Jonny Walker Go-Pro from Erzberg-Holy Chit

RACERX69
5/31/2015 5:14am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2015 4:44am
I know it's not moto, but these Extreme Enduro guy's have some serious talent. Check out the start of a recent Erzberg Rodeo race from Jonny Walkers Go-Pro. Crazy! He's riding the hell out of that 300. Also, note the ravine jump he does at 1:33. Oh yeah, be sure to turn up the volume!

|
WVUpetro2013
5/31/2015 5:22am
In 2 min he did what I would hope I could do in an hour. Always a fun race to watch.
mxer512
5/31/2015 5:41am
dude is a stud no doubt about it ....def some gnarly shit going on and he makes it look easy.
Xracer
5/31/2015 5:50am
Cool vid. That bike may be the most versatile overall race bike ever made.
Crush
5/31/2015 5:54am
Anyone know if johnny randoms can enter Erzberg? I'd love to ride it.

The Shop

RACERX69
5/31/2015 5:56am
Xracer wrote:
Cool vid. That bike may be the most versatile overall race bike ever made.
Agreed. Been riding a 250 XC-W for the last 3 years and currently have a really bad case of new bike-itis. I am seriously considering dumping my 250 for a 300 XC.
WVUpetro2013
5/31/2015 6:25am
Crush wrote:
Not sure, I believe they have qualifiers the day before the race where you have to have a certain lap time to race the main day. I think something like 1500 enter, or at least that's what it was a few years back.
tomm55x
5/31/2015 6:28am
Crush wrote:
Anyone can enter,I'm pretty sure there is classes and qualifying to see where you start at and so on. I would also like to give that a try but I can imagine the expense to get there and whatnot would be pretty big especially if you are looking at taking your own bike. I have watched a few dvds on the iron giant and it is gnarly for sure,the only guy that could beat walker is the Polish nightmare taddy blazusiak , that guy is awesome at this stuff!!
mnomis484
5/31/2015 6:41am
Crush wrote:
Yep, anyone can sign up. But the number of participants is limited to, i believe 1500. You have to be quick to be one of them. Smile

When you were lucky enough to get into the event, you first have to race the prologue. The fastest 500 riders get into the hare scramble.

I also want to participate next year, it must be an awesome experience, altough a lot of the people i talked to who once raced erzberg said they wouldnt do it again Laughing
RACERX69
5/31/2015 6:50am
mnomis484 wrote:
Yep, anyone can sign up. But the number of participants is limited to, i believe 1500. You have to be quick to be one of them...
Yep, anyone can sign up. But the number of participants is limited to, i believe 1500. You have to be quick to be one of them. Smile

When you were lucky enough to get into the event, you first have to race the prologue. The fastest 500 riders get into the hare scramble.

I also want to participate next year, it must be an awesome experience, altough a lot of the people i talked to who once raced erzberg said they wouldnt do it again Laughing
I would imagine in addition to your body, your bike would be completely trashed as well.
dcg141
5/31/2015 7:07am
Look at the footage from back in the pack. All of those hills are strewn with stalled and struggling riders. Hell look at the footage behind the first 5 or so..also hills filled with stalled and struggling riders. I watched the helicopter footage last year and Walker makes it look so easy, you get to thinking hey, I might wanna try that, then you see incredible off road guys like Taylor Robert really struggling and you come back to reality.
FWYT
5/31/2015 7:22am
Just go to anywhere in that vid, like about 34:00, and it's like- jeezus effing hell-no.
5/31/2015 7:35am
Those guys are frikkin nuts and I've always thought that some of those courses are insane but seeing this perspective it's even clearer that some of those sections are full blown sketchy.

Use those water holes, narrow paths, and rocks as weapon against your opponents.

I don't think I've ever seen so many dumfuk spectators at a motorcycle racing event as I saw in the first two minutes of this video. How many riders or spectators have been severely injured or killed while "big footing" across or standing way too close to the course?

Those participants are bad to the bone dirt bikers.
DC323
5/31/2015 7:37am
Those rock gardens....

Yeah, no thanks.
Pembroke36
5/31/2015 8:07am
I wouldn't even make it this far, but if I did happen to get to the section he goes through from 52:00 to 1:00:00, I would give up.
5/31/2015 8:50am
Johnny is a beast. I'm into moto and all forms of enduro and woods racing. Some people knock enduros and GNCCs but they are no joke. I'd love to try an extreme Enduro but don't want to throw my bike in the dumpster after its over. Hahahahaha.

Those of you who ride only off-road have an insecurity issue about your head light and need to get over it!!! Those of you that only ride moto need to cut the umbilical cord to your truck!!!
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
5/31/2015 9:10am
What he did is not possible
dcg141
5/31/2015 9:21am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2015 9:22am
Those guys are frikkin nuts and I've always thought that some of those courses are insane but seeing this perspective it's even clearer that some of...
Those guys are frikkin nuts and I've always thought that some of those courses are insane but seeing this perspective it's even clearer that some of those sections are full blown sketchy.

Use those water holes, narrow paths, and rocks as weapon against your opponents.

I don't think I've ever seen so many dumfuk spectators at a motorcycle racing event as I saw in the first two minutes of this video. How many riders or spectators have been severely injured or killed while "big footing" across or standing way too close to the course?

People standing in the wrong place or crossing the course at the wrong time is a time honored tradition at any cross country event. I like to aim at them and scare shit out them personally.
Captainc
5/31/2015 9:31am
Johnny is a beast. I'm into moto and all forms of enduro and woods racing. Some people knock enduros and GNCCs but they are no joke...
Johnny is a beast. I'm into moto and all forms of enduro and woods racing. Some people knock enduros and GNCCs but they are no joke. I'd love to try an extreme Enduro but don't want to throw my bike in the dumpster after its over. Hahahahaha.

Those of you who ride only off-road have an insecurity issue about your head light and need to get over it!!! Those of you that only ride moto need to cut the umbilical cord to your truck!!!
Jonny has only been riding a dirt bike properly since 2009. He's a friend of mine. Was quite a good trials rider but never raced a mx / enduro bike until 2009. It's unreal how he has taken to it in such a short time
5/31/2015 9:33am
Those guys are frikkin nuts and I've always thought that some of those courses are insane but seeing this perspective it's even clearer that some of...

dcg141 wrote:
People standing in the wrong place or crossing the course at the wrong time is a time honored tradition at any cross country event. I like...
People standing in the wrong place or crossing the course at the wrong time is a time honored tradition at any cross country event. I like to aim at them and scare shit out them personally.
Yeah I'm well aware of near course spectating but didn't realize there was that many people stupid enough to cross the course at a major event with riders that close and closing at speed. Crazy stuff.

How many have you clipped? Evil
dcg141
5/31/2015 9:40am
Yeah I'm well aware of near course spectating but didn't realize there was that many people stupid enough to cross the course at a major event...
Yeah I'm well aware of near course spectating but didn't realize there was that many people stupid enough to cross the course at a major event with riders that close and closing at speed. Crazy stuff.

They scatter pretty quickly...have been given the single finger salute on ocassion. A well know fact when you come to a big mudhole the spectators are standing on the best lines.
endurox
5/31/2015 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2015 1:45pm
Crush wrote:
We have a extreme enduro event here. King of the Motos happens in January in Lucerne Valley, Ca.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwbUTinlT-Q
Any one can compete. Looks like the 2 stroke bikes rule. A 4 stroke will overheat and melt you in those big rock sections.
blusmbl
5/31/2015 1:17pm
I've watched plenty of Erzberg videos, but that may take the cake. Honestly, with the exception of the ridiculous boulder rock gardens that even take pros 20-30 minutes per lap to navigate, the riding looks pretty similar to places like outside of Pittsburgh.
Bultaco
5/31/2015 1:44pm
When you consider how much a wide angle lens flattens out the view, and that this still looks narrow/steep, what we are watching is dang impressive.

I am impressed and want to go riding because of watching this. Braaaaaaaap!
plowboy
5/31/2015 1:53pm

dcg141 wrote:
People standing in the wrong place or crossing the course at the wrong time is a time honored tradition at any cross country event. I like...
I raced a local HS a few years back and they used a potapot as a corner marker. I cut the inside real close just as a dude walked out. Hurt him way more than me....he spilled his beer. What these Erzberg guys are doing is total insanity.. Skills beyond belief.
Ebs
5/31/2015 2:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2015 2:28pm
I only sat down to check out a few minutes of footage and ended up watching the whole thing. That dude is unreal, he hardly got hung up anywhere.

Looks like it would be a fun place to trail ride, minus the boulder fields.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
5/31/2015 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2015 6:06pm
OMG!!!! Awesome vid! I feel worn out just watching 5 minutes of it. How did he keep his concentration that long?! That was just a little too gnarly. Man, I'm a little out of touch with how fast these guys are.
Crossup
5/31/2015 6:34pm
Bultaco wrote:
When you consider how much a wide angle lens flattens out the view, and that this still looks narrow/steep, what we are watching is dang impressive...
When you consider how much a wide angle lens flattens out the view, and that this still looks narrow/steep, what we are watching is dang impressive.

Yeah, that's what I was looking at. Besides Jonny Walker showing his insane skills, I kept looking left and right at the drop off angle, and just didnt know how he kept it on that goat path at speed.
5/31/2015 6:42pm
Bultaco wrote:
When you consider how much a wide angle lens flattens out the view, and that this still looks narrow/steep, what we are watching is dang impressive...

Crossup wrote:
Yeah, that's what I was looking at. Besides Jonny Walker showing his insane skills, I kept looking left and right at the drop off angle, and...
Yeah, that's what I was looking at. Besides Jonny Walker showing his insane skills, I kept looking left and right at the drop off angle, and just didnt know how he kept it on that goat path at speed.
That would be a long fast ride to the bottom.
6/1/2015 3:54am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2015 3:54am

dcg141 wrote:
Yeah I'm well aware of near course spectating but didn't realize there was that many people stupid enough to cross the course at a major event...

Ha, he actually hits one on purpose at 19.40 somthing, if youre dumb enough to start running in the middle of the track facing away from whats coming at you at the same time the leader goes by I guess you only have yourself to blame

Post a reply to: Jonny Walker Go-Pro from Erzberg-Holy Chit

The Latest