Josh Grant to Miss Opening Rounds of Pro Motocross

GD2
Fantasy
815th
Foothill Ranch, Calif. (May 15, 2018) – Monster Energy® Kawasaki rider Josh Grant will not compete at the opening rounds of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship while he continues to recover from earlier injuries. Grant fractured his right leg at Round 7 of the 2018 Monster Energy Supercross season and underwent surgery. After being re-evaluated this morning, it was determined the injury requires additional time to heal. Grant will return to racing as soon as possible.

“It’s unfortunate that I won’t be able to line up at the opening rounds of the outdoors,” said Grant. “I feel good, but I know I’m not at 100% yet. I would like to thank Monster Energy Kawasaki, Fly and Shoei for their endless support and I am looking forward to getting back out there and battling.”
|
BB67
5/15/2018 9:23am
paging MR. Mookie.
mb60
5/15/2018 9:58am
Seems every season this guy is hurt or missing from the races. You would think Kawasaki would have a open spot next year.

The Shop

jenssog
5/15/2018 10:44am
In goes the Bear!!!
Doesn't he have a broken leg from his Barcia-incident? But yes, he would be an obvious choice.
bowser977
5/15/2018 10:47am
Sucks for Grant, was hoping he would be ready. Bet he is burnt if he can't make Glen Helen.
mauidex
5/15/2018 10:47am
announcing this 3 days before the race kinda odd..............doesn't seem like they are in any desperation for a fill in??
tek14
5/15/2018 10:50am
Mookies is fishing and left phone home Sad
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/15/2018 10:53am
I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in, he wants all in.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
5/15/2018 10:54am
bummed for Grant. Would've like to see him get a year or two without any injuries for once.
500guy
5/15/2018 11:00am
mauidex wrote:
announcing this 3 days before the race kinda odd..............doesn't seem like they are in any desperation for a fill in??
He went to the Dr hoping to be cleared but the Dr said not ready.

Not real hard to figure out.
500guy
5/15/2018 11:01am
GuyB wrote:
I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in...
I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in, he wants all in.
that's a played out tune, He isn't really interested we all get it.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/15/2018 11:31am
That sucks two of his three best tracks are the first two of the year.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
5/15/2018 11:46am
GuyB wrote:
I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in...
500guy wrote:
that's a played out tune, He isn't really interested we all get it.
It’s true, that’s a major cop out
plowboy
5/15/2018 7:11pm
Sucks for Josh....he really rips at Glen Helen. Heal up buddy.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/15/2018 7:24pm
GuyB wrote:
The best way to get a ride is to put out a little effort.
Sitting at home isn’t going to increase his chances of a ride, getting a good result as a fill in rider wouldn’t hurt
plowboy
5/15/2018 7:26pm
GuyB wrote:
KennyT wrote:
The best way to get a ride is to put out a little effort. Sitting at home isn’t going to increase his chances of a ride...
Sitting at home isn’t going to increase his chances of a ride, getting a good result as a fill in rider wouldn’t hurt
For a "regular" privateer you'd be right. Mookie rides a different trail.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/15/2018 8:06pm
GuyB wrote:
KennyT wrote:
The best way to get a ride is to put out a little effort. Sitting at home isn’t going to increase his chances of a ride...
plowboy wrote:
I wish he would ride the trail to Hangtown. The guys top 5 material and it’s a shame he may be sitting it out
jeffro503
5/15/2018 8:25pm
KennyT wrote:
plowboy wrote:
KennyT wrote:
I wish he would ride the trail to Hangtown. The guys top 5 material and it’s a shame he may be sitting it out
I agree. The whole thing is literally staring him right in the face!

get ona factory bike , make an impression....and guess what? Good things happen. Sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring , to do an entire season doesn't really happen to often. In fact , I don't think taking 3 years off , and then waiting for the phone to ring happens to often either.

So....if he doesn't race Hangtown.....he won't race any of them? Even Uptite mentioned that he was offered a ride , with bonus money....and still turned it down. Doesn't seem to excited to get back out there if you ask me.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
5/15/2018 9:25pm
plowboy wrote:
KennyT wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree. The whole thing is literally staring him right in the face! get ona factory bike , make an impression....and guess what? Good things happen...
I agree. The whole thing is literally staring him right in the face!

get ona factory bike , make an impression....and guess what? Good things happen. Sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring , to do an entire season doesn't really happen to often. In fact , I don't think taking 3 years off , and then waiting for the phone to ring happens to often either.

So....if he doesn't race Hangtown.....he won't race any of them? Even Uptite mentioned that he was offered a ride , with bonus money....and still turned it down. Doesn't seem to excited to get back out there if you ask me.
Bingo.

Post a reply to: Josh Grant to Miss Opening Rounds of Pro Motocross

The Latest