Josh Grant to Miss Opening Rounds of Pro Motocross

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2018 8:48 AM

Foothill Ranch, Calif. (May 15, 2018) – Monster Energy® Kawasaki rider Josh Grant will not compete at the opening rounds of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship while he continues to recover from earlier injuries. Grant fractured his right leg at Round 7 of the 2018 Monster Energy Supercross season and underwent surgery. After being re-evaluated this morning, it was determined the injury requires additional time to heal. Grant will return to racing as soon as possible.

“It’s unfortunate that I won’t be able to line up at the opening rounds of the outdoors,” said Grant. “I feel good, but I know I’m not at 100% yet. I would like to thank Monster Energy Kawasaki, Fly and Shoei for their endless support and I am looking forward to getting back out there and battling.”

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

5/15/2018 9:12 AM

This is not outstandable!

|

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

5/15/2018 9:23 AM

paging MR. Mookie.

|

5/15/2018 9:58 AM

Seems every season this guy is hurt or missing from the races. You would think Kawasaki would have a open spot next year.

|

5/15/2018 10:26 AM

In goes the Bear!!!

|

Did i do that?

5/15/2018 10:44 AM

Travis_Hudson wrote:

In goes the Bear!!!

Doesn't he have a broken leg from his Barcia-incident? But yes, he would be an obvious choice.

|

5/15/2018 10:47 AM

Sucks for Grant, was hoping he would be ready. Bet he is burnt if he can't make Glen Helen.

|

5/15/2018 10:47 AM

announcing this 3 days before the race kinda odd..............doesn't seem like they are in any desperation for a fill in??

|

5/15/2018 10:50 AM

Mookies is fishing and left phone home sad

|

5/15/2018 10:53 AM

I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in, he wants all in.

|

5/15/2018 10:54 AM

bummed for Grant. Would've like to see him get a year or two without any injuries for once.

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

5/15/2018 11:00 AM

mauidex wrote:

announcing this 3 days before the race kinda odd..............doesn't seem like they are in any desperation for a fill in??

He went to the Dr hoping to be cleared but the Dr said not ready.

Not real hard to figure out.

|

5/15/2018 11:01 AM

GuyB wrote:

I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in, he wants all in.

that's a played out tune, He isn't really interested we all get it.

|

5/15/2018 11:31 AM

That sucks two of his three best tracks are the first two of the year.

|

5/15/2018 11:46 AM

GuyB wrote:

I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in, he wants all in.

500guy wrote:

that's a played out tune, He isn't really interested we all get it.

It’s true, that’s a major cop out

|



5/15/2018 6:59 PM

HORRIBLE NEWS!!

Thanks for sharing, though.

|

5/15/2018 7:11 PM

Sucks for Josh....he really rips at Glen Helen. Heal up buddy.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/15/2018 7:24 PM

GuyB wrote:

I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in, he wants all in.

The best way to get a ride is to put out a little effort.
Sitting at home isn’t going to increase his chances of a ride, getting a good result as a fill in rider wouldn’t hurt

|

5/15/2018 7:26 PM

GuyB wrote:

I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in, he wants all in.

KennyT wrote:

The best way to get a ride is to put out a little effort.
Sitting at home isn’t going to increase his chances of a ride, getting a good result as a fill in rider wouldn’t hurt

For a "regular" privateer you'd be right. Mookie rides a different trail.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/15/2018 7:47 PM

Chad Reed wants some outdoor action

|

5/15/2018 8:06 PM

GuyB wrote:

I talked with Mookie a few races ago, and he was interested in riding the Nationals...but not for just one or two races. If he's in, he wants all in.

KennyT wrote:

The best way to get a ride is to put out a little effort.
Sitting at home isn’t going to increase his chances of a ride, getting a good result as a fill in rider wouldn’t hurt

plowboy wrote:

For a "regular" privateer you'd be right. Mookie rides a different trail.

I wish he would ride the trail to Hangtown. The guys top 5 material and it’s a shame he may be sitting it out

|

5/15/2018 8:25 PM

KennyT wrote:

The best way to get a ride is to put out a little effort.
Sitting at home isn’t going to increase his chances of a ride, getting a good result as a fill in rider wouldn’t hurt

plowboy wrote:

For a "regular" privateer you'd be right. Mookie rides a different trail.

KennyT wrote:

I wish he would ride the trail to Hangtown. The guys top 5 material and it’s a shame he may be sitting it out

I agree. The whole thing is literally staring him right in the face!

get ona factory bike , make an impression....and guess what? Good things happen. Sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring , to do an entire season doesn't really happen to often. In fact , I don't think taking 3 years off , and then waiting for the phone to ring happens to often either.

So....if he doesn't race Hangtown.....he won't race any of them? Even Uptite mentioned that he was offered a ride , with bonus money....and still turned it down. Doesn't seem to excited to get back out there if you ask me.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/15/2018 9:25 PM

plowboy wrote:

For a "regular" privateer you'd be right. Mookie rides a different trail.

KennyT wrote:

I wish he would ride the trail to Hangtown. The guys top 5 material and it’s a shame he may be sitting it out

jeffro503 wrote:

I agree. The whole thing is literally staring him right in the face!

get ona factory bike , make an impression....and guess what? Good things happen. Sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring , to do an entire season doesn't really happen to often. In fact , I don't think taking 3 years off , and then waiting for the phone to ring happens to often either.

So....if he doesn't race Hangtown.....he won't race any of them? Even Uptite mentioned that he was offered a ride , with bonus money....and still turned it down. Doesn't seem to excited to get back out there if you ask me.

Bingo.

|

Did i do that?