Josh Grant Crash Photos and Video | Chained Snapped!

ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/8/2022 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2022 10:54pm
Wow, this does not look fun! BRUTAL crash for Josh Grant when his chain let go and someone got photos of the incident.

Motohead on Facebook caught the photos, give them a follow.

|
Skuzzy29
10/8/2022 3:39pm
It says he walked away but the end of the broadcast showed a quick clip of him falling down while walking. Looked like possibly a concussion type of stagger.
3N1MX
10/8/2022 3:51pm
Hate thinking of that possibility happening for any of these guys, thankful he is ok for the most part
MX304
Fantasy
3704th
10/8/2022 4:46pm
Skuzzy29 wrote:
It says he walked away but the end of the broadcast showed a quick clip of him falling down while walking. Looked like possibly a concussion...
It says he walked away but the end of the broadcast showed a quick clip of him falling down while walking. Looked like possibly a concussion type of stagger.
On his IG he said he had a concussion from it, but otherwise okay.
FerCzD
10/8/2022 6:34pm
Another reason to remove FMX kickers out of the race imagine this happening on the face of those ramps

The Shop

22Ryann
Fantasy
3989th
10/8/2022 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 10/8/2022 7:07pm
FerCzD wrote:
Another reason to remove FMX kickers out of the race imagine this happening on the face of those ramps
Lol, what would be the difference be with a dirt hit?
wildbill
10/8/2022 10:55pm
Glad he's okay. Relatively, for us that do this shit.
cbunt44
Fantasy
741st
10/8/2022 10:57pm
FerCzD wrote:
what's the difference between that and a triple face??
SlackBoy
10/9/2022 2:04am
FerCzD wrote:
cbunt44 wrote:
what's the difference between that and a triple face??
It's different and change is scary and I don't understand it!!
felpro
10/9/2022 2:10am
Wow!! Great capture!! You don't see that everyday . . .
CPR
10/9/2022 3:08am
The vid of Reedy’s crash looks like a mechanical too, not a good day out under the MDK tent.
10/9/2022 4:37am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2022 4:40am
Rough day at the Vet World Championship of Supercross. If I remember correctly, the last big race Josh did was at the 2 stroke race at Glen Helen and he got cross jumped by Josh Mosiman and hit the ground even harder.
Snapper
10/9/2022 5:26am
I saw it, that was a hard slam. He didn't look good straight after and somehow walked off. Tough guy for sure.
rawjahdesigns
10/9/2022 6:00am
Man, I hope Josh got paid.... Do all that, get ready, just for that. That better be a 60-100k weekend for him from the team at minimum imo.
beamer
10/9/2022 6:19am
Ellie mentioned Chads bike cut out. Wondering what would actually be the cause of that. Back in the Carburetor days I could see it but what would cause on a modern bike ?
Bad deal for both of them for sure.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/9/2022 6:30am
beamer wrote:
Ellie mentioned Chads bike cut out. Wondering what would actually be the cause of that. Back in the Carburetor days I could see it but what...
Ellie mentioned Chads bike cut out. Wondering what would actually be the cause of that. Back in the Carburetor days I could see it but what would cause on a modern bike ?
A few teams were having problems with the fuel spec they had to run at this race. FIM Spec fuel isn't the best for Supercross use. Doesn't burn quickly, down on power, etc.

BUD Team had tons of issues with their 250s cutting out, gurgling, etc.

I know a couple US-based groups who didn't have much to any time with the fuel spec.

And now...a few of these teams have to run an entirely different spec in Australia because one of the main fuel supplier's FIM spec can't be imported into Aus! So they have to run a lower spec than what they were just on.
Zycki11
10/9/2022 6:46am
No sell out crowd, riders paid but unhappy. OEMs wanting no part, writing is on the wall
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/9/2022 7:04am
Zycki11 wrote:
No sell out crowd, riders paid but unhappy. OEMs wanting no part, writing is on the wall
Rome wasn't built in a day.
beamer
10/9/2022 8:02am
So what is the repercussions of running your own fuel ? DQ’d (big deal ), won’t be shown listed in results ( again big deal )
Especially for someone like Reed or Grant just here basically for fun.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
10/9/2022 8:30am
beamer wrote:
So what is the repercussions of running your own fuel ? DQ’d (big deal ), won’t be shown listed in results ( again big deal )...
So what is the repercussions of running your own fuel ? DQ’d (big deal ), won’t be shown listed in results ( again big deal )
Especially for someone like Reed or Grant just here basically for fun.
I certainly won't claim to be any kind of an expert on the subject, far from it. But in my mind, 450's in SX have more than enough power bone stock + exhaust system + good ECU mapping to get an elite rider "competitive" in one of these races with a commonly available fuel. I think its more important/critical to be able to get the power to the ground. For safety reasons, FIM might want to fix this issue as well. Not a good look with any riders let alone a HOF rider getting hurt.
hubbardmx50
10/9/2022 10:51am
Hope he's okay. Man, why don't these teams run stronger O-Ring chains? Especially on 450s.
McG194
10/9/2022 11:16am
Zycki11 wrote:
What would possess a fan of moto to want to see a new moto serries fail? I just don't get it.
Zycki11
10/9/2022 1:44pm
Zycki11 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Rome wasn't built in a day.
It may not have been built in a day but it had continued support. I hope that it succeeds I just don’t foresee it happening due to outside factors. I hope I am wrong.
Flatliner
10/9/2022 3:18pm
Zycki11 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
What would possess a fan of moto to want to see a new moto serries fail? I just don't get it.
I sure dont.

But how many professional sports have multiple, competitive leagues. Its definitely going to be a tough go. Two races just flat out isn't a series, and without oem support, it will fail, no question.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
10/9/2022 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2022 5:47pm
beamer wrote:
Ellie mentioned Chads bike cut out. Wondering what would actually be the cause of that. Back in the Carburetor days I could see it but what...
ML512 wrote:
A few teams were having problems with the fuel spec they had to run at this race. FIM Spec fuel isn't the best for Supercross use...
A few teams were having problems with the fuel spec they had to run at this race. FIM Spec fuel isn't the best for Supercross use. Doesn't burn quickly, down on power, etc.

I know a couple US-based groups who didn't have much to any time with the fuel spec.

And now...a few of these teams have to run an entirely different spec in Australia because one of the main fuel supplier's FIM spec can't be imported into Aus! So they have to run a lower spec than what they were just on.
i would have thought Bud would have been a team with plenty of time on that fuel,

MXMattii
10/9/2022 4:31pm
beamer wrote:
ML512 wrote:
A few teams were having problems with the fuel spec they had to run at this race. FIM Spec fuel isn't the best for Supercross use...

The strange thing is that BUD is racing a lot of French and European Supercrosses for a very long time now with FIM Spec. fuel, that is weird to me...
McG194
10/9/2022 4:58pm
Zycki11 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
I sure dont. But how many professional sports have multiple, competitive leagues. Its definitely going to be a tough go. Two races just flat out isn't...
I sure dont.

But how many professional sports have multiple, competitive leagues. Its definitely going to be a tough go. Two races just flat out isn't a series, and without oem support, it will fail, no question.
It's multiple competitive leagues the way Indy Car and F1 are competitive leagues in open wheel auto racing. Only in this case the American based series has all the best riders in the world.
MXMattii
10/9/2022 5:09pm
Zycki11 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
I sure dont. But how many professional sports have multiple, competitive leagues. Its definitely going to be a tough go. Two races just flat out isn't...
I sure dont.

Bigger sports have sometimes multiple competitive leagues. But we're a niche sport and it seems like every damn time someone wants to create some changes, everyone on both sides gets into his "you're the enemy" position.

WSX has A LOT of financial backing, a bit like that new golf series. Just imagine them working together with renowned partners. But it seems like they aren't open to it. For example they want to go for arenas bigger than the U-Arena/Arena 92 (the new arena where the Paris Supercross found his new home) but that means you pushes all existing European Supercrosses to the side, because that arena has a capacity of 32000 people. Perhaps the enormous financial support also causes megalomania.
mx317
10/9/2022 5:40pm
Hope he's okay. Man, why don't these teams run stronger O-Ring chains? Especially on 450s.
You know most o ring chains are rated a lower tensile strength than a non o-ring. They last longer but are weaker.
cwtoyota
10/9/2022 6:40pm
beamer wrote:
ML512 wrote:

That sounds like an absolute nightmare for the teams.

Are the better race fuels (that we get here in the USA) available in Europe, or are they banned due to EU/government regulations?

If they're legal and available it seems like the FIM would allow the good shit for Supercross where a bog can end a guy's career.
adams189
10/9/2022 6:53pm
McG194 wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
I sure dont.

McG194 wrote:
It's multiple competitive leagues the way Indy Car and F1 are competitive leagues in open wheel auto racing. Only in this case the American based series...
It's multiple competitive leagues the way Indy Car and F1 are competitive leagues in open wheel auto racing. Only in this case the American based series has all the best riders in the world.
Besides France and Australia there are not many other Countries that have a lot of Supercross riders. That is why the series will be so dependent on American riders to have a “competitive” series. More racing and more opportunities for riders and teams is not a bad thing. I do not want to see anyone get hurt, I do want to watch racing and have good competition. For people that are wanting to see this fail, why?

Post a reply to: Josh Grant Crash Photos and Video | Chained Snapped!

The Latest