Jon Ames Looking For a Ride

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2017 2:31pm
From a PR this morning...

BPRMX -Home Depot - Yamaha have parted ways with Jon Ames for the remaining round of the Monster Energy Supercross series. BPRMX would like to congratulate Jon on his career high 11th place finish and wish him the best of luck in his career.
|
EddieC
4/24/2017 10:27am
GuyB wrote:
From a PR this morning... BPRMX -Home Depot - Yamaha have parted ways with Jon Ames for the remaining round of the Monster Energy Supercross series...
From a PR this morning...

BPRMX -Home Depot - Yamaha have parted ways with Jon Ames for the remaining round of the Monster Energy Supercross series. BPRMX would like to congratulate Jon on his career high 11th place finish and wish him the best of luck in his career.
Wonder how much the team paid him to break the contract?
MelonFan123
4/24/2017 10:34am
wasn't he kind of a "fill-in" guy for them? I remember him making the main at A1 as a full privateer and then getting a ride with that team after their rider got hurt. Or maybe I am remembering it wrong
MOTO120
4/24/2017 10:34am
I'm confused...2 good weeks in a row and he's done? Really curious what the true story behind this is.....

The Shop

mx617
4/24/2017 6:53pm
Maybe he's getting a promotion? A la McAdoo?
JayBraap19
4/24/2017 7:57pm
He probably got sick of champion being such a cool guy all the time
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/24/2017 8:00pm
mx617 wrote:
Maybe he's getting a promotion? A la McAdoo?
Considering the title of this thread, doesn't sound like it.
blackdiamond
4/24/2017 8:26pm
I bumped into Jon at the two stroke nationals and chatted with him briefly before the second moto (and I did not know who he was at the time)

He is a class act, personable and professional. I came away impressed and these days that only happens about 10% of the time.

Just my $.02

Hopefully he finds a ride, he has been on a roll lately.
adiaz791
4/24/2017 8:27pm
I wonder what the real reason is. He was a fill in rider and ended up becoming their top finisher.
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
4/24/2017 8:45pm
This makes no sense from the outside. Seriously, how does Champion remain employed and this kid gets the boot? Makes no sense from my view from the fences.
bsharkey
4/24/2017 8:54pm
So true. Doesnt make any sense with one race left. The only thing that makes sense would be that they would keep Alldredge over him to race Outdoors. Unfortunately they don't race Outdoors so the one thing that makes sense isn't possible.
blackdiamond
4/24/2017 9:11pm
mx510 wrote:
This makes no sense from the outside. Seriously, how does Champion remain employed and this kid gets the boot? Makes no sense from my view from...
This makes no sense from the outside. Seriously, how does Champion remain employed and this kid gets the boot? Makes no sense from my view from the fences.
Nothing against Champion but I feel he has been "over-employed" for most of his career?
rmoto003
4/24/2017 9:13pm
mx510 wrote:
This makes no sense from the outside. Seriously, how does Champion remain employed and this kid gets the boot? Makes no sense from my view from...
Nothing against Champion but I feel he has been "over-employed" for most of his career?
Well I mean, he IS a champion.

Cant argue with that
bsharkey
4/25/2017 7:20am
Is rick Johnson still there? The team owners a nice old guy with $$$ living his dream and the manager a old local pro from the area
WeaverMX
4/25/2017 9:33am
Why would they let a kid go that was going so good? His results were getting way better with this team as he started out the season dead last and as the year went on you could see him improve. Weird ?
WeaverMX
4/25/2017 2:10pm
bsharkey wrote:
Is rick Johnson still there? The team owners a nice old guy with $$$ living his dream and the manager a old local pro from the...
Is rick Johnson still there? The team owners a nice old guy with $$$ living his dream and the manager a old local pro from the area
I went to their website and looks like Johnson is the team coach, I saw him in a few of the early The BPR Project. But nothing in the later episodes. Not much on the team owner but the team manager looks like he was a SX guy from back in the 80-90's you can see him on the Vault on RacerX he was solid 125 SX guy back then, made a lot of mains but only a few top tens. Looks like they know what is going on.
slipdog
4/25/2017 2:13pm
bsharkey wrote:
Is rick Johnson still there? The team owners a nice old guy with $$$ living his dream and the manager a old local pro from the...
WeaverMX wrote:
I went to their website and looks like Johnson is the team coach, I saw him in a few of the early The BPR Project. But...
I went to their website and looks like Johnson is the team coach, I saw him in a few of the early The BPR Project. But nothing in the later episodes. Not much on the team owner but the team manager looks like he was a SX guy from back in the 80-90's you can see him on the Vault on RacerX he was solid 125 SX guy back then, made a lot of mains but only a few top tens. Looks like they know what is going on.
Scott was a solid privateer out of the Northwest in the '90's for sure!
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
4/25/2017 3:13pm
Could have sworn someone had a post in here about an lcq happening. Maybe I was dreaming.
slipdog
4/25/2017 5:17pm
kzizok wrote:
Could have sworn someone had a post in here about an lcq happening. Maybe I was dreaming.
It's Vital, sometimes comments disappear faster than doughnuts at an Oprah Winfrey reunion show.
MOTO120
4/26/2017 10:11am
SO...in the BPR video released today, the team manage at the end of the video states "there was some drama in the pits before the main event" and then goes onto explain Champion's main event and not a word said about Ames...hmmm. So weird....
loftyair
4/26/2017 11:27am
I think Ames is related to Ames construction, which would make him worth quite a bunch of millions. If so, if a certain team had a sponsor conflict over a tiny detail, he could simply say 'no thanks'. I could be wrong though.
K-dubbb
4/26/2017 11:41am
MOTO120 wrote:
SO...in the BPR video released today, the team manage at the end of the video states "there was some drama in the pits before the main...
SO...in the BPR video released today, the team manage at the end of the video states "there was some drama in the pits before the main event" and then goes onto explain Champion's main event and not a word said about Ames...hmmm. So weird....
I was thinking the same, what about Ames - he out-did his team mate, yet they failed to mention him Whistling
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
4/26/2017 12:54pm
Something will pop up about this soon.....Nobody stays quiet for long.
goinrcn44h
Fantasy
738th
4/26/2017 2:15pm
I raced against Steffy for years. Probably the nicest guy out there hands down. No clue what went on but I doubt it had anything to do with Scott.
Ryno23
Fantasy
878th
4/27/2017 10:59am
MOTO120 wrote:
SO...in the BPR video released today, the team manage at the end of the video states "there was some drama in the pits before the main...
This is also what I thought. Maybe Ames just isn't high enough profile to get the digs on it yet? Funny though why would they even mention drama in the video if they didn't want questions to be asked about it???

Somebody knows something...
dirtnapper
4/27/2017 11:36am
MOTO120 wrote:
Ok I'm not the only one who caught that then!

Yep, very surprising. Would like to know more for sure.

That is a good little video series.
Joe mama
4/27/2017 12:53pm
Jon ames rode his own bike the hole time, he rode for free all they did was give him a place to pit with there graphics and posters and some junk tires. he tried to ride there bike but the suspension sucked and didn't do any testing with him, and those golden tires are a peace of shit. look at Chris really good rider but every time that bike put him on the ground. look at how bad Jons bike was in the last chance quil. at salt lake. so they put on dunlop and pulled off a 11th. Scott steffy went off on Jon and called him ever bad word out there about switching tires.( hay dumb ass remember he is riding for free on his own bike ) So they parted ways, The problem is that team is all about looking good sitting in the pits with a owner with a lot of money and a team manager that doesn't even have a F...n clue on how to run a pro team. They should of fired scott steffy and they will probably have a better team to ride for, untell then its just going to be another team looking good in the pits.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
4/27/2017 1:11pm
Joe mama wrote:
Jon ames rode his own bike the hole time, he rode for free all they did was give him a place to pit with there graphics...
Jon ames rode his own bike the hole time, he rode for free all they did was give him a place to pit with there graphics and posters and some junk tires. he tried to ride there bike but the suspension sucked and didn't do any testing with him, and those golden tires are a peace of shit. look at Chris really good rider but every time that bike put him on the ground. look at how bad Jons bike was in the last chance quil. at salt lake. so they put on dunlop and pulled off a 11th. Scott steffy went off on Jon and called him ever bad word out there about switching tires.( hay dumb ass remember he is riding for free on his own bike ) So they parted ways, The problem is that team is all about looking good sitting in the pits with a owner with a lot of money and a team manager that doesn't even have a F...n clue on how to run a pro team. They should of fired scott steffy and they will probably have a better team to ride for, untell then its just going to be another team looking good in the pits.
This wont do him any favors, yes lots of teams have these known problems, but blowing them out on a public forum will only label him as "difficult" even if you are right. I know you have mama bear instincts , but you might want to tone it down a notch.

Post a reply to: Jon Ames Looking For a Ride

The Latest