Jon Ames Looking For a Ride

slipdog
5/5/2017 6:55am
So it wasn't even a "fill in" ride.

"The team will give you some graphics, levers and crappy tires in exchange for taking credit for your better performance."

"Ugh, sounds good, I guess"

"You're on the team!"
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/5/2017 8:14am
slipdog wrote:
So it wasn't even a "fill in" ride. "The team will give you some graphics, levers and crappy tires in exchange for taking credit for your...
So it wasn't even a "fill in" ride.

"The team will give you some graphics, levers and crappy tires in exchange for taking credit for your better performance."

"Ugh, sounds good, I guess"

"You're on the team!"
Someone say free levers? IN
MVmoto
5/5/2017 1:34pm
I just read the interview on TWMX. Jon Jon sounds like a good guy. I think he would be a great asset to any team.

The Shop

Tracktor
5/5/2017 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2017 2:31pm
He is right. Our experience with GT is you have to run a lot more pressure. We ran 12 at first and they took all the anodizing off the rear rim sidewall.....Running 16 right now and work well but all soft terrain............
The team made a bad choice not letting him run whatever tire he wants to. Tires are a key part and you need to feel confident in what you are on.............
Ferro
5/5/2017 5:11pm
So if he didn't want to be on "the team" why did he agree to it?

If a sponsor is supplying a product to the team you use it, if you don't like the product tell the manager/owner and he can decide whether or not he wants the sponsor and the cash that comes with it.

Privateers have complete freedom to run what they like.

Highlighting what the team did or didn't provide in order to portray them in a certain way is pretty childish. Whether it was a good deal or not, I'm sure it didn't include the clause, the moment you aren't happy just run whatever you want.

Post a reply to: Jon Ames Looking For a Ride

The Latest