the same jump before the finish line jump? I remember back in either 98 or 99 when they had the 4-stroke nationals there and Metzger and one of the Huffmans put on a "jump show". They were cutting the corner before finish line section and sending it. This was right around when freestyle started to gain some traction. I think Metz won the contest that day with a heel clicker lol.

Post a reply to: Josh Hill on his 250f contract and how bad that Yamaha was.....

The Latest