Jon Huntsman for President moto videos

Crossup
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:09pm
Seems that Jon Huntsman chose to introduce his presidential campaign launch via a series of trail riding videos. He is getting lots of skeptical comments from the media and parodies already. I think its interesting to see a candidate on a CRF and in Fox gear as his opening image. What do you think?

http://vimeo.com/user7440850
|
6/21/2011 6:29am
He looks ready for Southwick. Seems like a cool guy too...tacos for lunch and MX to relax. I will vote early and often. Smile
Holigan
6/21/2011 8:41am
He was a cool governor. He has been to Anaheim and the SLC SX several times. I think he has been at a few Nationals as well. It would be cool to have a president that supports the sport.
6/21/2011 8:48am
I can't vote for a President based on him being a rider, but he seems like a cool guy.
I am not so sure this country will elect a Mormon for President. There is a lot of mistrust of Mormons.
motokid40
6/21/2011 9:12am
He's got my vote!, Met him at Washougal.

The Shop

machine
6/21/2011 9:25am
If he can make it through the primaries, I'll vote for him.

A guy that actually rides and is a fan of our sport will only come along once........remember that.
6/21/2011 9:31am
LOL. Moto going mainstream because of a presidential candidate. A bunch of his opponents are already making moto vids targeting him. Even the DNC put out a moto vid attacking Huntsman.

He told me if elected he would officially replace baseball with motocross as the nations official past time sport. ;-)
Titan1
6/21/2011 9:55am
for those of you not familiar with him, he was a governor that ticked off the radical libs....and the radical conservatives. That alone is enough to get my vote...he must be doing something right if he ticked off the extremes.

And yes, he's mormon....but as far as I know...just barely. His two adopted children (one from India and one from china) are being raised in their own religions, and his five biological children have attended catholic schools. You can expect him to distance himself from mormonism, and it wouldn't be just to get elected.

I like him as governor. And I'd vote for him before I'd vote for Romney.
Ryno784
6/21/2011 10:29am
He rode out during opening ceremonies during the BooKoo AX visit to Salt Lake City. He was very cool, and I still have the TLD gear he wore....maybe I should get it autographed!

Anyway, cool guy and cool family. Couldn't hurt moto at all if he ran and won, and he's actually a very solid candidate. He has my vote.
peelout
6/21/2011 10:37am
I can't vote for a President based on him being a rider, but he seems like a cool guy. I am not so sure this country...
I can't vote for a President based on him being a rider, but he seems like a cool guy.
I am not so sure this country will elect a Mormon for President. There is a lot of mistrust of Mormons.
they didn't have a problem electing a Black president, if there were a time for him or Mitt Romney it's now.

great news for Huntsman. would be a good candidate
RMT
6/21/2011 11:06am
peelout wrote:
they didn't have a problem electing a Black president, if there were a time for him or Mitt Romney it's now. great news for Huntsman. would...
they didn't have a problem electing a Black president, if there were a time for him or Mitt Romney it's now.

great news for Huntsman. would be a good candidate
BO is 50/50, just as much white as black.

Who cares who gets voted in, they are all crooks at that level anyway.
peelout
6/21/2011 11:11am
RMT wrote:
BO is 50/50, just as much white as black.

Who cares who gets voted in, they are all crooks at that level anyway.
i guess my point was, after our last presidential election, if the public is going to turn their nose to a politician due to religion alone, then we are more fucked than we think.
stella17
6/21/2011 11:57am
This guy seems like he won't be any better than what we have now! Economy sucks!
Titan1
6/21/2011 1:18pm
Crossup wrote:
Seems that Jon Huntsman chose to introduce his presidential campaign launch via a series of trail riding videos. He is getting lots of skeptical comments from...
Seems that Jon Huntsman chose to introduce his presidential campaign launch via a series of trail riding videos. He is getting lots of skeptical comments from the media and parodies already. I think its interesting to see a candidate on a CRF and in Fox gear as his opening image. What do you think?

http://vimeo.com/user7440850
One thing is for sure....those adds have the environmental/anti-OHV/anti-fun crowd up in arms. And nothing could make me happier!
katooom
6/21/2011 1:20pm
Huntsman was at Budds Creek Saturday, gave an interview during intermission. Seemed ok. He is against all these stupid regulations - like CPSC coming down on minibikes/motorcycles for minors. Said he rides a CR450.
andymoto
6/21/2011 7:21pm
Titan1 wrote:
One thing is for sure....those adds have the environmental/anti-OHV/anti-fun crowd up in arms. And nothing could make me happier!
X2.
6/21/2011 7:40pm
I can't vote for a President based on him being a rider, but he seems like a cool guy. I am not so sure this country...
Umm.. Our president is Muslim?
6/21/2011 7:48pm
Umm... click click bang bang is Moron?
6/21/2011 8:13pm
Umm... click click bang bang is Moron?
You do not like Muslim people????
6/22/2011 7:04am
I'm not following you.
DownSouth
6/22/2011 7:24am
The news reports I saw last night claimed he was not the one riding the bike. Stunt double?

It looks like he can cross party lines (i.e. Fox pants/TLD jersey)
SL91
6/22/2011 7:38am
Hunstman worked for Obama as an ambassador of some type a couple of years ago and this is a big strike against him with the ringht wing of the republican party. He's also more moderate than other candidates, so he'll probably be toast before he even gets started. Too bad, because he seems to be pretty smart (notwithstanding his interest in MX Wink
lilbulld
6/22/2011 9:00am
SL91 wrote:
Hunstman worked for Obama as an ambassador of some type a couple of years ago and this is a big strike against him with the ringht...
Hunstman worked for Obama as an ambassador of some type a couple of years ago and this is a big strike against him with the ringht wing of the republican party. He's also more moderate than other candidates, so he'll probably be toast before he even gets started. Too bad, because he seems to be pretty smart (notwithstanding his interest in MX Wink
Pretty much sums up what is wrong with gov't today, not just total lack of bipartisanship, but actually being disowned for even agreeing with or working with those from the other side... Most of our elected officials are too worried about the constant pissing contest thats going on rather than the real issues at hand..
dkg
6/22/2011 12:51pm
lilbulld wrote:
Pretty much sums up what is wrong with gov't today, not just total lack of bipartisanship, but actually being disowned for even agreeing with or working...
Pretty much sums up what is wrong with gov't today, not just total lack of bipartisanship, but actually being disowned for even agreeing with or working with those from the other side... Most of our elected officials are too worried about the constant pissing contest thats going on rather than the real issues at hand..
Couldn't have said it any better. They still haven't realized that the rest of us just keep going around having to straighten out or make work everything that gov't screws up. No bikes, etc for kids because of lead???? Give me a break. I am still trying to figure out away to keep 5-10 year olds from eating ATVs ..... sarcasm intended
SL91
6/22/2011 1:26pm
SL91 wrote:
Hunstman worked for Obama as an ambassador of some type a couple of years ago and this is a big strike against him with the ringht...
lilbulld wrote:
Pretty much sums up what is wrong with gov't today, not just total lack of bipartisanship, but actually being disowned for even agreeing with or working...
Your brand of politics is spreading north to Canada. At one time there were three parties in parliament that could work together with the government to get shit accomplished, now it's a battle royale goat-fuck like it is down there.
lilbulld
6/22/2011 2:29pm
SL91 wrote:
lilbulld wrote:
SL91 wrote:
Your brand of politics is spreading north to Canada. At one time there were three parties in parliament that could work together with the government to...
Your brand of politics is spreading north to Canada. At one time there were three parties in parliament that could work together with the government to get shit accomplished, now it's a battle royale goat-fuck like it is down there.
Well, I dont understand?... My brand of politics would be as you have stated in past Canadian gov't, not the latter part of what I said... They need to come together, or get rid of all the bad seeds that will only create or change policy that benefits them personally/financially and leave those and acquire more officials that are actually "by the people" & "for the people"... I have a friend that moved here from Canada just a couple years ago and he was very anti-liberal saying they had ruined things up there but it sounds like maybe the same thing from what you said is that they're all screwing things up in their own way... And don't get me wrong, it's not just our elected officials, its the country as a whole from what I have and do experience, most people are so loyal to their party and what they do and say that they will just buy into whatever bs someone feeds them from that point of view... Or i guess whatever they hear on FoxNews, CNBC, CNN or whatever publication they might prefer..It's all about "IM RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG" politics today... And I don't think its a coincidence that things have gotten alot nastier now that the S.B.M. has taken over, but thats a whole nother topic
lilbulld
6/22/2011 2:31pm
lilbulld wrote:
dkg wrote:
Couldn't have said it any better. They still haven't realized that the rest of us just keep going around having to straighten out or make work...
Couldn't have said it any better. They still haven't realized that the rest of us just keep going around having to straighten out or make work everything that gov't screws up. No bikes, etc for kids because of lead???? Give me a break. I am still trying to figure out away to keep 5-10 year olds from eating ATVs ..... sarcasm intended
No doubt, somehow it always seems they never feel the effects of what they're doing.. Just us lowly citizens that pay their damn salary, so whatever.. There are a select few in Washington who are actually trying to change things, make the country better for the population as a whole, but most of the time they will not be heard
dkg
6/22/2011 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2011 5:21pm
lilbulld wrote:
No doubt, somehow it always seems they never feel the effects of what they're doing.. Just us lowly citizens that pay their damn salary, so whatever...
No doubt, somehow it always seems they never feel the effects of what they're doing.. Just us lowly citizens that pay their damn salary, so whatever.. There are a select few in Washington who are actually trying to change things, make the country better for the population as a whole, but most of the time they will not be heard
Yeah I agree there are some good ones, we just don't hear from them often. I think it is more likely things go something like this (Using the lead based product example)

Congressman: "Great job we did on that lead based products stuff, now the kids are protected from eating lead based toys from China, our constituents will be happy with our efforts"

[ a few months or years pass]

Congressman: "WTF, you mean the agencies interpreted that no lead legislation to exclude ATVs? Damn I didn't know kids ate ATVs!!!, guess we should fix that" .... a week later ...."Shit, the agency guy making rules against kids eating atvs or something like that gave my campaign $$$$$ dollars before he was appointed .... guess I can't make him look like an idiot ..... I'll do something else useful .... tell my staff to go out and hold a fund raising dinner, I got a lot of these to hold before we go on our summer break for a few months"

Guess I am just too cynical.

Post a reply to: Jon Huntsman for President moto videos

The Latest