Jordan Jarvis

BernieMadof
Edited Date/Time 6/21/2019 12:51pm
Does she qualify for her first pro race tomorrow? Thoughts?
|
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/14/2019 12:42pm
Let’s hope so.
Would love to see a girl make the gate
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/14/2019 12:45pm
This is not to be negative but to simply answer the question, I’d say it’s highly unlikely she qualifies. But good for her for trying and whatever happens this weekend, I hope she learns from it and keeps going forward.
BernieMadof
6/14/2019 12:49pm
ML512 wrote:
This is not to be negative but to simply answer the question, I’d say it’s highly unlikely she qualifies. But good for her for trying and...
This is not to be negative but to simply answer the question, I’d say it’s highly unlikely she qualifies. But good for her for trying and whatever happens this weekend, I hope she learns from it and keeps going forward.
Is it for press then? Why not prep and be ready?

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2212th
6/14/2019 1:00pm
ML512 wrote:
This is not to be negative but to simply answer the question, I’d say it’s highly unlikely she qualifies. But good for her for trying and...
There's over 70 pre-entries. Alot of guys are not gonna make it too. She did the 125 race there last year and finished midpack but I don't know how that race really went for her. Good luck to her, I'll be pointing her out to my wife who thinks it's really cool women compete with men in motorcycle racing. We saw Shayna Texter win the Indy mile back in 2013 and my wife thought it was so awesome (so did I).
tcallahan707
6/14/2019 1:03pm
ML512 wrote:
There are dozens of dudes who show up each weekend with a pretty unrealistic shot at making it. Why don't they just go home and get faster first, you ask? Because it's fucking hard to qualify for a national. She isn't a factory level rider who is showing up unprepared. She's a chick who hauls ass and wants to push herself by competing against the best, just like all the other three digit guys.
6/14/2019 1:06pm
She wont be last...

This is first east coast race - always good turn out there - but I'll guess she is 50-55.

I DO believe if she sticks with this - she can make one.
slipdog
6/14/2019 1:06pm
With all respect, I haven't heard her name in a few years since she was on minibikes and the next fast girl that may challenge the boys. That's great and all but since then there has been no hype about the girl battling and winning against the boys at the Am Nationals, I see no way she is going to have the speed to be in the top 40.
Alex.434
6/14/2019 1:21pm
GET IT!

Just going for it is a huge accomplishment.
scrallex
6/14/2019 1:26pm
Because nothing is going to prepare a privateer to be ready to race on a track like that. The best experience you can get is to go and attempt to make it and see both how gnarly the track is and how far you're off. It's not a knock that she likely won't make it. It's a testament to just how raw the 40th person on the gate is.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
6/14/2019 1:36pm
She was at Gatorback regional 2 weekends ago. Shes not ready to qualify yet. Not trying to knock on her, but shes not even close to making it, yet.
Premixed112
6/14/2019 2:12pm
Got some real pessimists on here... Or realists. I can't tell which because I haven't seen her ride lately.

But I will say that her and Hannah Hodges have really impressive form and style on a bike from what I've seen in the past. Really aggressive/hanging off the back of the bike, and they seemed to have hung with the boys decently in some of the big amateur races. I'd love to see a girl do well in the pros, it would be great for our sport.
9bro9
6/14/2019 2:17pm
Qualifying or not, it's sick to see her put in the effort to take her craft to the next level in a male dominated sport. Wish her the best!
6/14/2019 2:40pm
I’m rooting for her. That would be pretty cool to see her qualify. Just like Vicky Golden in SX a few years back. Props to her for chasing her dreams. All these guys who race at this level are on a whole different level of fast
mb60
6/14/2019 2:42pm
Not even close.
motomike894
6/14/2019 2:46pm
She wont qualify, but she does rip, she wont be slowest person in the 250 class I guarantee that.
Moto331
6/14/2019 3:26pm
Has a woman ever qualified for a nat? Jessica Paterson maybe?
6/14/2019 3:42pm
slipdog wrote:
With all respect, I haven't heard her name in a few years since she was on minibikes and the next fast girl that may challenge the...
With all respect, I haven't heard her name in a few years since she was on minibikes and the next fast girl that may challenge the boys. That's great and all but since then there has been no hype about the girl battling and winning against the boys at the Am Nationals, I see no way she is going to have the speed to be in the top 40.
She has battled with the boys at freestone last year she was quite competitive in pro lap time wise

this year was further off - very similar competition so not sure why
Excaliburbmx
6/14/2019 3:50pm
I’m rooting for her. That would be pretty cool to see her qualify. Just like Vicky Golden in SX a few years back. Props to her...
I’m rooting for her. That would be pretty cool to see her qualify. Just like Vicky Golden in SX a few years back. Props to her for chasing her dreams. All these guys who race at this level are on a whole different level of fast
Didn’t golden only make it because of low turnout?

6/14/2019 3:52pm
I’m rooting for her. That would be pretty cool to see her qualify. Just like Vicky Golden in SX a few years back. Props to her...

I can’t remember. I’d have to go back & look. Wasn’t it Las Vegas 2013?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/14/2019 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2019 4:00pm

Yes.It was Vegas and I believe there were only 33 or so guys signed up.
6/14/2019 5:23pm
As a vague comparison, Courtney Duncan ( the fastest woman in MX at the moment), was 6 seconds a lap slower than the slowest rider to make the MX2 show recently in Portugal GP.
Kevin852
6/14/2019 5:54pm

mattyhamz2 wrote:
41 riders showed up. She qualified 35th. It was Vegas 2015. Way off the pace but still better than I could do so props to her.

And I wish Jordan the best of luck this weeknd but the riders qualifyiing are no joke.

Qualifying https://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1585/S2QCOVR.pdf

Heat race https://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1585/S2H2RES.pdf

LCQ https://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1585/S2L1RES.pdf
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
6/14/2019 6:19pm

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Kevin852 wrote:
41 riders showed up. She qualified 35th. It was Vegas 2015. Way off the pace but still better than I could do so props to her...
41 riders showed up. She qualified 35th. It was Vegas 2015. Way off the pace but still better than I could do so props to her.

And I wish Jordan the best of luck this weeknd but the riders qualifyiing are no joke.

Qualifying https://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1585/S2QCOVR.pdf

Heat race https://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1585/S2H2RES.pdf

LCQ https://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1585/S2L1RES.pdf
My memory was off. I knew everyone that signed up made it through. For some reason I thought there were less riders.

I wish Jordan the best of luck though! The fact that her and Vicky were able to get their pro license says enough about them.
Shawn142
6/14/2019 6:34pm
As a vague comparison, Courtney Duncan ( the fastest woman in MX at the moment), was 6 seconds a lap slower than the slowest rider to...
As a vague comparison, Courtney Duncan ( the fastest woman in MX at the moment), was 6 seconds a lap slower than the slowest rider to make the MX2 show recently in Portugal GP.
That was generally about the average when Ashley Fiolek was at the height of her speed and the WMX filled the role of intermission races. Her trainer at the time mentioned they were working toward qualifying for the 250 class.
6/14/2019 7:11pm

mattyhamz2 wrote:
She’d still beat me lol

Post a reply to: Jordan Jarvis

The Latest