Josh Hill next year ?

KiKi-Matthew
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:28pm
Does anyone know who he's riding for next year?
or any other info on him?
I'm really hoping he can continue where he left off before he got hurt.
Matthew
|
ns503
9/9/2010 6:41am
Man, me too. Really want to see Hill recover from this and see him back out there, guy's a good dude.
SMITH201
9/9/2010 6:45am
Good question. I think he only had a 1 year deal with San Manuel. He may not get re-signed though due to Mookie coming on board.
lucero10x
9/9/2010 6:54am
Dude has to ride before he can race. I doubt many people are standing in line to hire him hoping he can make a full recovery. That being said, I sure as hell hope he does.
dehner47
9/9/2010 6:56am
SMITH201 wrote:
Good question. I think he only had a 1 year deal with San Manuel. He may not get re-signed though due to Mookie coming on board.
Mookie???

The Shop

BKoonts
9/9/2010 7:50am
Is San Manuel really gonna sign Malcolm Stewart? That's gotta be a joke...please tell me that's a joke.
DownSouth
9/9/2010 7:54am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2010 7:54am
I would guess that Hill will be a mid season replacement rider in SX for some team. Unless he heals super fast.
DownSouth
9/9/2010 7:55am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2010 7:56am
As far as Malcolm goes it would not be so surprising to see him in that truck on a 250. I doubt he would end up with a 450 ride with them just yet.
stumpjumper
9/9/2010 7:57am
DownSouth wrote:
As far as Malcolm goes it would not be so surprising to see him in that truck on a 250. I doubt he would end up...
As far as Malcolm goes it would not be so surprising to see him in that truck on a 250. I doubt he would end up with a 450 ride with them just yet.
x2,They only support 250 riders.
burnside
9/9/2010 8:01am
I'm no doctor but his thing with his foot sounds gnarly - he has no feeling in it from what I can gather?
BKoonts
9/9/2010 8:09am
I like Josh Hill but he spends as much time off of the bike as he does on it. Unfortunately he and Josh Grant are becoming Broc Hepler-ish.
9/9/2010 8:32am
Pre 2010 SX season: Josh Hill needs to loose some weight and get into shape.
Pre 2011 SX season: Josh Hill needs to gain some weight and get into shape.

He looks crazy skinny in that wheelchair; someone should loan him a hairless cat. He'd make a good super villain.

Josh is awesome but he picked a hell of a year to get hurt. Assuming he can get back into riding condition, I could definitely see him going to Hart and Huntington and having some awesome success.

jeffro503
9/9/2010 8:44am
Josh will be back.....but i'm not sure if it will be the 2011 SX series. He has a lot of healing to do , and also from what I hear is ......he's doing really good for what happened.

Maybe if he can hit the SX series sometime in the middle.........like when they head east , and shows some good riding........maybe he can pick up something for the outdoor season in 2011? I think it should be possible.

I believe in him 100% , and I bet he'll come back strong when the time is right and is feeling good! He has the talent and speed to be pitting out of a big rig for sure.
9/9/2010 9:13am
BKoonts wrote:
I like Josh Hill but he spends as much time off of the bike as he does on it. Unfortunately he and Josh Grant are becoming...
I like Josh Hill but he spends as much time off of the bike as he does on it. Unfortunately he and Josh Grant are becoming Broc Hepler-ish.
This statement shows you actually know nothing.

Just for the record, Josh missed a couple ofraces at the end of last years MX season with the back injury. He sat the remaing rounds out after Millville. Those were the first races as a professional that he missed. So if you add those to the only raced he missed this year, which is X Games, he is still a far cry from Broc Hepler-ish.

Get your facts straight. It's this type of mentality that gets people going off on a tangent that has zero cedibility to it.

Josh will be back. Probably not for SX, but he will heal and come back strong. The kid needs all the support in the world right now.
jeffro503
9/9/2010 9:19am
BKoonts wrote:
I like Josh Hill but he spends as much time off of the bike as he does on it. Unfortunately he and Josh Grant are becoming...
This statement shows you actually know nothing. Just for the record, Josh missed a couple ofraces at the end of last years MX season with the...
This statement shows you actually know nothing.

Just for the record, Josh missed a couple ofraces at the end of last years MX season with the back injury. He sat the remaing rounds out after Millville. Those were the first races as a professional that he missed. So if you add those to the only raced he missed this year, which is X Games, he is still a far cry from Broc Hepler-ish.

Get your facts straight. It's this type of mentality that gets people going off on a tangent that has zero cedibility to it.

Josh will be back. Probably not for SX, but he will heal and come back strong. The kid needs all the support in the world right now.
Good post OSR!

BKoonts : just so you know , Josh has visited these boards quite often and reads whats going on every once in a while. I would think with his injury and having to sit at home....he's probably on here more than ever.

Remember , Josh is just a good kid.......And a really fast kid on a dirt scooter , but a kid just the same. You shouldn't slam on a kid , especially when he is down in the dumps from an injury. Try being a little more positive in situations like this........we all want to see him get healed up and get back on a bike!
BKoonts
9/9/2010 9:33am
I wasn't slamming anyone. I started my comment by saying that I like Josh Hill. I also said that it's unfortunate about his injuries. Injuries are an unfortunate part of the sport. I was merely pointing out that the timing of recurring injuries can have a negative impact on a rider's career, especially with the economy in the shape that it's in. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't want to come off like I'm kicking a guy while he's down. And Old School Racer, for the record, it was established many years ago that I do in fact know nothing.
Adam43
9/9/2010 9:40am
Josh is a talented enough guy that he shouldn't worry about getting back on the bike right away.

He should take the time to heal up and rehab himself 100%, if that is even going to be possible. At best he would be seriously behind the 8-ball going into 2011.

Hill showed enough speed last year to make people remember. He should focus on 2012. Someone will take a chance on him.
phlewy
9/9/2010 10:45am
For Josh Hill fans, it's painful to watch the way he's managed his career. Wonder who's advising him?
MelonFan123
9/9/2010 10:59am
phlewy wrote:
For Josh Hill fans, it's painful to watch the way he's managed his career. Wonder who's advising him?
he had a factory yamaha ride and then a factory supported yamaha ride with L&M. As far as who's managing his career, I'm pretty sure Jimmy Button is his agent. Where exactly was the bad career management? or did i miss something
jeffro503
9/9/2010 11:15am
I think doing the Xgames stuff was all Josh's idea........not sure Jimmy had anything to do with that. But i could be wrong.
crewshin
9/9/2010 2:44pm
phlewy wrote:
J-Law? Wink
roomtofly
9/9/2010 2:58pm
at Dallas SX this past season the pits were empty and it was cold as hell. Josh popped out of the San Manuel rig and hopped in the golf cart. My kids and other kids went over for autographs and you could almost see him mumbling "get me the phubck out of here" and he signed nothing for any kids, not one. I looked at him and thought, "you should sign these autographs because next year noone will know who you are."

on a lighter note Canard and Short were walking and talking with everyone despite the terrible weather and the kids had a blast.
Chris_ONeal
9/9/2010 3:15pm
roomtofly wrote:
at Dallas SX this past season the pits were empty and it was cold as hell. Josh popped out of the San Manuel rig and hopped...
at Dallas SX this past season the pits were empty and it was cold as hell. Josh popped out of the San Manuel rig and hopped in the golf cart. My kids and other kids went over for autographs and you could almost see him mumbling "get me the phubck out of here" and he signed nothing for any kids, not one. I looked at him and thought, "you should sign these autographs because next year noone will know who you are."

on a lighter note Canard and Short were walking and talking with everyone despite the terrible weather and the kids had a blast.
Ouch I hate to hear stories like that!

That is exactly the reason Pastrana and Henry are loved so much by the fans. They will wait until every last fan gets a autograph.

Little things like that make such a difference in the fans eye. Bradshaw and Huffman did the same thing to me in 1993 when I was 12. I never cheered for them again and almost hated them from that point on. Bradshaw actually spit on a bunch of kids asking for his autograph right after the race. He was pissed cause he got smoked by Stanton and the MXKied.

One day no one will want his autograph but they will always want Henry's or Pastrana's. He should be proud someone wants his autograph!!
Cody24
Fantasy
2702nd
9/9/2010 4:07pm
I hope Josh has a ride. He has the talent to win title after title. He just needs to get focused and stay there. Good luck JH75. Get healed up quick and kick some ass.
KiKi-Matthew
9/9/2010 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2010 6:39pm
roomtofly wrote:
at Dallas SX this past season the pits were empty and it was cold as hell. Josh popped out of the San Manuel rig and hopped...

Sorry to hear that.
I've talked with him a few times, hes always been willing to take a minute.
Maybe you just caught him at a bad time.

Matthew
oldAFI
9/9/2010 4:54pm
roomtofly wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I've talked with him a few times, hes always been willing to take a minute. Maybe you just caught him at a...
Sorry to hear that.
I've talked with him a few times, hes always been willing to take a minute.
Maybe you just caught him at a bad time.

Matthew
Exactly!!!
Gunsdad
9/9/2010 5:02pm
disbanded wrote:
What James wants - James gets.
The JS so called "era" looks to be on the down-side. GOOD. He could have been, but REAL RIDERS like RC, and now Dungey, are showing the guy they are not are not afraid, and will not step down from anyone. JS........you could have been extra special kiddo..........
Rooster
9/9/2010 5:50pm
I'll be surprised if Josh Hill ever lines up at a pro national or supercross again.

I'm not hating on the guy, just being realistic about the extent of his injuries.
andymoto
9/9/2010 6:56pm
Rooster wrote:
I'll be surprised if Josh Hill ever lines up at a pro national or supercross again. I'm not hating on the guy, just being realistic about...
I'll be surprised if Josh Hill ever lines up at a pro national or supercross again.

I'm not hating on the guy, just being realistic about the extent of his injuries.
Understandable statement since those syndromes have been seemingly slow to get feeling back.

Prayers sent to JH75 that he fully recovers and returns racing as soon as he possibly can.

Post a reply to: Josh Hill next year ?

The Latest