Josh Hansen's Comments On Tickle?

petie11o5
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 7:20pm
In the newest DirtShark Hansen commented on the championship saying, "That's good for Tickle maybe he should put a G on black jack in Vegas because his lucks going pretty well".

Do they get along? It seemed like Hansen was being a dick about it. Just my prospective but it doesn't seem like something you should be saying about your teammate? What are your opinions?

Check out Hansen's comments at 9:46.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000110627/features/dirt-shark-monster-…
|
mxknowitall
4/24/2011 10:51am
petie11o5 wrote:
In the newest DirtShark Hansen commented on the championship saying, "That's good for Tickle maybe he should put a G on black jack in Vegas because...
In the newest DirtShark Hansen commented on the championship saying, "That's good for Tickle maybe he should put a G on black jack in Vegas because his lucks going pretty well".

Do they get along? It seemed like Hansen was being a dick about it. Just my prospective but it doesn't seem like something you should be saying about your teammate? What are your opinions?

I guess Hansen isn't a believer in the saying, "luck is when preparation meets opportunity."

He must be bitter that his championship is slipping away. It just comes down to the fact that the kid isn't mentally tough.
4/24/2011 10:55am
petie11o5 wrote:
In the newest DirtShark Hansen commented on the championship saying, "That's good for Tickle maybe he should put a G on black jack in Vegas because...

I guess Hansen isn't a believer in the saying, "luck is when preparation meets opportunity." He must be bitter that his championship is slipping away. It...
I guess Hansen isn't a believer in the saying, "luck is when preparation meets opportunity."

He must be bitter that his championship is slipping away. It just comes down to the fact that the kid isn't mentally tough.
spot on, Hansen is just pissed because everything seems to be going against him at the moment, he almost sounds half defeated, like he has already given up
petie11o5
4/24/2011 10:56am
petie11o5 wrote:

I guess Hansen isn't a believer in the saying, "luck is when preparation meets opportunity." He must be bitter that his championship is slipping away. It...

I like Hanny but I lost a little respect when he made that comment. I couldn't imagine being in his position and seeing it slip away but that comment just seemed unnecessary, especially about your own teammate.

The Shop

Grieby54
4/24/2011 10:56am
petie11o5 wrote:

Not mentally tough? Seriously? I am by no means a Hansen nut swinger, but really?

The dude has a broken hand. Have you ridden with a broken hand? I haven't because it would hurt like hell. Maybe the fact that his hand is in a lot of pain as he rides Supercross has something to do with his results rather than "mental toughness." Dumbass...

His comment was dick'ish, by the way. But I'd be a bit bitter too.
mxknowitall
4/24/2011 11:04am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2011 11:04am
petie11o5 wrote:

Grieby54 wrote:
Not mentally tough? Seriously? I am by no means a Hansen nut swinger, but really? The dude has a broken hand. Have you ridden with a...
Not mentally tough? Seriously? I am by no means a Hansen nut swinger, but really?

The dude has a broken hand. Have you ridden with a broken hand? I haven't because it would hurt like hell. Maybe the fact that his hand is in a lot of pain as he rides Supercross has something to do with his results rather than "mental toughness." Dumbass...

Guys ride hurt all the time. Usually you don't hear about it because they don't make excuses for themselves. You have to play the cards your dealt. Sorry, but the kid isn't mentally tough. He's been making mistake after mistake the last few rounds. He has always gotten by on raw talent, but that will only take you so far at the top level. Watch the interview right before Hansen's. Tickle just took the points lead but he isn't satisfied at all and said he needs to work his ass off to get better. That's what a true champion sounds like.
kongols
4/24/2011 11:05am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2011 11:06am
All he said is that Tickle is a lucky dude and he should play some Black Jack.. Sounds like a good advice from teammate to teammate. What?
kongols
4/24/2011 11:07am
Guys ride hurt all the time. Usually you don't hear about it because they don't make excuses for themselves. You have to play the cards your...
Guys ride hurt all the time. Usually you don't hear about it because they don't make excuses for themselves. You have to play the cards your dealt. Sorry, but the kid isn't mentally tough. He's been making mistake after mistake the last few rounds. He has always gotten by on raw talent, but that will only take you so far at the top level. Watch the interview right before Hansen's. Tickle just took the points lead but he isn't satisfied at all and said he needs to work his ass off to get better. That's what a true champion sounds like.
RC has ruined it for everybody.
downandup
4/24/2011 11:08am
Guys ride hurt all the time. Usually you don't hear about it because they don't make excuses for themselves. You have to play the cards your...
You are so right on about Tickle! He said the correct thing!
Grieby54
4/24/2011 11:19am

Grieby54 wrote:
Not mentally tough? Seriously? I am by no means a Hansen nut swinger, but really? The dude has a broken hand. Have you ridden with a...

Yes, Josh should really work on not having a broken hand. That makes sense. Also, RV really should have wrapped up the championship last year. No matter that he had a bone sticking out of his leg - he should have had the mindset of a champion! RV is mentally weak for not finishing the series with his injury.
4/24/2011 11:36am
Iv'e been really impressed with the way Josh has turned his career around. Some of his decisions on the track have been dodgy imo but y'know fair play to the guy - he's often had to ride in what must be terrible pain on a several occasions this year. You have to respect that and I think it does show character.

Regarding his comments, obviously it's just frustration. It's not fair on Broc though but there you go, I doubt he'll lose sleep over it. There's a lot on the line and things are often said in the heat of the moment. Two rounds to go and this title could go either way. One of them must learn to live with disappointment.
mxknowitall
4/24/2011 11:45am
Grieby54 wrote:

Grieby54 wrote:
Yes, Josh should really work on not having a broken hand. That makes sense. Also, RV really should have wrapped up the championship last year. No...
Yes, Josh should really work on not having a broken hand. That makes sense. Also, RV really should have wrapped up the championship last year. No matter that he had a bone sticking out of his leg - he should have had the mindset of a champion! RV is mentally weak for not finishing the series with his injury.
Yea, comparing a minor fracture in your hand is totally the same thing as a compound fracture in your tib/fib. What's your thoughts on Hansen out riding for fun yesterday at the IT ride day? If his hand is that bad, it doesn't seem very smart to be riding with it 6 days after Seattle, especially when they have an extra week off.
Grieby54
4/24/2011 11:54am
Grieby54 wrote:
Yes, Josh should really work on not having a broken hand. That makes sense. Also, RV really should have wrapped up the championship last year. No...
Yea, comparing a minor fracture in your hand is totally the same thing as a compound fracture in your tib/fib. What's your thoughts on Hansen out...
Yea, comparing a minor fracture in your hand is totally the same thing as a compound fracture in your tib/fib. What's your thoughts on Hansen out riding for fun yesterday at the IT ride day? If his hand is that bad, it doesn't seem very smart to be riding with it 6 days after Seattle, especially when they have an extra week off.
Different bones, but the same idea. You're suggesting that it's mental weakness that's causing his lack-luster results. I'm suggest that maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with his broken hand. Maybe it's not as extreme as RV's injury, but it's an injury none the less. Hansen was out there supporting a good cause and didn't put in very many laps at all.

Look, I'm not a huge fan, but I'm not a hating idiot. You sound like the latter of the two. The guy was dominating the coast until he broke his hand. Maybe there's a correlation...
EvanR127
4/24/2011 11:55am
Broc will take it in the end. I believe this is the end of Hansen's racing career. He doesn't race outdoors, last year on 250, isn't as good on a 450, won't get a good 450 ride, old, and probably can't handle the 450 competition / 20 laps..... he will probably be racing only x games and Australia SX in two years.
burnside
4/24/2011 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2011 12:32pm
Whats the big deal you emos? He's pissed off after a rough race with a load of metal scraping around in his hand. Im glad he granted an interview in that mood.

Hurry up SLC!
paul937
Fantasy
359th
4/24/2011 12:40pm
EvanR127 wrote:
Broc will take it in the end. I believe this is the end of Hansen's racing career. He doesn't race outdoors, last year on 250, isn't...
Broc will take it in the end. I believe this is the end of Hansen's racing career. He doesn't race outdoors, last year on 250, isn't as good on a 450, won't get a good 450 ride, old, and probably can't handle the 450 competition / 20 laps..... he will probably be racing only x games and Australia SX in two years.
It’s actually NOT his last year in the lites, unless he wins the championship, then he’s out. And I wouldn’t count on his career being over, far from it.

Paul
sxf138
4/24/2011 12:45pm
EvanR127 wrote:
Broc will take it in the end. I believe this is the end of Hansen's racing career. He doesn't race outdoors, last year on 250, isn't...
I think that as long he can get on a good team, he will continue to do great on big bikes. I believe, actually, I know for a fact one of the main reasons he is doing so good this year is becuase Mitch has him on a very, very tight leash. He needs a team that will push him, becuase he can get lazy if he doesn't have someone on his ass everyday making sure he is in the gym or on the bike..
4/24/2011 12:48pm
Hansen looked great in the opening round but Broc and several other west coast riders picked up the pace after round #1. Thses guys smelled blood and knocked the confidence out of Hansen.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
4/24/2011 12:49pm
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
EvanR127
4/24/2011 12:51pm
paul937 wrote:
It’s actually NOT his last year in the lites, unless he wins the championship, then he’s out. And I wouldn’t count on his career being over...
It’s actually NOT his last year in the lites, unless he wins the championship, then he’s out. And I wouldn’t count on his career being over, far from it.

Paul
Maybe he can still race in the lites class but mitch/hansen has stated its his last year on PC and that he is going to the 450 class next year....
4/24/2011 12:53pm
No Dancin' Diana? Next time have a disclaimer so I dont waste my time watching.

I'm rooting for Tickle. Less tats.
EvanR127
4/24/2011 12:54pm
sxf138 wrote:
I think that as long he can get on a good team, he will continue to do great on big bikes. I believe, actually, I know...
I think that as long he can get on a good team, he will continue to do great on big bikes. I believe, actually, I know for a fact one of the main reasons he is doing so good this year is becuase Mitch has him on a very, very tight leash. He needs a team that will push him, becuase he can get lazy if he doesn't have someone on his ass everyday making sure he is in the gym or on the bike..
He won't get on one of the top teams unless he wins this championship. Even then its still very unlucky with how deep the field is. Maybe if Mitch makes a 450 team and hires him....
Flatliner
4/24/2011 12:56pm
petie11o5 wrote:

He has a broken hand.

He's the fastest guy bar none on that coast if healthy. Fastest lites sx rider on both coasts I'd bet.
kongols
4/24/2011 12:57pm
EvanR127 wrote:
He won't get on one of the top teams unless he wins this championship. Even then its still very unlucky with how deep the field is...
He won't get on one of the top teams unless he wins this championship. Even then its still very unlucky with how deep the field is. Maybe if Mitch makes a 450 team and hires him....
I`m sure Hart has his back.
EvanR127
4/24/2011 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2011 1:03pm
EvanR127 wrote:
He won't get on one of the top teams unless he wins this championship. Even then its still very unlucky with how deep the field is...
kongols wrote:
I`m sure Hart has his back.
Ohhh if that's what you guys mean by a good team lol. I am not doubting that he will get a ride but that it just won't be the top suzuki, yamaha, kawaski, ktm or honda team.....my bad.
kongols
4/24/2011 1:04pm
EvanR127 wrote:
Ohhh if that's what you guys mean by a good team lol. I am not doubting that he will get a ride but that it just...
Ohhh if that's what you guys mean by a good team lol. I am not doubting that he will get a ride but that it just won't be the top suzuki, yamaha, kawaski, ktm or honda team.....my bad.
Why did I bother...
4/24/2011 1:28pm
maybe he just thinks the guy is having a good season. Why do you have to read so much into it?
4/24/2011 1:30pm
EvanR127 wrote:
paul937 wrote:
It’s actually NOT his last year in the lites, unless he wins the championship, then he’s out. And I wouldn’t count on his career being over...

Paul
Hey Paul,

How does that work? Thought it was 3 years with 100 consecutive points? Do you think he will ride the Lites class again if he loses the championship?
JACK_Schit
4/24/2011 1:43pm
petie11o5 wrote:

Being a dick? are serious?
Ddavis
4/24/2011 1:52pm
Hansen and Tickle were both in the gas station near Pala yesterday and I don't even think they looked at each other once lol

Post a reply to: Josh Hansen's Comments On Tickle?

The Latest