Jorge Prado 61

ruy
1/4/2016 11:02am
Thanks GuyB !
mccread
1/11/2016 6:11am
JB479 wrote:
Im really excited for the EMX250 class next year. Quite a few up and coming riders who are racing it. Will be interesting to see how...
Im really excited for the EMX250 class next year.
Quite a few up and coming riders who are racing it. Will be interesting to see how there lap times fair against MX2.
It's going to be epic. Lawrence, Prado, Natzke, Renaux, Mewse. Those guys could probably be top ten speed in mx2.

Their speed in emx2 should be impressive and they will all push each other to go even faster. Can't wait.

Emx125 pretty stacked too.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/11/2016 6:57am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2016 6:58am
JB479 wrote:
Im really excited for the EMX250 class next year. Quite a few up and coming riders who are racing it. Will be interesting to see how...
Quite a few up and coming riders who are racing it. Will be interesting to see how there lap times fair against MX2.
mccread wrote:
It's going to be epic. Lawrence, Prado, Natzke, Renaux, Mewse. Those guys could probably be top ten speed in mx2. Their speed in emx2 should be...
It's going to be epic. Lawrence, Prado, Natzke, Renaux, Mewse. Those guys could probably be top ten speed in mx2.

Their speed in emx2 should be impressive and they will all push each other to go even faster. Can't wait.

Does Natzke race EMX250 next year?
My money would be on a showdown between Prado and Renaux.
Renaux would have won the 125 title this year had he not had that injury. And he's also only 15, just about half a year older than Prado.
It's gonna be good

The Shop

Prntscrn
1/11/2016 7:02am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2016 7:03am
Which of the emx250 guys from last year has stayed in the class? Östlund, more?
Some of these guys can give em a hard time too for sure
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/11/2016 7:10am
Prntscrn wrote:
Which of the emx250 guys from last year has stayed in the class? Östlund, more? Some of these guys can give em a hard time too...
Kouwenberg is the only one of the top guys from las tyear I believe

Maybe Thomas Kjer Olsen, Dercourt as well
Nic Adams will be good as well
RG1
1/11/2016 8:03am
JB479 wrote:
mccread wrote:
It's going to be epic. Lawrence, Prado, Natzke, Renaux, Mewse. Those guys could probably be top ten speed in mx2. Their speed in emx2 should be...

That's the biggest problem for me, 'Those guys could probably be top ten speed in MX2', that's exactly where they should be, in MX2. The EMX250 is great to watch and all, but there is 8-10 guys at least in there that should be in MX2. A young rider of Prado's ability is wasting his time in EMX250
Robgvx
1/11/2016 8:05am
JB479 wrote:
mccread wrote:

I can't figure out why we have a system where a) there are empty gates in MX2 but a bunch of EMX riders go home after failing to qualify, and b) why the EMX classes have riders faster than many of those in the main races.
RG1
1/11/2016 8:32am
Robgvx wrote:
I can't figure out why we have a system where a) there are empty gates in MX2 but a bunch of EMX riders go home after...
I can't figure out why we have a system where a) there are empty gates in MX2 but a bunch of EMX riders go home after failing to qualify, and b) why the EMX classes have riders faster than many of those in the main races.
Exactly, or why the MX2 class isn't run in the same way as the EMX250. You turn up and try and qualify
1/11/2016 1:06pm
One of the main reasons I signed up for the MXGP TV package this year is to watch the EMX series. I tend to find them races more exciting as the younger guys lay it on the line more often than not.
TSCHAM101
1/11/2016 1:09pm
this is gonna throw a wrench, but....
I cant wait to see this kid around the local socal tracks.
ruy
1/12/2016 10:48am
Last days in Cali

ruy
1/23/2016 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2016 1:07pm

Jorge Prado has arrived earlier this week from California, where he spent a couple of months training and Motoross Supercross. The first time I traveled to the US, and hopefully this is a point and followed the race for KTM rider / Red Bull.

You've been a couple of months or so in the US training and knowing the American lifestyle How was it?

Actually when we got the first two or three weeks I was doing motocross, for the coming month off before starting the MX Supercross made to take force. He did a good time in general and then started training Supercross was a little difficult, but then began to pick up pace, whenever I liked more !!. Right now I like much more than when I started, this is because I have a little more speed, jumps can do better and better spend dubbis. I have also trained a lot with the bike with my team pilots. A very nice experience.

What has brought you this trip in the sporting and personal level?

Well, we did very well in traveling to the US this year to see what life in this country, in my mind ever run there. And now we have seen such as Supercross and Motocross circuits. This has been very good to catch me more experience and be more hours on the bike.

It you traveled with your father (Jesus) Is it a trip to remember for a lifetime?

Yes, it's the first time I flew to U.S. Later my mother (Cristina) and my sister (Cecilia), who joined us three weeks in California, to spend Christmas and New Year joined.

Christmas has been different from other years, right?

Actually yes, for example in Europe the new year came earlier than in America, so for example, we take the time to eat grapes with my grandparents ... (jajajajajajajaja)

Have you changed your view of the AMA Supercross feel close to or the same?

When I went to Anaheim one surprised me !! It is smaller than it looks on TV, I thought it would be bigger, but really the spaces are smaller and it is very difficult to overtake. Not really how difficult it is to shoot and advance in those circuits can be seen. Jumps much I imagined well, maybe a little smaller and some larger dubbis.

How about with the drivers and circuits?

Okay, I was training with my teammates. With professional training Supercross riders (Shane McElrath, Jessy Nelson and Mitchell Oldenburg, KTM TLD) and the Motocross Amateur (Sean Cantrell among others ...). And I really came in handy, go very fast so I could get more pace, I did get my act together (jajajajajajaj). I had the opportunity to train with Shane McElrath because the wrist was broken, but if I could roll with Nelson and Oldenburg.

And with Ken Roczen and Ryan Dungey?

Well, Roczen passed through the circuit and I took a picture with him. Dungey And yes I was talking a little. It is a very professional pilot, physically very strong and is careful. For example, we did that day to eat barbecue in the circuit and he ate salad ... (ha ha ha), I like him. Anyway with Dungey did not talk much, but if Dean Wilson was more to him and is very good kid, very wound.

As you lived Anaheim 1 Did you notice any particular driver?

If, when he entered the track number 7 was the one where I noticed, but then as he went to ground, Ryan Dungey was pending, and Jason Anderson. Anderson especially going very strong and very fast too Chad Reed in dubbis. But the track was a bit strange because it had rained, it was a little strange ...... soft to compete.

After they arrived in California Anaheim Iker Larrañaga and Carlos Fernandez Macanás .....

Yes, after Larrañaga and Macanás Anaheim came to California, we spent two days training together Supercross in Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park. And then we went to San Diego, where they debuted in the AMA SX. The truth, to be the first race they did nothing wrong. What you have to do is pick up more experience, because it is not the same train Supercross to run, I think that is what they lack. It's like running a World Cup, are the best. It takes time to be at a good level in Supercross.

Have you noticed a difference between European and American motorcycles?

Well, I do not have very special motorcycle. Very little difference, which more suspensions. It is driving in Europe with softer and harder USA suspensions. And much tougher Supercross, suspensions are almost no drop, do not drop anything !!. They really are great for SX, because they give you a lot of confidence for jumps, and especially for dubbis are going very well. For the Motocross also have to go hard, because the circuits are very fast, if they are not abutting, this is what happened to me at first. In Europe circuits are softer and therefore have to go suspensions softer.

In 2017 you definitely go to live in USA?

We do not know, we have to see how it goes this season to finish well and depends on how everything goes. If all goes well and I'm training well with good pace I can debut there, do some Supercross race. But if it does not go quite right, we would stay in Europe for another year. Like to live not, but if competing in a race.

Earlier this week took a flight to Belgium, and you've had to change the fast chip, examinations, study, climate .....

Yes, we had to be at 20 ° to be at 0 ° or -1 ° and even to -8 in the morning. A big change from California to Belgium. Besides now I have to make up tests that I could do at the time. But the truth is that much being studied in California and now it took all day and I am very happy about that (jajajajajajaj).

What goals you set yourself for the EMX250 and the National MX2 in 2016?

In 2016 the Championship of Spain always the goal is to win, do my best and for the European Championship EMX250, as I do my best to gain experience and not be mistaken, it is the most important.

And finally, are you in full pre-season or play some rest?

This week comes from California so I took the slightly quieter, but I went cycling yesterday. This weekend we will go and train and then it begins the good, that is train (jajajajajaj)

For Nothing else, thank you for attending and see you in Albaida.

Thank you. Yes, we see in Albaida.

http://zoomextrem-motocross.com/index.php/70-inicio/3093-entrevista-jor…
ruy
1/24/2016 10:09am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2016 10:11am

Jorge is back to training in Lommel, good bye to Cali and see you next time, thanks a lot for all !! Ruy

ruy
2/5/2016 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2016 2:36pm
This year Jorge not running with number 61
¨The Danish rider Olsen runs it in this category and has priority over me so although we have tried, have to run the 32.¨
You can read all the interview before star racing
http://www.mxlarge.com/2016/02/05/jorge-prado-interview-3/

This week end star the 2016 racing in the spanish nationals
https://www.facebook.com/Jorge-Prado-61-Fans-Club-247143215358021/

ruy
2/6/2016 9:03am

The Rock
2/6/2016 9:39am
Great stuff! I've been a fan since Matterley Basin 2012
Motofinne
3/16/2016 2:15pm
I just wanted to bump this thread about Prado.

Interesting that he isn't using the Trax shock, only the CV forks. Is he pitting from the MX2 team in the EMX250 races or do the EMX250 team have an own program?

mx216
3/16/2016 2:30pm

3/16/2016 4:38pm
Prntscrn wrote:
Which of the emx250 guys from last year has stayed in the class? Östlund, more? Some of these guys can give em a hard time too...
The entry list for the 1st EMX round @ Valkenswaard has been released, a shocking total entries of 118 .. Thats insane. Imagine having that many for a GP ..!

http://docs.mxgp.com/tvinfo/2016_MXGP_of_Europe_EntryList_EMX250.pdf

I think we're gonna have a really competitive emx250 season, both Prado & Renaux are next level kids .. future stars i'd say.
Motofinne
3/22/2016 3:01pm
Yeah i was going to post that. Such a bummer...
vschaik141
3/22/2016 4:00pm
indeed such a bummer, it's a short season in emx250 title hopes destroyed. Was looking forward to see him ride again, but ill attend to more GPs this season. I didn't go to axel either it's such a long drive but he was looking good there for what eve seen and heard.
ruy
5/23/2016 3:49am
Prado racing next weekend in Talavera, Spain after his first podium in the last race EMX250 in Italy!
5/23/2016 11:06am
ruy wrote:
Prado racing next weekend in Talavera, Spain after his first podium in the last race EMX250 in Italy! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/23/136326/s1200_12716463_220432148304421_2083568353_n.jpg[/img]
Prado racing next weekend in Talavera, Spain after his first podium in the last race EMX250 in Italy!
You mean he will race in MX2 World Championship ?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
5/25/2016 1:09pm
If I understand it correctly he says that he will race the EMX series this year but he would also like to do a few MX2 GPs as well later in the year. Then after October they will be in the US again and in December they will decide if they stay there or return to Europe to race MX2.
He will actually turn 16 the week before A1 Cool

Post a reply to: Jorge Prado 61

The Latest