Jon Ames?

Bauer
Anyone know what happened to Jon Ames? I do not know the kid, or even much about him, but I sat behind his mother in the industry seating during the LCQ and it was pretty refreshing and nice to be there rooting for a kid to make the main at his first Supercross event. I know he crashed early in the main, but I didn't see it and could not find them afterwards. I hope he wasn't injured too badly.
Any info would be helpful, as I'm writing about him as part of my Cycle News column tonight.
|
adiaz791
1/8/2017 8:47pm
Bauer wrote:
Anyone know what happened to Jon Ames? I do not know the kid, or even much about him, but I sat behind his mother in the...
Anyone know what happened to Jon Ames? I do not know the kid, or even much about him, but I sat behind his mother in the industry seating during the LCQ and it was pretty refreshing and nice to be there rooting for a kid to make the main at his first Supercross event. I know he crashed early in the main, but I didn't see it and could not find them afterwards. I hope he wasn't injured too badly.
Any info would be helpful, as I'm writing about him as part of my Cycle News column tonight.
I was wondering the same thing. I was rooting for him the entire night, even though I've actually never met him. I know of him because I was at milestone mx one afternoon and he flew past me on his #17 YZ85, and proceeded to throw down the sickest scrub ever. Hope he is ok!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/8/2017 8:55pm
If I had to guess, arm or shoulder...

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
1/8/2017 9:00pm
GuyB wrote:
If I had to guess, arm or shoulder... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/08/168145/s1200_010817ames.jpg[/img]
If I had to guess, arm or shoulder...

That's the face of "please baby jesus bring me some oxy and good news"
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/8/2017 9:19pm
Bauer wrote:
Anyone know what happened to Jon Ames? I do not know the kid, or even much about him, but I sat behind his mother in the...
Odd fact, his grandfather runs the hot dog stand that sits at the access road to the county dump and road up to all the Supercross test tracks in Corona.

The Shop

1/8/2017 10:07pm
Bauer wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Odd fact, his grandfather runs the hot dog stand that sits at the access road to the county dump and road up to all the Supercross...
Odd fact, his grandfather runs the hot dog stand that sits at the access road to the county dump and road up to all the Supercross test tracks in Corona.
Show off
moto314
1/9/2017 7:50am
Hurt his shoulder, should be ok for SD. He looked good in the heat and LCQ!

kkawboy14
1/9/2017 8:51am
Bauer wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Odd fact, his grandfather runs the hot dog stand that sits at the access road to the county dump and road up to all the Supercross...
Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. Call em up, Guy Fieti is a big moto fan!
nc_mx_kid
1/9/2017 9:51am
I hope to see him improve throughout the series, I met him recently @ Cahuilla creek as he was parked beside me. WE talked a good bit about racing & bicycles.
1/9/2017 9:56am
Glad to hear he's ok.

On a side note, when did some bikes get so damn ugly? That Yami is hideous.
xmscamel
1/10/2017 4:44pm
Bauer wrote:
Thanks everyone for the concern. Jon is doing good. From what the Dr. could figure, he popped out his shoulder and it popped back in. It wa great to sit around so many people who were cheering for him! Privateer life is rough! Thanks again! Hope to see everyone in SD!
Joe mama
1/11/2017 9:07pm
To 8686 you must be a complete idiot you wouldn't know what a good bike looked like if it slapped you in the face. That was one of the best looking bikes out there it looked just as good as the factory bikes.. just saying
MVmoto
1/13/2017 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2017 1:16pm
Bauer wrote:
xmscamel wrote:
Thanks everyone for the concern. Jon is doing good. From what the Dr. could figure, he popped out his shoulder and it popped back in. It...
Thanks everyone for the concern. Jon is doing good. From what the Dr. could figure, he popped out his shoulder and it popped back in. It wa great to sit around so many people who were cheering for him! Privateer life is rough! Thanks again! Hope to see everyone in SD!
Good luck in SD! Gotta represent for the Riverside locals!
Tpog496
1/13/2017 2:20pm
Is his brother his mechanic still?
mr765
1/13/2017 2:53pm
Bauer wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Don is a cool guy

Post a reply to: Jon Ames?

The Latest