Josh Gilbert wins the Patchquick Trophy in the UK

andyyam
Edited Date/Time 6/25/2022 4:33am
After having a go at a couple of rounds of the AMA Nationals Josh Gilbert returned to the UK and won the Patchquick Trophy last night. The Patchquick Trophy is one of the UKs oldest and most expensive trophies, it was first raced for in 1934.
|
Bruce372
6/23/2022 4:30pm
1948, no event, no petrol.

2023, no event, no petrol???
andyyam
6/23/2022 11:23pm
Bruce372 wrote:
1948, no event, no petrol.

2023, no event, no petrol???
There's plenty of petrol, we just can't afford it Woohoo

The Shop

Richy
6/23/2022 11:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2022 12:04am
andyyam wrote:
There's plenty of petrol, we just can't afford it Woohoo
Buy direct, pay in roubles/turnips/social credits 😂

You know if Josh is racing Cusses Gorse this weekend?
CPR
6/24/2022 4:11am
1982- Dave Thorpe
2003- Dave Thorpe!
Jeffery_Cutty
6/24/2022 2:28pm
That makes for a cool story, looking forward to seeing him back later this summer!
philG
6/24/2022 4:09pm
Congrats to Josh, a nice thing to get your name on that .

Interesting to see Malcolm Dearn , who was winner in 1969.

I raced against him, in 1996 ish, and he kicked my arse, and he was the age i am now... he had a triple heart bypass too

It used to draw a huge crowd , and a massive prize fund off the back of it.

One of the few races that has managed to survive, there used to be loads like this.

Cambridgeshire Grand National used to run Whit Monday i think, day after British Champs , GP boys lining up against local experts was always great.. i rode it one year as a lone 4 stroke .Never went so fast and finished 32nd LOL

andyyam
6/25/2022 3:24am
philG wrote:
Congrats to Josh, a nice thing to get your name on that . Interesting to see Malcolm Dearn , who was winner in 1969. I raced...

I raced against him, in 1996 ish, and he kicked my arse, and he was the age i am now... he had a triple heart bypass too

One of the few races that has managed to survive, there used to be loads like this.

Cambridgeshire Grand National used to run Whit Monday i think, day after British Champs , GP boys lining up against local experts was always great.. i rode it one year as a lone 4 stroke .Never went so fast and finished 32nd LOL

And the big one was always the Hants Grand International on Good Friday, the entry list always looked like a GP, shame what has happened to British motocross, it isn't what it was, as a lowly Junior class rider I can remember lining up against GP and British Championship winners at many meetings.
6/25/2022 4:17am
philG wrote:
Congrats to Josh, a nice thing to get your name on that . Interesting to see Malcolm Dearn , who was winner in 1969. I raced...

andyyam wrote:
And the big one was always the Hants Grand International on Good Friday, the entry list always looked like a GP, shame what has happened to...
And the big one was always the Hants Grand International on Good Friday, the entry list always looked like a GP, shame what has happened to British motocross, it isn't what it was, as a lowly Junior class rider I can remember lining up against GP and British Championship winners at many meetings.
Am I wrong in remembering an Oxford Grand National? Usually at Culham?
philG
6/25/2022 4:33am
philG wrote:

andyyam wrote:
And the big one was always the Hants Grand International on Good Friday, the entry list always looked like a GP, shame what has happened to...
Am I wrong in remembering an Oxford Grand National? Usually at Culham?
That would have been at Brill, a track that you either loved or hated on heathland , near Aylesbury .

Raced there loads, never liked it , even though i went ok there.

I rode at Hants Grand National in 1996, at Matchams, was a round of 4 stroke series it think, the whole of the south was flooded out, but it still ran, i ran top 10 till i missed the tide at the bottom , i got washed out by a wave in a water filled rut that ran all the way down the hill.

On the Monday we raced at Frome, another great track that seems not to get used much these days.

Post a reply to: Josh Gilbert wins the Patchquick Trophy in the UK

The Latest