Jordan Burns down hard!

oldblood
3/30/2020 7:02pm
groggylbc wrote:
Jordan Burns, the owner of MotoXXX went down today. In the hospital now with a punctured lung, broken ribs, possible broke wrist and shoulder and rung...
Jordan Burns, the owner of MotoXXX went down today. In the hospital now with a punctured lung, broken ribs, possible broke wrist and shoulder and rung his bell pretty good. He was doing a big double at LACR on his old trustee CR125. He swapped off the face and got pitched hard. Wishing him a speedy recovery

**confirmed broken wrist and collar bone as well as the ribs and punctured lung. Wrist needs surgery, but the hole in his lung got bigger over night. Cant do surgery till the lung starts to get better* He is very grateful for all the nice words**
Thanks for the update
Hallzilla
3/30/2020 7:47pm
I don’t live in California at this point either, but my understanding is that now that much of South Central is being gentrified, Palmdale is the...
I don’t live in California at this point either, but my understanding is that now that much of South Central is being gentrified, Palmdale is the new Compton. That’s just what I’ve heard.
captmoto wrote:
When I worked there we called it Pompton. The west side is better but it is all still Pompton.
We've always called it PalmTucky. The hospitals out there are bad enough during normal times, right now I can't even imagine.

The Shop

Hallzilla
3/30/2020 7:49pm
I don’t live in California at this point either, but my understanding is that now that much of South Central is being gentrified, Palmdale is the...
I don’t live in California at this point either, but my understanding is that now that much of South Central is being gentrified, Palmdale is the new Compton. That’s just what I’ve heard.
captmoto wrote:
When I worked there we called it Pompton. The west side is better but it is all still Pompton.
Hallzilla wrote:
We've always called it PalmTucky. The hospitals out there are bad enough during normal times, right now I can't even imagine.
.... and there are a shit ton of people living out in the Lancaster / Palmdale area.
mxracer71
Fantasy
2449th
3/30/2020 8:56pm
captmoto wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
.... and there are a shit ton of people living out in the Lancaster / Palmdale area.
So mo valley is not longer the new compton?
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
3/30/2020 10:23pm
oldblood wrote:
When I raced there in 88(?) It was a gp, Saturday practice Sunday race. On Saturday a young guy showed up and the promoter (Jack?) had...
When I raced there in 88(?) It was a gp, Saturday practice Sunday race. On Saturday a young guy showed up and the promoter (Jack?) had him park right in front. They talked a bit and were friendly. The bike had the number 125, he practiced with the experts. I've always wondered what his name was...
langhammx wrote:
Jack’s grandson Anthony runs #123, rides Yamahas
I can’t remember if Jeff used that # or not.
smrscott wrote:
Jacks Grandson is Anthony (Tony was his father), he currently runs LACR. Jacks Son "Jeff", was a fast pro in the mid to late 80s, he...
Jacks Grandson is Anthony (Tony was his father), he currently runs LACR.

Jacks Son "Jeff", was a fast pro in the mid to late 80s, he was the one who had the crash in 95 while just racing for fun and ended up passing away. A lot of us believe it was the hospital's poor treatment that contributed to Jeff's passing. That was a scary hospital in the 80s and 90s - not sure about today.

Jorden and myself were both really good friends with Jeff and rode LACR a lot, long before Moto XXX or the band Strung Out.
Brain fade... I meant Jeff. My bad !!
Known the family since the early 80’s.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
3/30/2020 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/30/2020 10:31pm
langhammx wrote:
I don’t know all the rules, but unfortunately I’ve had many experiences with getting either myself or my son to the hospital over the years. Back...
I don’t know all the rules, but unfortunately I’ve had many experiences with getting either myself or my son to the hospital over the years.
Back in ‘02, my son crashed at I-5 MX and was unconscious for over 30 minutes, ambulance got him to the parking lot, medivac flew us to Children’s hospital in LA, passing Henry Mayo in the process.
Just a few months ago a friend of mine crashed at LACR and had a punctures lung/ broken ribs and was concussed and they took him to Henry Mayo.
I can understand why they’d want to get the patient to the nearest hospital under certain conditions, breathing being one of them... but these have been my experiences
captmoto wrote:
There are lots of rules and a trauma center can close for things like no surgeon on duty, no ICU beds available, not enough nurses or...
There are lots of rules and a trauma center can close for things like no surgeon on duty, no ICU beds available, not enough nurses or xray down for service and on and on. Pediatric trauma is a different call all together. Medics will know which facilities are available ahead of time or will be told when they check in to the base hospital. "Rampart, this is Squad 51". I'm lucky, I never went to the hospital in an ambulance from the track.
You know way more than me with this stuff, lots of variables it seems.
Hallzilla
3/31/2020 9:19am
Hallzilla wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
mxracer71 wrote:
So mo valley is not longer the new compton?
A way more spread out version.
HuskyEd
3/31/2020 9:21am
captmoto wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
Hallzilla wrote:
Count me in Shocked
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/31/2020 9:38am
oldblood wrote:
When I raced there in 88(?) It was a gp, Saturday practice Sunday race. On Saturday a young guy showed up and the promoter (Jack?) had...
When I raced there in 88(?) It was a gp, Saturday practice Sunday race. On Saturday a young guy showed up and the promoter (Jack?) had him park right in front. They talked a bit and were friendly. The bike had the number 125, he practiced with the experts. I've always wondered what his name was...
langhammx wrote:
Jack’s grandson Anthony runs #123, rides Yamahas
I can’t remember if Jeff used that # or not.
smrscott wrote:
Jacks Grandson is Anthony (Tony was his father), he currently runs LACR. Jacks Son "Jeff", was a fast pro in the mid to late 80s, he...
Jacks Grandson is Anthony (Tony was his father), he currently runs LACR.

Jacks Son "Jeff", was a fast pro in the mid to late 80s, he was the one who had the crash in 95 while just racing for fun and ended up passing away. A lot of us believe it was the hospital's poor treatment that contributed to Jeff's passing. That was a scary hospital in the 80s and 90s - not sure about today.

Jorden and myself were both really good friends with Jeff and rode LACR a lot, long before Moto XXX or the band Strung Out.
I watched that crash. Even though I was very young, I still remember it. That was Uncle Jeff to me. One of my dad's best friends.
oldblood
3/31/2020 11:38am
In 95 (6?) AXO had a really good moto movie. At the end they had a nice tribute to Jeff throwing some whips in the hills(canyon country?).
oldblood
4/1/2020 6:27pm
Moto xxx had a cool tribute at the end of the first movie. I can't find anything on the axo movie. I think it had a nice segment of Damon Huffman also.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
4/1/2020 11:06pm
oldblood wrote:
Moto xxx had a cool tribute at the end of the first movie. I can't find anything on the axo movie. I think it had a...
Moto xxx had a cool tribute at the end of the first movie. I can't find anything on the axo movie. I think it had a nice segment of Damon Huffman also.
It's the MOTO XXX movie dude. AXO only had Action Figures. Dave Demangos is at the end with a message and phone number for depression/mental health.
Heal up quick JB... I still like T.S.O.L Colours, even though you said it was some of their worst music.Laughing
oldblood
4/1/2020 11:16pm
oldblood wrote:
Moto xxx had a cool tribute at the end of the first movie. I can't find anything on the axo movie. I think it had a...
EZZA 95B wrote:
It's the MOTO XXX movie dude. AXO only had Action Figures. Dave Demangos is at the end with a message and phone number for depression/mental health...
It's the MOTO XXX movie dude. AXO only had Action Figures. Dave Demangos is at the end with a message and phone number for depression/mental health.
Heal up quick JB... I still like T.S.O.L Colours, even though you said it was some of their worst music.Laughing
Was Dave Demangos the guy flipping the CR80?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
4/1/2020 11:17pm
oldblood wrote:
EZZA 95B wrote:
It's the MOTO XXX movie dude. AXO only had Action Figures. Dave Demangos is at the end with a message and phone number for depression/mental health...
oldblood wrote:
Was Dave Demangos the guy flipping the CR80?
Nope.

Post a reply to: Jordan Burns down hard!

The Latest