|
Cashmore
5/12/2017 10:33pm
Tmz... yep that is what this place has become
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
5/12/2017 10:34pm
Being that Hill's bosses were at the after party, they probably wouldn't be too pumped on someone showing up and drinking on their dime that rips on them (jokingly or not). So what do you do if you're Hill? let Mathes in and get in trouble by your bosses, or not let him in and get roasted on the Internet.

Steve doesn't even seem to care. His fans are making it out to be a bigger deal.

Was he invited to the RedBull/Dungey party?

The Shop

kong0036
5/12/2017 10:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2017 10:37pm
I think both sides aren't really that bothered by it,
Crush
5/13/2017 12:26am
So they're doubling down on being d-bags about it.
5/13/2017 1:39am
Why doesn't josh hill just say "yeah i had too much too drink and i thought i was too cool, my bad".
Jrewing
5/13/2017 1:44am
Is Hill the guy that threw away a championship? How'd he do it exactly
Plugga
5/13/2017 1:48am
Cashmore wrote:
No shit!

Non Moto. Seriously its dribble.

Send it down the shitter.
5/13/2017 2:19am
If i was steve i'd tell josh to get f&@#ed next time he wants to come on the show.

Seems like people in the moto industry are thin skinned.

Crush
5/13/2017 2:22am
Cashmore wrote:
Plugga wrote:
No shit!

Non Moto. Seriously its dribble.

Send it down the shitter.
I dunno... The premiere journalist in the sport being barred from the sport's biggest sponsor event?
Acidreamer
5/13/2017 2:38am
Matthes and his minions are annoying as shit. Sure the inside scoop on things is nice but everyone treats him like a god. Glad josh did this.
block75
5/13/2017 2:51am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2017 2:53am
If i was steve i'd tell josh to get f&@#ed next time he wants to come on the show. Seems like people in the moto industry...
If i was steve i'd tell josh to get f&@#ed next time he wants to come on the show.

Seems like people in the moto industry are thin skinned.

It seems as though josh thinks he runs the show, he should have gone to see his bosses and asked them what they thought not take it upon himself to throw people out, he is only an athlete manager not an important person there and he probably only got the gig from his mate dirt shart anyway. How many people in that party would hill have bagged out throughout his moto career? I'll bet he didn't think of that
skidmarkz
5/13/2017 2:53am
Wasn't hill part of that really $hitty show that dirt shart put together called "Hot Lap"? Matthes shouldn't feel too bad about not getting to hang with douche nuggets of that caliber (although I'll never understand why McGrath and Langston got lassoed into it). Matthes' assessment of monster's marketing prowess is spot on. hill's apparently butthurt over it. I agree with the post above, turn about is fair play next time josh wants to promote anything. As Matthes would say; "Beat it!"

Found it, man is that painfully bad;

https://youtu.be/-crZDVv8jVc
THEOUTSIDER
5/13/2017 3:24am
Josh, Matthes has a show to run and promote. And he has nothing personal against Monster. Just does not understand with all of your access why you and Monster don't take advantage of it and get deep into riders, behind the scenes etc. The stuff fans really want to see vs Dirt Skank videos.

Sounds to me like Josh and whomever took Matthes comments way too seriously and got their feelings hurt.
Bearuno
5/13/2017 4:03am
Crush wrote:
I dunno... The premiere journalist in the sport being barred from the sport's biggest sponsor event?
"Premier Journalist"?

Seriously, I think Steve himself would laugh at that. He knows he's not a Journalist. But, what he does, he does pretty bloody well.

Look to someone like Adam Wheeler for the highest level of our sports reportage, or any one of the other (and yes, he does have Matthes doing writing for him) journalists he has working with him on On Track Off Road.Then there's any number of other Brit and Euro reporters out there.

There's a fellow that posts here that is a formidable writer - I followed his journey through the US Nationals a few years ago, and anything I've ever come across of his has been brilliant.

Eric Johnson(sp?) has been a big loss to Motorcycle Journalism (though, I don't think he ever really plied a trade as a MC Journalist?), with him long being in the Promotional and Marketing side. Every now and then he puts something out that's not of a corporate (and I'm not using that in a pejorative sense) nature, and it's inevitably well written.

I listen to Matthes' stuff, am often surprised at his depth of knowledge, but just as much stunned at his lack of knowledge - swings and roundabouts I guess. But, I'm not at all surprised by him being denied entry to a Monster do. He's not at all a 'friend' to them - but hell, on my part, good on him. They've got their tentacles deep into Motorcycling, for very little. When I go to the Isle Of Man TT, and see the green claw 'ownership' of such a magnificent, important event, I really think things have gone to Hell in a Handbag. It is so out of place there - leave that to SX, and MX, if we must have their money.
aeffertz
5/13/2017 4:08am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2017 4:09am
mxdude105 wrote:
What did Matthes do/say?
Said the doonies videos are crap and can't figure out how Dirt Shark keeps rehashing the same idea over and over but never seem to improve it.

Made a joke about them all sitting around a table with a mountain coke in the middle trying to think of ideas for the next video.

Why did they have Josh working as the door man? That's kinda weak...
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
5/13/2017 4:15am
Funny how josh was happy to go on the show and promote himself riding the electric bike

He had done the mounds of Coke line
Before that show as well
Crush
5/13/2017 4:52am
Bearuno wrote:
"Premier Journalist"? Seriously, I think Steve [i]himself [/i] would laugh at that. He knows he's not a Journalist. But, what he does, he does pretty bloody...
"Premier Journalist"?

Seriously, I think Steve himself would laugh at that. He knows he's not a Journalist. But, what he does, he does pretty bloody well.

Look to someone like Adam Wheeler for the highest level of our sports reportage, or any one of the other (and yes, he does have Matthes doing writing for him) journalists he has working with him on On Track Off Road.Then there's any number of other Brit and Euro reporters out there.

There's a fellow that posts here that is a formidable writer - I followed his journey through the US Nationals a few years ago, and anything I've ever come across of his has been brilliant.

Eric Johnson(sp?) has been a big loss to Motorcycle Journalism (though, I don't think he ever really plied a trade as a MC Journalist?), with him long being in the Promotional and Marketing side. Every now and then he puts something out that's not of a corporate (and I'm not using that in a pejorative sense) nature, and it's inevitably well written.

I listen to Matthes' stuff, am often surprised at his depth of knowledge, but just as much stunned at his lack of knowledge - swings and roundabouts I guess. But, I'm not at all surprised by him being denied entry to a Monster do. He's not at all a 'friend' to them - but hell, on my part, good on him. They've got their tentacles deep into Motorcycling, for very little. When I go to the Isle Of Man TT, and see the green claw 'ownership' of such a magnificent, important event, I really think things have gone to Hell in a Handbag. It is so out of place there - leave that to SX, and MX, if we must have their money.
Mreh, call him what you want, i'd bet he gets more numbers on articles and obviously there is no contest for audivisual content. He's 100% the loudest voice of any one of the guys taking notes at the races.
jemcee
5/13/2017 4:58am
Well for starters I'm with Matthes on his opinion of Monster, but to be honest I can see where Hill is coming from, if ya gonna repeatedly, publicly shit can a product you shouldn't be too surprised when your not welcomed into a party they're throwing..
What I don't understand is why Matthes thought he would be haha
bobby397
5/13/2017 4:59am
aeffertz wrote:
Said the doonies videos are crap and can't figure out how Dirt Shark keeps rehashing the same idea over and over but never seem to improve...
Said the doonies videos are crap and can't figure out how Dirt Shark keeps rehashing the same idea over and over but never seem to improve it.

Made a joke about them all sitting around a table with a mountain coke in the middle trying to think of ideas for the next video.

Why did they have Josh working as the door man? That's kinda weak...
Funny and probably true.
bobby397
5/13/2017 5:02am
Jrewing wrote:
Is Hill the guy that threw away a championship? How'd he do it exactly
Yea, his career at monster will probably be shorter than his pro career was
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
5/13/2017 5:02am
I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

He must have known that he might be asked to leave when he walked up.
Crush
5/13/2017 5:28am
jemcee wrote:
Well for starters I'm with Matthes on his opinion of Monster, but to be honest I can see where Hill is coming from, if ya gonna...
Well for starters I'm with Matthes on his opinion of Monster, but to be honest I can see where Hill is coming from, if ya gonna repeatedly, publicly shit can a product you shouldn't be too surprised when your not welcomed into a party they're throwing..
What I don't understand is why Matthes thought he would be haha
I don't even think he cares about it...

It's more the thing of how they've obviously not listened themselves, because obviously it's a joke, AND A FUNNY ONE, btw, key component... and all the instagram comments in the world aren't gonna be as loud as whatever Matthes chooses to put out there... Which, I think he just said what happened, no need to carry on about it haha, self explanatory!
mx196
Fantasy
4082nd
5/13/2017 5:59am
It's because Matthes doesn't party in Temecula.

Post a reply to: Josh Hill on Matthes getting kicked out

The Latest