Josh Hill next year............

P
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:17pm
Can you say Honda.............

P
|
shaner708
1/24/2010 1:02am
Would be a good pick up for them, maybe not so great for Hill. I think Brooks has been a huge contributor to his success. I wouldn't mind him staying another year, yet I'd like to see him outdoors. All in all I'm happy for him either way
1/24/2010 1:03am
Will ruin his career?
Nothing good from that team since RC left.
He should just stay where he's at. IMO
P
1/24/2010 1:04am
brakkeman_ wrote:
Will ruin his career?
Nothing good from that team since RC left.
He should just stay where he's at. IMO
Money talks..........

P
MX Culture
1/24/2010 1:05am
Hill is on it, yes.
but let's see how his consistency is first.
DD

The Shop

P
1/24/2010 1:07am
MX Culture wrote:
Hill is on it, yes.
DD
The way he has been riding he might already be signed.ShockedWink

P
M-M
1/24/2010 1:08am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:18pm
Can't see him being at L&M if he's going to be a title contender.
f4ctry
1/24/2010 1:35am
We are 3 races into the year and your already talking about silly season for next year....
andymoto
1/24/2010 1:53am
Think from the Motoworld.com Matthes show, Hill said he liked the SX only plan he's on beside Xgames and think Euro SXs..

Consistency has been his problem, but seems like he's much more confident and mature Josh Hill with LB mentoring him.

I just hope he keeps up what he's doing so far and stays healthy; still long ways left.
Stephon
1/24/2010 6:43am
MX Culture wrote:
Hill is on it, yes.
DD
P wrote:

P
Nah, I doubt he's signed anywhere. Too soon. I say he's still in the "Getting back on the radar" mode.
R-acer
1/24/2010 6:59am
P wrote:

P
God, hope not.
P
1/24/2010 12:40pm
MX Culture wrote:
Hill is on it, yes.
DD
P wrote:

P
Stephon wrote:
Nah, I doubt he's signed anywhere. Too soon. I say he's still in the "Getting back on the radar" mode.
I was just kidding, but it won't be long before teams come a knocking.

P
Looped Out
1/24/2010 1:01pm
It's called "The Bandwagon". Team's work just like fan's do. When they start doing good, people start paying attention to them. There are times when a rider is left out in the cold, over looked by every team out there and a team picks him up and puts hours, days and months of hard work in to his riding and work ethic, and the rider start riding to their potential.

When the rider starts doing good and getting results, he comes back on the radar of all the team's and everyone starts romancing them.

Sometimes the rider remembers who and what got them to the top, but there are other times they just forget how or who turned their career around and they sign a contract with another team.

It's just how it works in the industry. You can't blame the riders, their only human.

Yes, Josh Hill has turned his career around and is in 2nd in the Supercross Championship so let's just see if he chooses to stay with the team that helped him turn everything around or move on. Time will tell.
1/27/2010 2:20pm
Next year is not important for Josh Hill. What is important is SF SX. After that the important thing will be San Diego, then A3, and so on. Next year will be important on Monday after Veags SX. Stay healthy, ride well, and the rest will handle itself.
500guy
1/27/2010 2:26pm
After showing James a wheel last week.

Team Yamaha might need to get their Semi back and run their own race program again.

Only room for one top dog on Jame's team
roguemx
1/27/2010 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2010 2:41pm
Maybe a JGR offer? Keep Hill on a Yamaha but with a full schedule. I wonder how long James will put up with his "wingman" putting a wheel in on him. I know James is hurt and I don't consider any rider a wingman, just sayin', will the supposed Reed - Villopoto head knocking turn into Stewart - Hill?
Rasta88
1/27/2010 2:47pm
500guy wrote:
After showing James a wheel last week. Team Yamaha might need to get their Semi back and run their own race program again. Only room for...

Team Yamaha might need to get their Semi back and run their own race program again.

hell, id sure like to see them both stay and work "together" as lots of people said rv and cr would do...
Cook441
1/27/2010 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2010 2:55pm
The job market is tuff everywhere even for the 450 top spots- All I is know is I would take Hill's prospects over say Davi's (Davi's pulling down a big salary but not in a position to negotiate for future- Hill prolly not pulling a big salary but if keeps it up will be able to negotiate more money for future-)- just think of 450 spots available that pay well and candidates for 2010- not many spots and youve got Hill, Saps, Pourcel, anyone else? I don't imagine LB's team pays well for the supporting ride- prolly good equipment acess to good tracks etc- but If I remember right someone was interviewing James about Ferry riding for his team and he said something like I don't think Red Dog would ride for the money we are offering or something to that effect- Now Ferry's good but when was the last time he raced for the lead let alone passed James Stewart (injured or not)- I am sure Hill is happy with the equipment etc- but $$$ talks when your damn near winning races and a close second in the points standings.
TeamGreen
1/27/2010 2:55pm
P wrote:

P
Stays where he's at on a NEW -2- yr deal or as a LEAD RIDER somewhere-else.

Now, Honda's Team stays at "Honda" next-year?

Stewie stays at the Bingo Hall?

U have a SICK SILLY season comin'!

My guess? Suzuki will be the LAST True Factory Team...and that is still via Yoshimura.

Kawi? Goes to P.C.?

Honda? Goes to?

KTM? Goes to?
RMZ819
1/27/2010 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:24pm
roguemx wrote:
Maybe a JGR offer? Keep Hill on a Yamaha but with a full schedule. I wonder how long James will put up with his "wingman" putting...
Maybe a JGR offer? Keep Hill on a Yamaha but with a full schedule. I wonder how long James will put up with his "wingman" putting a wheel in on him. I know James is hurt and I don't consider any rider a wingman, just sayin', will the supposed Reed - Villopoto head knocking turn into Stewart - Hill?
Hill to JGR sounds good.

As far as Stewart/ Hill goes, If and when Stewart gets healthy Hill will go from contender to in the way. Make no mistake about it, Hill is the wingman on that team until the day he leaves that team. Kawi is all about the TEAM, L&M is all about James Stewart.
leighracer
1/27/2010 3:45pm
I have it on good authority that...

none of you guys know what you're talking about!!! 3 pages MAX!
roguemx
1/27/2010 4:23pm
leighracer wrote:
I have it on good authority that...

none of you guys know what you're talking about!!! 3 pages MAX!
I'm not claiming to be all knowing. Just purely thinking about what ifs.
1/27/2010 4:51pm
He should go immediately to Honda. Why would anyone want to be on a team with Jame's? James will get all the money, all the attention and all the good factory parts.
Oh, and what if Team Honda doesn't exist next year?
Wolfman
1/27/2010 5:11pm
Looped Out wrote:
It's called "The Bandwagon". Team's work just like fan's do. When they start doing good, people start paying attention to them. There are times when a...
It's called "The Bandwagon". Team's work just like fan's do. When they start doing good, people start paying attention to them. There are times when a rider is left out in the cold, over looked by every team out there and a team picks him up and puts hours, days and months of hard work in to his riding and work ethic, and the rider start riding to their potential.

When the rider starts doing good and getting results, he comes back on the radar of all the team's and everyone starts romancing them.

Sometimes the rider remembers who and what got them to the top, but there are other times they just forget how or who turned their career around and they sign a contract with another team.

It's just how it works in the industry. You can't blame the riders, their only human.

Yes, Josh Hill has turned his career around and is in 2nd in the Supercross Championship so let's just see if he chooses to stay with the team that helped him turn everything around or move on. Time will tell.
Thanks for the insight, Larry.
DanDunes818
1/27/2010 5:31pm
I'd say he should stay where he is if it wasn't for the fact that LB won't take the guys outdoors. I'm personally pissed that he's with them this year , At least with Chisolm LB wasn't taking another top guy off the gate for outdoors. I sure hope JH has an option in his contract where if he can sign with a different team to ride outdoors he can. I think he'll probably end up at Honda though since both there guys are at the end of their contracts. I know one of them that won't get resigned for sure. DM may be in his last year of being payed a salary by any team if he doesn't step it up real quick like..
Cook441
1/27/2010 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:24pm
Maybe Jlaw will hire hi next year if he can afford him. I'll say it again- I don't think he's making a ton on salary prolly was having a difficult time getting a ride with last year and the economy- L&M offered good equipment and good tracks (ride with James etc) and a chance to prove himself to the racing community thats he's a force and deserves a second chance at a big paycheck-

I wish someone had the link to that interview of James this summer where he talks about how little $ they would be offering for a 450 ride- he talks about where the sport is headed and how guys like Reed still don't have a ride and how he isn't racing for free outdoors etc-He talks about the open position on the team and says he doesnt think Ferry would ride for the little amount being offered (after someone recommends Ferry)- Good insight as to why Hills so hungry and why he would enertain offers from others... if said rumor is true
andymoto
1/27/2010 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:24pm
James I would think had some input in Josh being on the team and seriously, how many options did Josh have anyone? Majority seemed to have him with no ride during this past silly season.

Think under LBs tutorage, a reigning SX champ to practice with and some of the best equipment, Josh knows this is a big opportunity to regain his name in the SX series and will do his best to take advantage of it.

Josh is in the best overall series position so far he ever has thanks to L&M. He knows it's still early in the season and he has to keep working hard, continue getting good starts and finishes to stay in the hunt for the SX series title or a podium overall.

Stewart also earned everything by being SX champ 2 of past 3 seasons and deserves everything he gets until he's dethroned. Every rider should know it.

Continued success JH75!
Casemark
1/27/2010 7:07pm
500guy wrote:
After showing James a wheel last week. Team Yamaha might need to get their Semi back and run their own race program again. Only room for...

Why would they do that? Team Yamaha had Josh Hill for 4 or 5 years, brought him in as an up and coming star and proceeded to ruin his confidence and put him in a rut where he started partying to forget about what was going on around him.

Now that Hill is on a private effort, he is riding to his full potential.

Can you not see that? You would have to be stupid to send him back from were he came.
DJ KC
Fantasy
452nd
1/27/2010 7:33pm
From my understanding when Larry hired Josh to the team, he wasn't being paid a salary and paid on performance only. So he is racing for a paycheck.
CASH476
1/27/2010 7:41pm
500guy wrote:

Casemark wrote:
Why would they do that? Team Yamaha had Josh Hill for 4 or 5 years, brought him in as an up and coming star and proceeded...
Why would they do that? Team Yamaha had Josh Hill for 4 or 5 years, brought him in as an up and coming star and proceeded to ruin his confidence and put him in a rut where he started partying to forget about what was going on around him.

Now that Hill is on a private effort, he is riding to his full potential.

Can you not see that? You would have to be stupid to send him back from were he came.
Yeah, getting on the podium in 450SX must have really crushed his confidence. I would have needed to turn to the drink after that.
phlewy
1/27/2010 7:57pm
P wrote:

P
Josh Hill? Josh Hill??

This kids a whack job from way back. On 60's he was fantastic, head on straight, fly's right. On 80's... he's the next big thing... On 125's... drugs kick in, eff's the parents, begins the long road down. Too bad for Josh and his folks. He's a dollar late and a day short.

Started hanging with Jlaw, like that was a great career move. Josh is a 2 minute wonder. Sad really. His parents are the toast of the town in South Washington, or used to be, and now Yamhill because JOSH got a rep in south wa. (if you get my meaning). Josh Eff'd his parents and then Eff;d his grandpaw who bankrolled the whole dealio... His mom is a peach. Josh??? forget about it! Look for the younger to over take the older effed-up-one (er... that would be josh)!

Post a reply to: Josh Hill next year............

The Latest