Jonass out for Imola

Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 4:11am

|
Aryen
9/27/2018 4:24am
Well congratulations Prado then on his 1st MX2 world title!
RG1
9/27/2018 5:07am
I can understand that Jonass' has to look after himself and if he needs to get surgery then there's not much he can do about that. But it kinda sucks that Prado just got handed it in the week. He doesn't get that feeling of crossing the line and confirming himself as Champion like Herlings had last week
ayearinmx
9/27/2018 5:26am
RG1 wrote:
I can understand that Jonass' has to look after himself and if he needs to get surgery then there's not much he can do about that...
I can understand that Jonass' has to look after himself and if he needs to get surgery then there's not much he can do about that. But it kinda sucks that Prado just got handed it in the week. He doesn't get that feeling of crossing the line and confirming himself as Champion like Herlings had last week
You know the reason he had to do the surgery was because of the incident in Turkey?
So with that said, i have a feeling he really doesn't care how Prado wins, and while I'm sure Prado would have loved to have done it similarly to Herlings, he also probably won't really care
chuckdavies
9/27/2018 5:27am
RG1 wrote:
I can understand that Jonass' has to look after himself and if he needs to get surgery then there's not much he can do about that...
Agreed - sucks for Prado to be stolen of that feeling he's earned

The Shop

ATKpilot99
9/27/2018 5:32am
RG1 wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
You know the reason he had to do the surgery was because of the incident in Turkey? So with that said, i have a feeling he...
You know the reason he had to do the surgery was because of the incident in Turkey?
So with that said, i have a feeling he really doesn't care how Prado wins, and while I'm sure Prado would have loved to have done it similarly to Herlings, he also probably won't really care
Yeah , while it's true anything can happen it was pretty much a forgone conclusion anyway. What did he need , a 16th in the first moto to clinch it ?
RG1
9/27/2018 5:37am
RG1 wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
You know the reason he had to do the surgery was because of the incident in Turkey? So with that said, i have a feeling he...
Yeah I get that, it's not Jonass has other things to worry about than how Prado feels. Prado is World Champ anyway, and that will feel great, but he has to be bummed that he won't get to cross the line and clinch it himself, with his team, family and friends there. Especially it being his first one. From his point of view he loses the opportunity of a moment that he would never forget
DeStouwer
9/27/2018 5:38am
RG1 wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
An incident which was his own fault.
ayearinmx
9/27/2018 5:46am
RG1 wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
In your opinion... Which is definitely not Pauls'. And his is the important one when it came to making a decision about surgery and the title consequences thereafter... If he even gave it a second thought
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
9/27/2018 5:50am
So if I get this right he just gave it up? Yes Prado is very likely to wrap it up anyway, but anything can happen. He as Herlings’ team mate should know that.
500guy
9/27/2018 6:04am
People will do anything to get out of having their ass handed to them in America at MXdN.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/27/2018 6:16am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 6:16am
500guy wrote:
People will do anything to get out of having their ass handed to them in America at MXdN.
you got lucky that Latvia won't compete
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/27/2018 6:19am
NVA57 wrote:
So if I get this right he just gave it up? Yes Prado is very likely to wrap it up anyway, but anything can happen. He...
So if I get this right he just gave it up? Yes Prado is very likely to wrap it up anyway, but anything can happen. He as Herlings’ team mate should know that.
I thought the same thing.
But it also depends on Jonass' leg. If he knows that he won't even be able to run in the top 5 it doesn't even make sense trying.

In the improbable case that Prado is not able to score 4 points in both motos, Jonass still would have to go 1-1 or 1-2 to win the title.
DeStouwer
9/27/2018 6:34am
ayearinmx wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
ayearinmx wrote:
In your opinion... Which is definitely not Pauls'. And his is the important one when it came to making a decision about surgery and the title...
In your opinion... Which is definitely not Pauls'. And his is the important one when it came to making a decision about surgery and the title consequences thereafter... If he even gave it a second thought
Opinions have nothing to do with it. He crashed because he touched Prado's rear weel. This means he was behind Prado, i.e. his own fault. Okay, Prado stole the inside, but it was Jonass who tried to slam the door way too late and therefore crashed. He can bitch about it as much as he wants, but imo that's his disappointment speaking, knowing he fubar-ed.
9/27/2018 6:41am
Come on man, hold your opinion to yourself and stop bitching about that. Even some (former) GP and AMA riders said it was not a smart move by Prado. Especially considdering the fact he had everything to lose at that time. It's like making a blockpass in supercross and then saying that the guy on the outside is wrong cause he was behind at time of the impact. It's racing, shit happens.

ayearinmx
9/27/2018 6:44am
DeStouwer wrote:
Opinions have nothing to do with it. He crashed because he touched Prado's rear weel. This means he was behind Prado, i.e. his own fault. Okay...
Opinions have nothing to do with it. He crashed because he touched Prado's rear weel. This means he was behind Prado, i.e. his own fault. Okay, Prado stole the inside, but it was Jonass who tried to slam the door way too late and therefore crashed. He can bitch about it as much as he wants, but imo that's his disappointment speaking, knowing he fubar-ed.
More of your opinion.

At the end of the day, he did what was best for him and got surgery now. He hasn't bitched. He just got surgery because that's what he needed to do. Obviously it has impacted on Prado but that really isn't any concern of his, and not something he needs to consider when he has an MXGP career ahead of him.
make1go
9/27/2018 6:52am
some heavy projecting in this thread...

prado wont give 2 shits that he has 'lost a feeling' cause jonnas is out...thats just tooo to funny..

RG1
9/27/2018 7:17am
make1go wrote:
some heavy projecting in this thread...

prado wont give 2 shits that he has 'lost a feeling' cause jonnas is out...thats just tooo to funny..

Prado will definitely care. It's his first world title, there's a huge difference between crossing the line to seal your first world title to the adulation of your team, friends and family, and finding out via text, phone call etc. That you are world champ. Surely there has to be. He's still a world champion, that'll obviously feel great, but I'm positive this is not the way he wanted to win it
DeStouwer
9/27/2018 7:19am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 7:22am
Come on man, hold your opinion to yourself and stop bitching about that. Even some (former) GP and AMA riders said it was not a smart...
Come on man, hold your opinion to yourself and stop bitching about that. Even some (former) GP and AMA riders said it was not a smart move by Prado. Especially considdering the fact he had everything to lose at that time. It's like making a blockpass in supercross and then saying that the guy on the outside is wrong cause he was behind at time of the impact. It's racing, shit happens.

I'd rather see someone taking risks for the win than playing "follow the leader" any day of the week. Championshipleader or not.

Maybe it wasn't smart, but it paid off, didn't it? He gained 5 points instead of losing 3 that moto.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/27/2018 7:25am
A shame for Jonass but congrats to Prado! Both of em have great attitudes and have since the start of their careers. If Prado wins the title again next year does he have to move up then in 2020?
9/27/2018 8:04am
500guy wrote:
But yet he was never supposed to compete? Sick
Bidirella
9/27/2018 8:34am
Its weird Jonass got it fixed now, why not right after Assen?

Bidirella
9/27/2018 8:36am
Park Boys wrote:
A shame for Jonass but congrats to Prado! Both of em have great attitudes and have since the start of their careers. If Prado wins the...
A shame for Jonass but congrats to Prado! Both of em have great attitudes and have since the start of their careers. If Prado wins the title again next year does he have to move up then in 2020?
Yes if you win back to back titles you need to move up. But Prado would be 18 then and i dont see him moving up to the 450s with that age. Most likely USA in 2020....
9/27/2018 10:58am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 11:00am
Park Boys wrote:
A shame for Jonass but congrats to Prado! Both of em have great attitudes and have since the start of their careers. If Prado wins the...
Bidirella wrote:
Yes if you win back to back titles you need to move up. But Prado would be 18 then and i dont see him moving up...
Yes if you win back to back titles you need to move up. But Prado would be 18 then and i dont see him moving up to the 450s with that age. Most likely USA in 2020....
Or more likely they change the rule again. I don’t know if it’s sensible to have to move up to MXGP when you are only 18 years old, especially when you are of Prado’s physical stature.

The age/pointing out rule makes some what sense on the surface, but more likely than not, reality will step in and make that rule ridiculous.

Regarding Jonass’s decision to go for surgery, I think that it is wise. He’s already a world champion. The chance of becoming it again this year was virtually non-existing. Now that he’s moving up next year, why not get on with it asap? Those extra weeks of recovery/training/acclamation might be crucial in the long run.

None the less, it will be interesting to what Jonass can do when he moves up. Some people just gel with the bigger bike, some don’t.
Bidirella
9/27/2018 11:10am
Poppanator wrote:
Or more likely they change the rule again. I don’t know if it’s sensible to have to move up to MXGP when you are only 18...
Or more likely they change the rule again. I don’t know if it’s sensible to have to move up to MXGP when you are only 18 years old, especially when you are of Prado’s physical stature.

The age/pointing out rule makes some what sense on the surface, but more likely than not, reality will step in and make that rule ridiculous.

Regarding Jonass’s decision to go for surgery, I think that it is wise. He’s already a world champion. The chance of becoming it again this year was virtually non-existing. Now that he’s moving up next year, why not get on with it asap? Those extra weeks of recovery/training/acclamation might be crucial in the long run.

None the less, it will be interesting to what Jonass can do when he moves up. Some people just gel with the bigger bike, some don’t.
I hope they change that rule with the age limit to. We need to wait and see what will happend. Prado to the MXGP with 18 would be crazy and a loss to the GP world because he will forsure move to the US i think...

You talk about those extra weeks.. It only would have take 1 week longer or if he did it the monday after Imola it would be 5 days later that he got surgery. In the long run those 5 days or week does not matter IMO.

But its what he wants and the team, he already gived up mental. So good move for him.

Post a reply to: Jonass out for Imola

The Latest