Jordan Bailey Steps Away From Professional MX/SX

Related:
Create New Tag

11/30/2021 9:36 AM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/30/2021 9:48 AM

Sounds like maybe he's more into Golf these days? Good luck to him whatever he decides to do.

|

11/30/2021 10:37 AM

Cool good luck to him in life after moto

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

11/30/2021 11:23 AM

Dude decided to make money and stay healthy instead. Good choice.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/30/2021 12:00 PM

If you aren't making top 3 money, I can't see when it would ever make financial sense to keep racing.... many do for the love of it.... but putting your back, neck, and life on the line, weekly, for less than 6 digits is a tough sell.....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

11/30/2021 12:06 PM

gt80rider wrote:

If you aren't making top 3 money, I can't see when it would ever make financial sense to keep racing.... many do for the love ...more

More than just the "top 3" are making great money. You need to quit making stuff up just to shit on the sport.

|

Ed Johnson

11/30/2021 12:16 PM

gt80rider wrote:

If you aren't making top 3 money, I can't see when it would ever make financial sense to keep racing.... many do for the love ...more

lostboy819 wrote:

More than just the "top 3" are making great money. You need to quit making stuff up just to shit on the sport.

Yeah, he's totally off base. There is at least 10-15 guys making money

|

11/30/2021 1:54 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he have a big get off at ATL a few years ago? Or was that another FL rider?

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

11/30/2021 2:01 PM

Jordan421 wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he have a big get off at ATL a few years ago? Or was that another FL rider?

Are you thinking of Zach Bell that flew over that triple ?

|

11/30/2021 2:05 PM

Jordan421 wrote:

spojetski wrote:

Are you thinking of Zach Bell that flew over that triple ?

Well I was way off but yes lol.

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

11/30/2021 3:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2021 3:09 PM

gt80rider wrote:

For a guy that used to be so fast, you’re sure stupid online lol

|

11/30/2021 3:33 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Trickamoto wrote:

For a guy that used to be so fast, you’re sure stupid online lol

Who said he was fast LOL

|

11/30/2021 3:48 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Exactly. The chances of winning the white trash lottery are between slim & none and slim left town. It's a hobby not a smart career choice........

|

11/30/2021 4:52 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Tracktor wrote:

Exactly. The chances of winning the white trash lottery are between slim & none and slim left town. It's a hobby not a ...more

straight facts

|

11/30/2021 5:02 PM

is this kid related to david and gary?

he was barely a top 20 guy outdoors..not really news.

|

11/30/2021 5:57 PM

gt80rider wrote:

I guess it depends on what good money is to you. Plenty of guys in the 250 class making 6 figures.

|

12/1/2021 3:58 PM

gt80rider wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

yak651 wrote:

Yeah, he's totally off base. There is at least 10-15 guys making money

In the 250 class?

|

RPM Performance
CT

12/1/2021 4:27 PM

gt80rider wrote:

I don't know. Guys like Alex Ray seem to be living the dream. They apparently make just enough money that they don't have to get real jobs.

While I have to have a real job, race for fun a few times a year and never get paid to even offset expenses.

|

12/2/2021 9:35 AM

Another example of a kid that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars during his (successful) amateur career and gets pinched after 1 full season as a pro. Privateer route and after two years career gone. Same stories are happening in Europe. I prefer the route that for example Justin Cooper had. Education and racing, once he finished high school it was time to go full time.

|

12/2/2021 10:33 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

Another example of a kid that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars during his (successful) amateur career and gets pinched ...more

I admire the route Justin Cooper took as well, but you're a little off regarding Jordan Bailey. His Rockstar Husky deal was 1 year amateur and 2 years pro. He wasn't "pinched", he simply did not have the results or any flashes of potential to justify being signed by a top tier factory team his third year. It's a tough way to earn a living.

|

12/2/2021 3:21 PM

Cortami79 wrote:

Another example of a kid that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars during his (successful) amateur career and gets pinched ...more

Jordan is going to college in florida now

|

12/2/2021 4:46 PM

Cortami79 wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

I admire the route Justin Cooper took as well, but you're a little off regarding Jordan Bailey. His Rockstar Husky deal was 1 ...more

Sorry about that, i thought he only had 1 year. Anyways, you still see a lot of guys getting cut of like that. Imo it would be better to give guys a few years once they turn pro

|

12/2/2021 4:53 PM

Cortami79 wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

I admire the route Justin Cooper took as well, but you're a little off regarding Jordan Bailey. His Rockstar Husky deal was 1 ...more

Cortami79 wrote:

Sorry about that, i thought he only had 1 year. Anyways, you still see a lot of guys getting cut of like that. Imo it would be ...more

Yep the amateur system in the US is broken, throwing a bunch of money at these kids and then giving them 1-2 years in the pros to make it. Would be much better if all OEMs could agree to only give bikes to the amateurs and use the money from their AM program to support pros that are trying to make a living at this sport

|

12/2/2021 6:36 PM

vtec_ wrote:

Are you actively trying to be an ass or does it come natural? In general, not just this post because I've seen the other shit you post

|

12/3/2021 10:10 AM

vtec_ wrote:

Chris_Buehler wrote:

Are you actively trying to be an ass or does it come natural? In general, not just this post because I've seen the other shit ...more

im worse in person

|

12/3/2021 10:47 AM

vtec_ wrote:

This is facts!

|

12/3/2021 11:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2021 11:30 AM

gt80rider wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

I guess it depends on what good money is to you. Plenty of guys in the 250 class making 6 figures.

Yup

There are quite a few riders earning good money as a base plus the opportunity to make GREAT money if they "produce". 15-20 riders on Factory Backed 250s plus the support teams...many of which pay the riders. Then then there's the 12 plus riders on Factory Backed 450s plus teams like RMATVMC KTM and others that pay their riders AND have an excellent bonus program...
You can easily list over 30 riders making really good money just on their base pay. Add to that, bonuses and other pay like gear (450 riders). On top of that are the 15-20 support team riders making money plus bonuses. Never-mind the "up-n-coming" am riders that're actually paid. Ryder, Danger...etc.

And, there are other ways to make money racing...

In 2015, I took a Matt Goerke from the US to Canada. In his 1st year, he raced AX for Babbits before heading north to Canada. He got paid well for the AX ride (Injured late in the season while competing for the title). In Canada we rode for André Laurin's Rockstar Yamaha Canada Team. He won the 450 title. He got paid well for that, too. We stayed on that team for 4 years & made good money for the rider AND the team! Rockstar's support increased quite nicely during our tenure there. Also, they sent Christophe up there on a Factory Husky for a season: that cost some coin, too!. After that, we signed a deal with Monster Kawasaki Canada. That paid well, too. That lasted 2 years and then he retired at the end of 2020.

All our contracts had a good base pay, excellent travel pay and good bonuses. Matt was paid well, treated well, traveled very nicely and was able to "easily afford" to relocate to Canada for the ENTIRE 2020 race season...which IS NOT AN INEXPENSIVE thing to do.

The point: people come in here and talk about "If you aren't making top 3 money, I can't see when it would ever make financial sense to keep racing..." or "No one's making money racing..." ...well...

My guy made plenty of money doing what he loved.

If someone simply takes the time to list all the racers and the teams...? There's A LOT of riders getting paid to do what they love. I call that,"Successful". Period.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

12/3/2021 11:30 AM

gt80rider wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Yup

There are quite a few riders earning good money as a base plus the opportunity to make GREAT money if they "produce". ...more

That’s a nice little insight into what sounds like 1st hand experience

|

12/3/2021 11:42 AM

This is all so true, six figures base salary is nothing surprising for factory 250 rider let alone podium and top guys and that's a decent living. Id not be surprised if Jettson is pocketing 7 figures in salary and sponsorship (not counting bonuses).

|

12/3/2021 8:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2021 8:52 PM

gt80rider wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Yup

There are quite a few riders earning good money as a base plus the opportunity to make GREAT money if they "produce". ...more

can you provide us with some ballpark numbers?

this sport is alot more risky than most traditional ball sports, which is why some scoff @ the salaries these guys make.

they also have to re-invest into their own program quite a bit (trainers, tracks if they own them, etc..)

and from what ive read, what racers were making prior to 2008 (old world order) was actually somewhat worth it.

I dont remember the exact numbers but when JT$ was at his peak years, he said he made pretty good money. Weston Peick was more or less the millenial JT$ in terms of results (if not better) and wasnt exactly setting the world on fire in terms of his pay until he got onto JGR

also..when factoring in inflation..lol..100k a year isnt really much anymore. the dollar doesnt have the same buying power as it did in 2000

|