|

12/6/2015 9:15 AM

Photo

|

12/6/2015 9:19 AM

Because the AMA won't let him run #100.

|

12/6/2015 9:21 AM

politics that come with a number? I don't get. you want to race or you don't.

|

12/6/2015 9:55 AM

Well, he nailed it with "a lot of you won't understand..."

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

12/6/2015 9:57 AM

a lot of "you" don't understand...i do however. he is building a brand. everything as of late he's doing in a positive matter and you guys still want to hate and be negative. he's trying something else out, why hate? i will be tuning into watch for sure.

misunderstood.

|

12/6/2015 10:01 AM

Very good decision by Hanny. The rule that forces riders a one or two digit number is ridiculous.

It feels like they have zero knowledge of marketing and branding.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

12/6/2015 10:06 AM

I get it, but does someone else get 100 then?
If not, who gives a shit?

I know alot have ran the number prior, so
Does Hansen not fall under the 199 or 800 rule?

Or does Hansen just not stroke the right ego's?

|

12/6/2015 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2015 10:16 AM

"...but I'm not gonna sell out being a clown in their circus show."

Not hating...and I'm not advocating being an ass kisser, but that's not a great way to win friends or positively influence anybody with Feld, the AMA or anybody that might throw money at him and provide a ride. He's a little too late in the game to be a rebel.

|

12/6/2015 10:15 AM

'Building a Brand'......... really ??

He is about 15 years late... for a guy that never won a championship, thats a leap of faith right there.

|

12/6/2015 10:40 AM

Because thats all that really matters in racing...its not the wins and loses and the excitement of competition, its about the ability to brand yourself the way you want and that includes randomly chosen numbers.

Who would have thought that the straw that broke the camels back when it comes to starting a riders union was Josh Hansen not getting to run the number 100 on his plates?

God bless him for taking a stand against the man!

|

" You thank whoever is up there, every morning you open your eyes, an everyday you can put your body on a motorcycle, thats pretty good enough for me" -Lars Larson

12/6/2015 10:42 AM

By the way, can we get Josh in to do the "Vitard Question of the Week" segment?

|

" You thank whoever is up there, every morning you open your eyes, an everyday you can put your body on a motorcycle, thats pretty good enough for me" -Lars Larson

12/6/2015 10:48 AM

What Hanny fails to realize is that he should never been allowed to choose #100 in the first place. The tradition was that #'s 100, 101, 111 were always meant for use by visiting world champs, or US champs coming off an injury year where they did not earn points for a national #. How anyone at the AMA ever let Hansen get the 100 is a mystery as he never fit any of the criteria.

Plus in that tweet Hansen says that he will be back for SX 2016 so if earns points he will be SOL and won't be 100 in 2017 again.

|

12/6/2015 10:48 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Very good decision by Hanny. The rule that forces riders a one or two digit number is ridiculous.

It feels like they have ...more

Exactly, who cares if they want to run a higher number? As much as it sucks to not see him race this year, I'm glad someone finally stepped up and is making a statement about it. If they have any common sense they'll take a look at how stupid that rule is in the future.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

12/6/2015 10:52 AM

It looks like he is taking a page out of Reed's twitter drama book.

|

12/6/2015 11:08 AM

I actually don't have a problem with this. Good to stand up for what you believe in. Will miss seeing him in SX but at least the fans of AXUK will have something to be happy about. Hanny is a very talented and entertaning rider to watch. So what if he doesn't have any titles? BQ365 have built quite an impressive brand on himself in a very short period and he's not even racing.

|

It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend

12/6/2015 11:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2015 4:08 PM

Screw career numbers.
Run what ya earn. Problem soved....
Brand yourself in some other way.

|

12/6/2015 11:28 AM

I understand where he is coming from. But it's a bit late to try and brand himself. does the average fan eve know who he is? Make all the money while you have a chance.

|

12/6/2015 11:53 AM

I'm confused.

Hes says hes going to be back for supercross 2016, but then later in his post he says he will ne back in 2017 as the number 100.

Huh?

Im gonna send him one of the free calenders I got.

|

12/6/2015 12:02 PM

This guy...

He puts forth some basic effort for the first time maybe ever and it doesn't automatically turn him into a winner so he packs up to cherry pick another series where it's easier to win and blames it all on a number.

|

12/6/2015 12:14 PM

Sandberm wrote:

I'm confused.

Hes says hes going to be back for supercross 2016, but then later in his post he says he will ne back in 2017 ...more

I think he means he's going to race some races in 2016, just not the whole series. My guess is some 450 races after the UK AX is over.

|

12/6/2015 12:44 PM

Rich Piano wrote:

I get it, but does someone else get 100 then?
If not, who gives a shit?

I know alot have ran the number prior, so
Does Hansen ...more

its not about ego's, Hanny never got top 10 in points overall for a season, so he never got to pick a career number, early on in this you could pick a 3 digit number (like Townley 101, Pourcel 377, Pastrana 199 and Alessi 800 did)

in recent years they have disallowed you picking a 3 digit numbers, but the riders above got to keep theirs,

Hanny never had the right to run 100 full time, you have to score top 10 in points overall for a season to earn the right to do that,

I personally dont like the career numbers and would prefer to see them go back to the old way of the season points counting towards your number, but I can see the benefits of the marketing aspect of career numbers,

|

12/6/2015 1:14 PM

Sandberm wrote:

I'm confused.

Hes says hes going to be back for supercross 2016, but then later in his post he says he will ne back in 2017 ...more

shanexsan wrote:

I think he means he's going to race some races in 2016, just not the whole series. My guess is some 450 races after the UK AX ...more

I doubt it, because then he'll score points and have another assigned number for 2017.

|

12/6/2015 1:32 PM

That's awesome news, can't wait for rd 1.... My brother is stoked too, he often rocks his 100 beanie between motos!!!!

|

12/6/2015 1:34 PM

Wut? Am I really to gather that he's not doing U.S. SX because he can't run #100?
For reals? C'mon man, there's gotta be something else.

|

12/6/2015 1:38 PM

Sidecar wrote:

That's awesome news, can't wait for rd 1.... My brother is stoked too, he often rocks his 100 beanie between motos!!!!

so he is the guy that bought one..

|

12/6/2015 4:57 PM

i understand that he wants to keep his number because people associate him with #100 (and as long as nobody else claims it and earned it, so be it) however, if everybody would stop racing because they don't get the number they would like to than we only would've 5 guys or so on the gates at a1.

|

12/6/2015 5:02 PM

It will take a rider like him to start a riders Union. Throw Reed in the mix also

|

12/6/2015 5:13 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

It will take a rider like him to start a riders Union. Throw Reed in the mix also

Reed may be able to start a riders union if he really wanted to, I doubt Hansen hast he influence, or the will to do it,

|

12/6/2015 5:35 PM

Is there any money in the UK AX series? Like any salary for factory riders or decent payouts?

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2