Josh Greco

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2019 1:40 PM

What's the deal with this guy? Has he ever been in a supercross main event? Vault has no sx results and his moto results are in 30th to 40th place. He's been racing since what 2009? I thought I saw him at A1 in a motorhome. Supposely he is from So cal but does he race local?

|

2/9/2019 1:43 PM

More of central cali. Ripped on minis. Ive seen him from socal to Washington, and following the pro circuit everywhere.

|

2/9/2019 1:46 PM

Pretty sure he's made at least one main, and I know this year he's doing it on bare bones budget. He also does some endurocross racing as well, but as a shorter guy his height definitely holds him back there. I don't know if you're meaning to talk shit or not, but the guy is cool as hell and definitely doesn't deserve any crap.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

2/9/2019 2:05 PM

Greco was always at LACR when I would go out there growing up. The dude knows how to twist the throttle but never put it together in the pro ranks, but who cares he just loves riding and sends it.

|

2/9/2019 2:06 PM

Not trying to start trouble. Just amazed he has raced a decade. Someone needs to pay him to do a podcast to tell his story. Is he another stank dawg personality?

|

2/9/2019 2:44 PM

RexEasely wrote:

Not trying to start trouble. Just amazed he has raced a decade. Someone needs to pay him to do a podcast to tell his story. Is he another stank dawg personality?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXMEDR9bas&feature=share
Here is an interview from A1, seems like a cool dude.
If he likes to ride SX, then there is only one place to do it. Maybe he knows he won't make mains, but just likes riding new tracks every week and challenging himself.
Shit, I'm probably never going to win another race, but that doesn't stop me from lining up every weekend.

|

2/9/2019 2:53 PM

Hes a cool dude, if you see him at the race go talk to him. Ain't gotta be winning AMA pro races to be crazy fast. Besides he'll send all the big jumps just for the hell of it.

|

2/9/2019 2:58 PM

RexEasely wrote:

What's the deal with this guy? Has he ever been in a supercross main event? Vault has no sx results and his moto results are in 30th to 40th place. He's been racing since what 2009? I thought I saw him at A1 in a motorhome. Supposely he is from So cal but does he race local?

He has made the main event one time in 46 starts. That was 2012 Las Vegas.

|

2/9/2019 3:01 PM

|

2/9/2019 3:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2019 3:55 PM

Nice guy with a legendary mustache.

|

2/9/2019 3:55 PM

loftyair wrote:

More of central cali. Ripped on minis. Ive seen him from socal to Washington, and following the pro circuit everywhere.

Pretty sure he lives in Victorville now.

|

2/9/2019 4:01 PM

Btw yall remember this bike?
Photo

|

2/9/2019 4:22 PM

He’d whip my ass on an SX track every day of the week.

We need more Josh Greco’s.

|

2/9/2019 4:48 PM

I felt like growing up Greco was one of those kids that would have done well if the whole Mini Moto stuff really blew up into something legit. He was always really quick on those modded out BBR type bikes, but we know what happened with that scene.

|

2/11/2019 11:20 AM

meet him the Saturday night at he bar after the races, cool guy for sure, bought him a beer and shot the shit for a little while. dude is core moto and loves riding. seemed kind of surprised when I walked up and called him by name.

|

kcco

2/11/2019 12:39 PM

I’ve known josh for about 10 years since i first got into moto. Nicest guy ever. Basically he lives out of the van/ trailer/ motorhome (he changes it up every year) and goes from race to race. The dude is hard core. Follow him on Facebook and Instagram. He keeps everyone updated with what’s going on pretty good.

|

2/11/2019 12:49 PM

RexEasely wrote:

I’ve gotten a 13th in a lites west coast main several years ago when I rode for team Slaton , basically been on my own ever since and race 450 class cause it’s better pay , I don’t do as well in it but make more money to afford to keep doing it . Gotten a few 24th place Moto finishes in outdoors on bone stock bikes living out of my van on a top ramen budget so I feel I do pretty well with what I’m working with . Random guys don’t understand how gnarly it is just to make the fast 40 let alone riding driving and living on the road . But yeah anyone that wants to talk about riding and listen and learn a little more how it is out there just stop by at a race and get filled in sometime . .. social media is @ greco976

|

2/11/2019 12:56 PM

RexEasely wrote:

Greco976 wrote:

I’ve gotten a 13th in a lites west coast main several years ago when I rode for team Slaton , basically been on my own ever since and race 450 class cause it’s better pay , I don’t do as well in it but make more money to afford to keep doing it . Gotten a few 24th place Moto finishes in outdoors on bone stock bikes living out of my van on a top ramen budget so I feel I do pretty well with what I’m working with . Random guys don’t understand how gnarly it is just to make the fast 40 let alone riding driving and living on the road . But yeah anyone that wants to talk about riding and listen and learn a little more how it is out there just stop by at a race and get filled in sometime . .. social media is @ greco976

That's about as classy of a response as you could have for a thread like this.

|

2/11/2019 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2019 1:28 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

He’d whip my ass on an SX track every day of the week.

We need more Josh Greco’s.

We need more threads like this too. These guys are the basis of the sport. How fun would it be to watch a main event with only 10 heads on the gate.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

2/11/2019 1:52 PM

Greco976 wrote:

Well done. If your happy doing the grind go for it, you only get 1 shot at this, there will be some who are jealous so enjoy.

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

2/12/2019 9:03 PM

RexEasely wrote:

Greco976 wrote:

Josh thanks for responding. I wasn't trying to take a cheap shot at you. I didn't realize a privateer could make enough money to follow the circuit without making the mains each week. You are bad ass dude following the circuit for 10 years. Good luck to you and I plan to follow your progress this year.

|

2/12/2019 11:42 PM

I also remember years ago Josh getting the holeshot in a couple heat races and being out front, it was awesome

|

2/13/2019 2:35 AM

Young Mr. Greco, your current job is much better than your next one. Clock in, put on your hard hat and get busy. You've got a job to do. Now, get out there and do it as best you can.

|

2/13/2019 5:40 AM

Any rider that can qualify for an outdoor national or night show SX is a way better rider than the average fan knows... I wish the announcers would make that clear more often...

|