Johnny O’ Separation Anxiety Setting In

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2018 5:39 PM

The kids are worried as is the wife...laughing

Now I’m having second thoughts myself after having this one for the past 16 years. Almost took the bike out and sent the money back instead! But that was a lot of beer money, and fine Scotch and bourbon and, and, and...

At least another Vitard gets to love it for a while. Some of that finer bourbon packed in the crate to celebrate its arrival.

Photo
Photo

|

12/14/2018 6:02 PM

WTF???????

|

12/14/2018 6:10 PM

Say it ain’t so!

|

12/14/2018 6:12 PM

tydog wrote:

WTF???????

You too, huh?

Bitch!

laughing

|

12/14/2018 6:13 PM

Wow...

|

12/14/2018 6:16 PM

tydog wrote:

WTF???????

newmann wrote:

You too, huh?

Bitch!

laughing

Well I'm kinda' family; squatters rights maybe?

BITCH

|

12/14/2018 6:48 PM

I remember seeing Johnny O rip around Indian Dunes on one of those. I’ve got some pictures somewhere. Beautiful bike.

|

12/14/2018 6:51 PM

Loaning it for display? Is that the real thing?

|

12/14/2018 9:49 PM

Oh no, my all time favorite bike

|

12/15/2018 5:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2018 5:54 AM

WOW. I don't think you can do that...? Isn't there some law or sumthin...? So obviously you'd sell your wife....? Is the end near...? I don't understand... Just seeing her in a crate gives me anxiety... Is this ransom....?

|

" Passion is a beautiful thing until you're blinded by it "

12/15/2018 6:08 AM

Couldn't believe it myself.

At least Mark is beaming like a proud papa with his new toy and the boys in Florida have something new to ooh and ah over.w00t

|

You kids get off my lawn!

2013 KTM450 Factory Edition
Projects......lots of projects!

12/15/2018 6:15 AM

Just think of it opening up another door.

|

12/15/2018 6:26 AM

Is going to be on public display somewhere or just going to a private collection?

|

12/15/2018 12:38 PM

I can promise that the bike will be well cared for, Joe. It will start in my air conditioned shop until I figure out a way to get it in the house when the wife isn’t around?. Of course, I’ll be needing to show it off at some local events.

I’m drooling waiting for the arrival!

And thanks for the bourbon bonus! Can’t wait??

|

12/15/2018 12:42 PM

newmann wrote:

Now I’m having second thoughts myself after having this one for the past 16 years. Almost took the bike out and sent the money back instead! But that was a lot of beer money, and fine Scotch and bourbon and, and, and...

At least another Vitard gets to love it for a while. Some of that finer bourbon packed in the crate to celebrate its arrival.

Photo
Photo

Dude, why didn't you tell me? I'd of put my bid in.

|

12/15/2018 1:24 PM

I couldn't do it. I just couldn't freakin' do it! I'd need counseling after for sure.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/15/2018 1:26 PM

newmann wrote:

Photo
Photo

UpTiTe wrote:

Dude, why didn't you tell me? I'd of put my bid in.

Maybe in 10 years you can put your bid in!

|

12/15/2018 2:32 PM

Legit? Yes. Johnny O's actual race bike? Parts of it maybe. There was a lot of Mugen stuff at Al's after his passing. A couple of friends ended up purchasing pretty much all of it and several bikes were completed out of everything there.

I still have 95% of one more that I plan to finish up as a vintage racer. It is the Japan/ Euro stock red colors and many NOS parts. Too many projects here, maybe letting go of a few garage queens will get my ass in gear. I was told today of a vintage race at Daytona after the SX this year...already have a friend trying to drag me out of retirement. That may be a hard task...shocked

|

12/15/2018 2:38 PM

That is my favorite MX bike of all time. To each his own. My final resting place would have been sitting on it if it was ever in my possession.

|

12/15/2018 2:46 PM

You guys are making me feel very secure in my deci$ion to buy this bike??. Joe is s great guy and I’ve been after him for this transaction for a while. I think he was drunk when he finally offered it?

|

12/15/2018 3:12 PM

Tbteam wrote:

You guys are making me feel very secure in my deci$ion to buy this bike??. Joe is s great guy and I’ve been after him for this transaction for a while. I think he was drunk when he finally offered it?

I'm just glad it went to someone who understands.

|

12/15/2018 3:43 PM

I think Johnny is tired of me emailing him pictures of the bike. I’ve got to get him to see it in person. Joe showed it to him and got the signature. I’m wondering if I could get him to ride it??

|

12/15/2018 4:38 PM

I’ve always thought it was the best looking dirt bike ever. People walk right past OW Yamaha’s and RC Honda’s to stop and stare at it. I got Johnny to sign it at the Houston SX when he was working with Dungey early on as he had just turned pro. Dungey was standing there looking at the bike like it was so cool to see Johnny had his own bike with his name on it. Funny stuff considering how stellar his career went from there forward.

|

12/15/2018 6:03 PM

There was another one at The Primm Collection back in 2005, this is the only photo I took of it, there were other bikes packed around it pretty close.

Photo

|

My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/thomasef

12/15/2018 6:05 PM

Glad it went to a good home. cool

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

12/15/2018 6:32 PM

That would be O'mara's race bike right there. I believe when the Primm gig went south, that bike is now part of the Moto Armory collection. Local fast guy, Mel Newman here in Texas(no relation) had two of them that he raced around the Dallas area back in 1980. One of his found a home in New Jersey. I know of about 4-5 red ones here in the states, a couple of them shipped over from Europe.

|

12/15/2018 6:50 PM

Thanks for the info Newmann. I'd like to visit the Moto Armory someday, Is it open to the public? The website doesn't have any details about hours or pricing. Did they buy a lot of the Primm bikes and memorabilia? I gave Greg Primm a large print of my Reed/MC nac nac photo, I wonder if it made it into the Moto Armory?

|

My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/thomasef

12/15/2018 9:24 PM

Anyone know where I can get a set of those Twinkie grips? What is their shelf life?

|

12/15/2018 9:40 PM

I know that was a hard decision for you Joe to sell that Mugen. That is a beautiful bike. I decided to start selling off some of my vintage motorcycles back in January. I thought I would never sell any of the bikes I sold so far, but they have gone to good homes. I just thought it was a good time to start selling them, as we are not getting any younger. I have also noticed some other people starting to sell off their vintage motorcycle collections.

|

12/16/2018 7:54 AM

Photo

I got a private showing at Moto-Armory back in 2016. This must be the same Mugen. Moto-Armory is an industrial size building with two full floors of vintage motorcycles on display. Plus a lot more.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|