Josh Grant riding sx?

mxmaniac
Edited Date/Time 1/13/2016 12:10pm
I was wondering if Josh Grant is riding sx? Is he injured and missed A1 or not riding any rounds?
|
mxmaniac
1/12/2016 12:44am
Thanks mate, it's a shame his not in the mix.
Like watching Josh ride. Hope he comes down to Australia before his completely finished.
struth
1/12/2016 3:04am
Hoping he gets a ride in mxgp or even in Australia.
You would thing a team in Canada would pick him up
Crush
1/12/2016 3:11am
Waiting?

I don't know man. I'd have liked to have seen him try get something together. I know it's super hard, risky, expensive etc, but it's gotta make getting a fill in position easier doesn't it?

The Shop

mxdude105
1/12/2016 3:19am
I don't blame Josh for sitting out when he hasn't been offered a ride, especially considering he was never that good at SX to begin with. If I were him, I'd keep myself fit and ready to go hoping for an outdoor fill-in ride. A factory rider is bound to get injured at some point and he would make a good summer substitute.
bobby397
1/12/2016 3:24am
mxdude105 wrote:
I don't blame Josh for sitting out when he hasn't been offered a ride, especially considering he was never that good at SX to begin with...
I don't blame Josh for sitting out when he hasn't been offered a ride, especially considering he was never that good at SX to begin with. If I were him, I'd keep myself fit and ready to go hoping for an outdoor fill-in ride. A factory rider is bound to get injured at some point and he would make a good summer substitute.
Never that good at SX? Very few are ever able to win a supercross race....
1/12/2016 3:25am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 7:31pm
I've seen josh haul so much ass at red bud, but no matter how many opportunities he's had it's never quite clicked for him. Seems like a stand out " Fill in rider. " for any team, Suzuki would do well to put him on the bike for a few rounds if he will ride for free... No one else has the talent that he does without a ride currently.
fidiot
1/12/2016 4:55am
Agree that if I was a manager and needed a fill in rider, he would be my first choice.
mmain62
1/12/2016 5:04am
I Like Josh hell he was my first Pro autograph ever and was super nice while signing it and everything. Dude hauls ass but like the guy said earlier he has had a lot of chances on almost every brand and it seems like big teams are going after younger talent. I believe Josh could still be a top 5-10 guy as well as Brett Metcalfe but nobody in the states at least wants to give them a chance.
1/12/2016 6:13am
mmain62 wrote:
I Like Josh hell he was my first Pro autograph ever and was super nice while signing it and everything. Dude hauls ass but like the...
I Like Josh hell he was my first Pro autograph ever and was super nice while signing it and everything. Dude hauls ass but like the guy said earlier he has had a lot of chances on almost every brand and it seems like big teams are going after younger talent. I believe Josh could still be a top 5-10 guy as well as Brett Metcalfe but nobody in the states at least wants to give them a chance.
is that the cost of " having your chance. " so to say? both of those guys could be top ten riders easily but without other things going for them, image, team history etc that keep guys like brayton and tickle in demand there isn't much pull for them amongst the top tier teams. I think what filthy phil is doing with jgr is a great example of what some of these types of riders could get going on for them, if only more teams opened up more to forward thinking approaches.
mxb2
1/12/2016 6:28am
As a manager or sponsor, self motivation would catch my eye. Grants a great talent but sitting around waiting for a ride isnt really a great idea imo. Buy a few bikes, suspension, engine work get a few top 10 s, old saying goes gotta spend $$ to make $$.
Flip109
1/12/2016 6:31am
Sucks. He's always been one of my fav riders to watch. Awesome style.
davistld01
1/12/2016 6:44am
mxb2 wrote:
As a manager or sponsor, self motivation would catch my eye. Grants a great talent but sitting around waiting for a ride isnt really a great...
As a manager or sponsor, self motivation would catch my eye. Grants a great talent but sitting around waiting for a ride isnt really a great idea imo. Buy a few bikes, suspension, engine work get a few top 10 s, old saying goes gotta spend $$ to make $$.
I think it's amazing that guys like (no offense to any of these guys) Chiz & Albertson (and Wey until he retired) seem to get bikes & rides although they are far from top-10 shoo-ins...but a guy like Josh Grant, who has won Supercrosses & Outdoor Nationals can't get a ticket. Say all you want about Grant (we've all dropped the ball a time or two), but that doesn't make any sense to me.

You'd think that somebody would make room for the guy on a great team and on a bike that suits his level of talent.
hvaughn88
1/12/2016 6:50am
mxb2 wrote:
As a manager or sponsor, self motivation would catch my eye. Grants a great talent but sitting around waiting for a ride isnt really a great...
davistld01 wrote:
I think it's amazing that guys like (no offense to any of these guys) Chiz & Albertson (and Wey until he retired) seem to get bikes...
I think it's amazing that guys like (no offense to any of these guys) Chiz & Albertson (and Wey until he retired) seem to get bikes & rides although they are far from top-10 shoo-ins...but a guy like Josh Grant, who has won Supercrosses & Outdoor Nationals can't get a ticket. Say all you want about Grant (we've all dropped the ball a time or two), but that doesn't make any sense to me.

You'd think that somebody would make room for the guy on a great team and on a bike that suits his level of talent.
There's a pretty common denominator with Wey, Albertson and Chiz. They are extremely likable and do tons of media spots. I don't mean that as a knock on Grant, just pointing it out. If I had a team, a rider that fans like and hear from often would be more valuable than race results.
Olson
1/12/2016 6:56am
hvaughn88 wrote:
There's a pretty common denominator with Wey, Albertson and Chiz. They are extremely likable and do tons of media spots. I don't mean that as a...
There's a pretty common denominator with Wey, Albertson and Chiz. They are extremely likable and do tons of media spots. I don't mean that as a knock on Grant, just pointing it out. If I had a team, a rider that fans like and hear from often would be more valuable than race results.
This. Also none of those guys have been on a factory bike in a while and have learned how to build up a relationship to individual sponsors and work for their contracts. How willing is Grant to walk that extra mile Albertson and Chisholm is prior to every season just to be out there?
slipdog
1/12/2016 7:14am
I'm pretty sure nobody told Josh he couldn't sign up for A1. Last I saw he had an RMZ450 and the entry fee is $300-$350 so looks like it was Josh's choice to watch from the stands to me.
brocster
1/12/2016 7:19am
slipdog wrote:
I'm pretty sure nobody told Josh he couldn't sign up for A1. Last I saw he had an RMZ450 and the entry fee is $300-$350 so...
I'm pretty sure nobody told Josh he couldn't sign up for A1. Last I saw he had an RMZ450 and the entry fee is $300-$350 so looks like it was Josh's choice to watch from the stands to me.
crazy to think that a top 20 guy would have to do that

lets not forget his financial troubles a few years back and after somewhat of a rebound I would be reluctant to pay my own way as well. especially given that I am a top 20 guy...
machine
1/12/2016 7:36am
Crush wrote:
Waiting? I don't know man. I'd have liked to have seen him try get something together. I know it's super hard, risky, expensive etc, but it's...
Waiting?

I don't know man. I'd have liked to have seen him try get something together. I know it's super hard, risky, expensive etc, but it's gotta make getting a fill in position easier doesn't it?
That's code for waiting for someone to get injured, so he can get a phone call...lol
mxb2
1/12/2016 7:38am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 7:39am
slipdog wrote:
I'm pretty sure nobody told Josh he couldn't sign up for A1. Last I saw he had an RMZ450 and the entry fee is $300-$350 so...
Boom, and i am a Grant fan. ,motivation.
machine
1/12/2016 7:41am
mxb2 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
I think it's amazing that guys like (no offense to any of these guys) Chiz & Albertson (and Wey until he retired) seem to get bikes...

hvaughn88 wrote:
There's a pretty common denominator with Wey, Albertson and Chiz. They are extremely likable and do tons of media spots. I don't mean that as a...
Yep, Josh aligned himself with the Metal Mulisha boys back in the day. There are are consequences in life for everything you do. Throwing gang signs at the camera every time he got the chance, doesn't help him now.
davistld01
1/12/2016 8:13am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 8:15am
mxb2 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
Yeah, I get that...but Grant seems to have a lot of fans, and most I've read about him seems to say that he's a pretty good guy. Perhaps Josh is thinking that his results should speak louder than the potential sponsors he's romanced or the number of social media posts he's made over the last few years "trolling" for followers...
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/12/2016 8:31am
Josh Grant would be
Awsome to have on the Q&A
For a week
hvaughn88
1/12/2016 8:34am
davistld01 wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Yeah, I get that...but Grant seems to have a lot of fans, and most I've read about him seems to say that he's a pretty good...
Yeah, I get that...but Grant seems to have a lot of fans, and most I've read about him seems to say that he's a pretty good guy. Perhaps Josh is thinking that his results should speak louder than the potential sponsors he's romanced or the number of social media posts he's made over the last few years "trolling" for followers...
I do have to ask, though, outside of the guys that are battling for the championship, do results really even matter that much (from a sponsor standpoint)? They may. I have no idea. I've never sponsored a race team. Just seems like going on shows like Pulp, or doing interviews, etc. would get more eyeballs for your brand.
mb60
1/12/2016 9:35am
slipdog wrote:
I'm pretty sure he has some outside sponsors that would help him. He has the bike and could have went and put his name out there. Sorry but that is no excuse for sitting on the sideline and doing nothing.
Question
1/12/2016 9:43am

I am quite mad for him because he did great last year with Reed.
In this sport, I do not get why "fill in riders" or "wild cards" don't get more contract safety, like Nicoletti does for JGR.
Maybe the sponsors need to review some contractual obligations to make sure their bikes are out there.
1/12/2016 7:33pm
slipdog wrote:
He's probably at a point in life, with racing where he's content with it. He's put in a lot of years, had some great rides, some bad rides, injuries, success, made good money... just at a point of " letting it be. " enjoying himself and his family.

we're the ones who want to see him out there, if he really wanted it he would be.

I Think that's the best way to go out, on your own terms and confident and happy with your decision. We've seen to many riders chasing the dream winding up hurting themselves or making other sacrifices that don't pay off in the end.
Crush
1/12/2016 7:38pm
Crush wrote:
Waiting? I don't know man. I'd have liked to have seen him try get something together. I know it's super hard, risky, expensive etc, but it's...
Waiting?

machine wrote:
That's code for waiting for someone to get injured, so he can get a phone call...lol
Yeah... He just seems like he was in a super similar position to Jake Weimer... And well...
Titan1
1/12/2016 8:18pm
Man, there is honestly no reason he's not racing other than he doesn't want too...I'm sure he could get a shop to give (or borrow) a bike for the season...with his talent I'm sure he could get all the parts he'd need to build a solid race bike FOR FREE, and probably get some companies to cover travel expenses.

He wouldn't be making a salary, but he'd at least be out there racing and showing teams he wants to be there...be in front of the teams faces (out of sight out of mind).

This is coming from a guy who spends thousands of dollars every year to race dirt bikes...so I just don't understand how a guy like Grant-who could get everything he needs for free-isn't out there racing? I just don't understand...
mxb2
1/12/2016 8:24pm
Titan1 wrote:
Man, there is honestly no reason he's not racing other than he doesn't want too...I'm sure he could get a shop to give (or borrow) a...
Man, there is honestly no reason he's not racing other than he doesn't want too...I'm sure he could get a shop to give (or borrow) a bike for the season...with his talent I'm sure he could get all the parts he'd need to build a solid race bike FOR FREE, and probably get some companies to cover travel expenses.

He wouldn't be making a salary, but he'd at least be out there racing and showing teams he wants to be there...be in front of the teams faces (out of sight out of mind).

This is coming from a guy who spends thousands of dollars every year to race dirt bikes...so I just don't understand how a guy like Grant-who could get everything he needs for free-isn't out there racing? I just don't understand...
Motivation .some have more than others.

Post a reply to: Josh Grant riding sx?

The Latest