Josh Hill

Team Ideal
Edited Date/Time 3/11/2015 2:17pm
just wondering what the word was? I saw a tweet Sat night that said he had went into surgery but it didn't say what it was for.
|
mrpip
3/9/2015 1:05pm
looks like broken ribs and collapsed lung. get well soon Josh.
Grieby54
3/9/2015 1:08pm
Time to call it a career me thinks. I like Josh and he has incredible talent, but at this point it's never going to be what it could have been and I would think that he's tired of the injuries and wants to be able to move for the rest of the 60 years he has here.
Team Ideal
3/9/2015 1:10pm
Damn, I had heard he had a pretty good get off...GWS Josh
gt80rider
3/9/2015 1:25pm
Great guy and love his style on the bike, hope he gets better soon, the sport is better off with him than without.

The Shop

struth
3/9/2015 1:49pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Time to call it a career me thinks. I like Josh and he has incredible talent, but at this point it's never going to be what...
Time to call it a career me thinks. I like Josh and he has incredible talent, but at this point it's never going to be what it could have been and I would think that he's tired of the injuries and wants to be able to move for the rest of the 60 years he has here.
His first big injury since successful comeback.... No dude should keep racing, if he wants to after recovery...
He did get a podium last year

Grieby54
3/9/2015 1:55pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Time to call it a career me thinks. I like Josh and he has incredible talent, but at this point it's never going to be what...
struth wrote:
His first big injury since successful comeback.... No dude should keep racing, if he wants to after recovery...

His first big injury since his comeback? Where are you defining the start of that comeback, because he's had more than his share even after his failed backflip.

I wish the guy well, and at this point, I think he's better off cutting his losses and walking away as opposed to continuing to injure himself and chase main events. But, that's just me...
moto0852
3/9/2015 2:00pm
Grieby54 wrote:
struth wrote:

Yeah, he's had "alot" of injuries during his comeback and I think that's a stretch to say it's been "successful". May be time to move on.
That's not neccesarily a bad thing.
struth
3/9/2015 2:04pm
Where he came dude could not walk after his back flip.
I'd say making main events and top tens in sx is successful comeback,if you look at how stuffed his body was.

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
3/9/2015 2:10pm
mrpip wrote:
looks like broken ribs and collapsed lung. get well soon Josh.
That sucks!
Dude has had a lot of bad injuries.

Get well soon Josh!
Grieby54
3/9/2015 2:19pm
struth wrote:
Where he came dude could not walk after his back flip. I'd say making main events and top tens in sx is successful comeback,if you look...
Where he came dude could not walk after his back flip.
I'd say making main events and top tens in sx is successful comeback,if you look at how stuffed his body was.

I agree - I'd call last year a great success. That being said, he's fighting for a ride and main events at this point. I wish I had half his talent on the bike, but I'm sure he would rather be comfortable at 60 (as opposed to chronic pain) than make a few more mains.
rallendude
3/9/2015 2:27pm
He's barely 20 years old. He doesn't even know 60 exists yet. Doubt he's worried about that right now. If he's wanting to throw in the towel it's likely because of all the pain he's experienced LIVE in the past few years.
Micahdogg
3/9/2015 2:39pm
He's had plenty of chances to stop racing, without anyone judging him for it. He'll decided if this is another test, or the final straw.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
3/9/2015 2:47pm
rallendude wrote:
He's barely 20 years old. He doesn't even know 60 exists yet. Doubt he's worried about that right now. If he's wanting to throw in the...
He's barely 20 years old. He doesn't even know 60 exists yet. Doubt he's worried about that right now. If he's wanting to throw in the towel it's likely because of all the pain he's experienced LIVE in the past few years.
Are you confusing him with his little brother Justin? Because Josh will be 27 in July. He turned pro almost a decade ago.
S.Loyer
3/9/2015 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2015 3:13pm
Grieby54 wrote:
struth wrote:

Grieby54 wrote:
His first big injury since his comeback? Where are you defining the start of that comeback, because he's had more than his share even after his...
His first big injury since his comeback? Where are you defining the start of that comeback, because he's had more than his share even after his failed backflip.

I wish the guy well, and at this point, I think he's better off cutting his losses and walking away as opposed to continuing to injure himself and chase main events. But, that's just me...
Yup, not like Josh probably has much lined up when he is done with racing.
I don't see the issue of him never being what he was going/use to be. Nick Wey is never going to be what he use to be but he is still out there and loved by Fans.

If Josh can make a living riding in 8th-20th place, let him decide to do it and enjoy it. He did land on the box last year too and can probably be a top 5 spoiler for a while longer.
ChrisB10
3/9/2015 3:12pm
Grieby54 wrote:
struth wrote:

+1
Grieby54
3/9/2015 3:14pm
struth wrote:

Grieby54 wrote:
His first big injury since his comeback? Where are you defining the start of that comeback, because he's had more than his share even after his...

S.Loyer wrote:
Yup, not like Josh probably has much lined up when he is done with racing. I don't see the issue of him never being what he...
Yup, not like Josh probably has much lined up when he is done with racing.
I don't see the issue of him never being what he was going/use to be. Nick Wey is never going to be what he use to be but he is still out there and loved by Fans.

If Josh can make a living riding in 8th-20th place, let him decide to do it and enjoy it. He did land on the box last year too and can probably be a top 5 spoiler for a while longer.
I'm not suggesting that he can't decide to continue riding. I really enjoy watching him when he's doing well out there.

Nyk has stayed relatively injury free over his career, so it's a bit of a different situation. My guess is that Josh would be better off walking away while he still can rather than sticking around for the glory of a few more supercross main events.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
3/9/2015 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2015 3:30pm
Grieby54 wrote:
I'm not suggesting that he can't decide to continue riding. I really enjoy watching him when he's doing well out there. Nyk has stayed relatively injury...
I'm not suggesting that he can't decide to continue riding. I really enjoy watching him when he's doing well out there.

Nyk has stayed relatively injury free over his career, so it's a bit of a different situation. My guess is that Josh would be better off walking away while he still can rather than sticking around for the glory of a few more supercross main events.
Edit - Damn, I got you confused with someone else...

RbR
3/9/2015 5:05pm
Josh Hill Specs:
Birth Date: July 30, 1989
Birthplace: Clackamas, OR
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 185 lbs
Turned Pro: 2006
National Number: 75
Dutch348
3/9/2015 5:36pm
Considering Tom Brady is 37, I think Josh has plenty of time to heal up and continue his career. Hell, Chad is 32.
jeffro503
3/9/2015 7:00pm
RbR wrote:
Josh Hill Specs:
Birth Date: July 30, 1989
Birthplace: Clackamas, OR
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 185 lbs
Turned Pro: 2006
National Number: 75
I can tell you right now....he is NOT 5-11' haha. I'm a hair over 6' , damn near 6-1".....and he's a good 4" shorter than I am.

But besides that........this is really bummer news. it's the price we pay for this damn sport. We all love it , but it can be cruel as hell sometimes.
Drtbykr
3/9/2015 7:58pm
He was great to see in Canada, hope he comes back. Hey reminds me of Guy Cooper, doesn't always take the fastest way around a track, but he takes the highest. Heal up, come up and have fun.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/11/2015 2:17pm
CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha – Josh Hill Update

March 11, 2015 – Johnson Creek, Wisconsin

CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha 450 rider Josh Hill experienced a tough practice crash over the weekend at Round 10 of the Monster Energy/AMA Supercross Series at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. The Oregon native suffered a collapsed lung, broken clavicle and broken ribs. On Sunday March 8, 2015 he underwent a successful operation to repair his broken clavicle, and remains in a Daytona Beach area hospital. Upon his release, Hill plans to return to California to begin his recovery. A timetable on his return to racing has yet to be determined.

After joining the team before Round 6 of the Monster Energy/AMA Supercross Series in San Diego, Hill posted multiple strong results and was continuing to build on his performances week-by-week prior to this incident in Daytona. The entire CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha team stands by Hill in this tough time, and we look forward to seeing him return to racing when his injuries are healed.

No 450 SX replacement riders will be added at this time, as the team looks to focus on the support of their active 250 SX riders Alex Martin, Luke Renzland and Nick Desidero for the remainder of the 2015 Monster Energy/AMA Supercross Series We appreciate the support of the industry and encourage you to keep Josh in your thoughts.

Follow CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha –
Instagram @cycletraderrockriver
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cycletraderrockriver
Twitter @RockRiverYamaha

CycleTrader.com/Rock River Yamaha would like to thank: CycleTrader.com, Rock River Powersports, Yamaha Motor USA, Yamalube, GYTR, Roost MX, WPS/Fly Racing USA, bLUcRU, ARC Levers, Bell Powersports, CV4, Cycra, Dubya USA, Dunlop, Enzo, EVS Sports, Excel Rims, Eks Brand Goggles, FMF Racing, Galfer USA, Gaerne, GoPro, Guts Racing USA, K&N Filters, LightSpeed, ODI, VP Fuels, Works Connection, X-Trig, MindFX, Mechanix Wear, Millenium Technologies and RaceTech Titanium.

Post a reply to: Josh Hill

The Latest