Josh Hansen

RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
10/26/2016 7:38pm
mx836 wrote:
Just because a guy smokes a plant that naturally grows right out of the ground, doesn't mean he should be ridiculed for it. Do you blindly...
Just because a guy smokes a plant that naturally grows right out of the ground, doesn't mean he should be ridiculed for it. Do you blindly believe in every "law"? I bet you've never broken one yourself. Tongue
Katoomey wrote:
lots of things you shouldn't consume that grow "naturally" out of the ground. that's an asinine argument. and no matter what you say, using any substance...
lots of things you shouldn't consume that grow "naturally" out of the ground. that's an asinine argument.

and no matter what you say, using any substance to alter or regulate your emotions isn't healthy behavior. Now, I certainly don't think smoking weed is terrible, and it's certainly better then all the other drugs out there, but don't kid yourself into thinking it has no consequences. Weed addicts can be some of the most neglectful parents,self centered friends, loser brothers/sisters, and shitty employees there are. It makes people content with doing nothing. That's not being a productive member of society, and a reason for others not to tolerate it. I don't care about legalities, but there are consequences for using even mild drugs like weed. ...and because of that, you ARE open to ridicule.

it's one thing when teenagers get high and drunk. most of them really are just "experimenting" or just wanting to be a part of the party and have fun and all those things. When a 30 year old is smoking weed, things are a little different. First of all no one starts smoking weed at 30, so they've been doing it for a while, and 9 out of 10 times are habitual. Every pot smoker (beer drinkers too) on the planet will tell you "oh I just like to relax in the evening" or whatever, but in reality, the drive and motivation behind a habitual pot smoker is affect regulation. Meaning, they are purposely altering their mood (emotional state) because they are uncomfortable with them. They are either anxious, or bored, or sad, or a hundred other things.

Now, thats ok to use drugs for emotional regulation, if deemed necessary, but it usually isn't, and there are better drugs out there than weed for most purposes anyway. My point is, weed addiction can make you emotionally complacent, and that prevents you from progressing as a human being, and bettering you personal and social life. The reason we have uncomfortable feelings like boredom and sadness are to motivate you to make changes, to improve your situation, so those feelings go away. Sedating yourself only perpetuates those feelings and the cycle of loathing sobriety.
Bro.. You nailed it!
JustMX
10/26/2016 8:57pm
Sometimes seeing the limited debate skills of some people on this forum makes me feel impaired.

So, it is wrong to criticize someone that can ride better than me?

And using a weed that grows out of the ground should be ok because, well, it grows.

Hey, look at the pretty poppy flowers.they are growing.

Turbojez
10/27/2016 12:10am
Katoomey wrote:
lots of things you shouldn't consume that grow "naturally" out of the ground. that's an asinine argument. and no matter what you say, using any substance...
lots of things you shouldn't consume that grow "naturally" out of the ground. that's an asinine argument.

and no matter what you say, using any substance to alter or regulate your emotions isn't healthy behavior. Now, I certainly don't think smoking weed is terrible, and it's certainly better then all the other drugs out there, but don't kid yourself into thinking it has no consequences. Weed addicts can be some of the most neglectful parents,self centered friends, loser brothers/sisters, and shitty employees there are. It makes people content with doing nothing. That's not being a productive member of society, and a reason for others not to tolerate it. I don't care about legalities, but there are consequences for using even mild drugs like weed. ...and because of that, you ARE open to ridicule.

it's one thing when teenagers get high and drunk. most of them really are just "experimenting" or just wanting to be a part of the party and have fun and all those things. When a 30 year old is smoking weed, things are a little different. First of all no one starts smoking weed at 30, so they've been doing it for a while, and 9 out of 10 times are habitual. Every pot smoker (beer drinkers too) on the planet will tell you "oh I just like to relax in the evening" or whatever, but in reality, the drive and motivation behind a habitual pot smoker is affect regulation. Meaning, they are purposely altering their mood (emotional state) because they are uncomfortable with them. They are either anxious, or bored, or sad, or a hundred other things.

Now, thats ok to use drugs for emotional regulation, if deemed necessary, but it usually isn't, and there are better drugs out there than weed for most purposes anyway. My point is, weed addiction can make you emotionally complacent, and that prevents you from progressing as a human being, and bettering you personal and social life. The reason we have uncomfortable feelings like boredom and sadness are to motivate you to make changes, to improve your situation, so those feelings go away. Sedating yourself only perpetuates those feelings and the cycle of loathing sobriety.
It feels good to read a post that makes sense, thank you.

Back on the subject, is Hanny going to race in 2017? If so, 450's or 250's?
10/27/2016 1:01am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2016 1:03am
mx836 wrote:
Just because a guy smokes a plant that naturally grows right out of the ground, doesn't mean he should be ridiculed for it. Do you blindly...
Just because a guy smokes a plant that naturally grows right out of the ground, doesn't mean he should be ridiculed for it. Do you blindly believe in every "law"? I bet you've never broken one yourself. Tongue
Katoomey wrote:

Forget it

The Shop

mx836
10/27/2016 9:45am
Katoomey wrote:

Spare me. Weed is not physically addicting, therefore anybody who lets it affect their life has other issues going on. Any habitual smoker could be compared to an alcoholic. Although alcohol is legal, being an alcoholic is obviously not good. I disagree with a lot of what you said but I'm not going to type out at half page because I really don't care.
peelout
10/27/2016 10:58am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2016 10:59am
Hanny showed up to a LL qualifier in Utah years ago (125cc classes) with "Holeshot" on his chest-protector and the announcer was announcing him as Josh "Holeshot" Hansen all weekend. i proceeded to rip 8 of 8 holeshots on him that weekend. he kicked my ass in the overall standings, but i whooped his ass in the nickname category.

true story bro

cool to see him ripping again and landing on the podium
10/27/2016 11:27am
Katoomey wrote:

Are you saying that using what nature has given us isn't 'healthy behavior"? Is drinking coffee really an unhealthy behavior?

Humans have been using plants for medicinal and recreational purposes for a long time, pretty much every group of people in the world do so, hell even other animals do.

You don't know if Hansen is addicted or trying to regulate uncomfortable emotions. Some people just like to get high every now and again because it helps them to relax or they like the feeling. And why shouldn't they? Just because others can't control their use doesn't mean you should ridicule people for theirs. People will get addicted to anything, hence why over half the population are overweight.
JWACK
10/27/2016 11:41am
peelout wrote:
Hanny showed up to a LL qualifier in Utah years ago (125cc classes) with "Holeshot" on his chest-protector and the announcer was announcing him as Josh...
Hanny showed up to a LL qualifier in Utah years ago (125cc classes) with "Holeshot" on his chest-protector and the announcer was announcing him as Josh "Holeshot" Hansen all weekend. i proceeded to rip 8 of 8 holeshots on him that weekend. he kicked my ass in the overall standings, but i whooped his ass in the nickname category.

true story bro

Sounds like we need to be calling you Peelshot.!
JustMX
10/27/2016 2:06pm
peelout wrote:
Hanny showed up to a LL qualifier in Utah years ago (125cc classes) with "Holeshot" on his chest-protector and the announcer was announcing him as Josh...

true story bro

Maybe he borrowed an old pair of pants from his dad.
10/27/2016 2:29pm
I like how I just stepped aside yet the arguing continued on this, can we work on more positive, beneficial discourse than blatant arguing?

We all have opinions, but respect and common ground are where we succeed. . . .
cd0583
10/27/2016 2:34pm
A warm shoutout to the dude who posted the picture and the dude who took the snap. You guys are some serious lames..
peelout
10/27/2016 2:36pm
peelout wrote:

true story bro

JustMX wrote:
Maybe he borrowed an old pair of pants from his dad.
his dad race or somethin?
malachi177
10/28/2016 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 10/28/2016 11:54pm
mx836 wrote:
Spare me. Weed is not physically addicting, therefore anybody who lets it affect their life has other issues going on. Any habitual smoker could be compared...
Spare me. Weed is not physically addicting, therefore anybody who lets it affect their life has other issues going on. Any habitual smoker could be compared to an alcoholic. Although alcohol is legal, being an alcoholic is obviously not good. I disagree with a lot of what you said but I'm not going to type out at half page because I really don't care.
Weed can most definitely be addicting. The weed you buy now a days is chemically enhanced during growth to increase thc levels etc. Just think of all the shit they fertilize it with to get the best bud possible to increase profit/yield. If you think otherwise you're ignorant.

btw....this has nothing to do about Hanny..I'm not a fan but he Killed it at RBSR.
mx836
10/29/2016 6:12am
malachi177 wrote:
Weed can most definitely be addicting. The weed you buy now a days is chemically enhanced during growth to increase thc levels etc. Just think of...
Weed can most definitely be addicting. The weed you buy now a days is chemically enhanced during growth to increase thc levels etc. Just think of all the shit they fertilize it with to get the best bud possible to increase profit/yield. If you think otherwise you're ignorant.

btw....this has nothing to do about Hanny..I'm not a fan but he Killed it at RBSR.
Never said it wasn't unhealthy.
yz133rider
10/29/2016 6:36am
mx836 wrote:
Katoomey wrote:

Nailed it. Pot heads will never agree. But nobody likes to admit they are wrong and will fight you till they are blue in the face
10/29/2016 8:03am
mx836 wrote:
Katoomey wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
Nailed it. Pot heads will never agree. But nobody likes to admit they are wrong and will fight you till they are blue in the face
I bet most of you dogging on weed, drink alcohol.
The irony is thick in this one.
10/31/2016 8:02am
mx836 wrote:
Katoomey wrote:

That was on point
10/31/2016 8:07am
Katoomey wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
I bet most of you dogging on weed, drink alcohol.
The irony is thick in this one.
Yeah, somewhat true but until weed is legal here in all states we can still beg to differ. Honestly though who cares, vital's gotta stop going political and shit
MxRyder
11/1/2016 6:15am
how many times have we seen JH get a descent start and as everyone in the top15 come running him down from the back he just pulls off the track....not a fan....never have been, talented rider for sure....but a110%quitter......hes got his job now throwing whips..turndowns...and all the stuff thats become cool for the fans between motos.....focus on whats gonna get you paid....
mag23
11/1/2016 8:25am
MxRyder wrote:
how many times have we seen JH get a descent start and as everyone in the top15 come running him down from the back he just...
how many times have we seen JH get a descent start and as everyone in the top15 come running him down from the back he just pulls off the track....not a fan....never have been, talented rider for sure....but a110%quitter......hes got his job now throwing whips..turndowns...and all the stuff thats become cool for the fans between motos.....focus on whats gonna get you paid....
which races are you referring to?
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
11/1/2016 8:59am
Wow, impressive thread. Will not read again...
Krallang
11/1/2016 9:21am
Katoomey wrote:

mx836 wrote:
Spare me. Weed is not physically addicting, therefore anybody who lets it affect their life has other issues going on. Any habitual smoker could be compared...
Psychological addiction occurs in your brain and is a physical change so the distinction between psychological and physical addiction is completely arbitrary.

oldblood
11/1/2016 6:24pm
I'm just tellin ya. Anyway as to the original post, Josh's age. I took a dhma class in 1994, and Josh was there handing out water bottles, I'm guessing he was probably 10 or 12,but I'm just guessing, and that was a long time ago, although my memory hasn't been ruined,(by extra caricular activity ) so I'm probably close. At the class Donnie was very seriously explaining how to take a flat turn, and we were all listening intently, you could have heard a spoke wrench drop, then this low rider cruises by blaring "low rider",Donnie remains serious and sternly increases the volume of his voice to match the low rider,and we all lean in intent on learning. But finally it was too loud, Donnie cracked a grin and we all laughed our asses off,including Josh.
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
11/1/2016 8:29pm
I don't even like Hanny... But those of you who hate weed need to relax a little. Its just a plant. Everyone has their own choice of poison. Alcohol is much worse for society.

MxRyder
11/1/2016 9:17pm
MxRyder wrote:
how many times have we seen JH get a descent start and as everyone in the top15 come running him down from the back he just...
mag23 wrote:
which races are you referring to?
The last season he raced....he pulled off 3 times..it was early in the season...cant remember which races...but i do remember it was 3times..after he got a great start....then he didnt finish the season......i dont care to debate or argue about it,even the announcers made the comments. They down played it to a mechanical, with all the look backs over his shoulder that said enough.....riding in the hills/dunes and shooting commercials ...oppose to riding 3/4 days aweeks doing long motos....hes very talented...just the guys time has come to pass.....
Turbojez
11/2/2016 3:10am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2016 3:11am
Turbojez wrote:
It feels good to read a post that makes sense, thank you. Back on the subject, is Hanny going to race in 2017? If so, 450's...

Sorry for quoting my own post, but it seems like the thread has derailed and everyone skipped the question while debating whether smoking pot is good or not.

Any info on Hanny's plans for 2017?
JustMX
11/2/2016 4:29am
Turbojez wrote:
It feels good to read a post that makes sense, thank you. Back on the subject, is Hanny going to race in 2017? If so, 450's...

Turbojez wrote:
Sorry for quoting my own post, but it seems like the thread has derailed and everyone skipped the question while debating whether smoking pot is good...
Sorry for quoting my own post, but it seems like the thread has derailed and everyone skipped the question while debating whether smoking pot is good or not.

Any info on Hanny's plans for 2017?
I have inside information on josh's plans for 2017

Find better weed,

Oh, and race red bull straight rythm.
mxb2
11/2/2016 5:31am
Love the weed heads trying to justify smoking it, it's just a plant, alcohol is just as bad lol. Fyi it's illegal in most states. Not sure any state has an illegal alcohol law ,buying it or selling it.

Post a reply to: Josh Hansen

The Latest