Pray for Johnny Montes

WaitForIt
Edited Date/Time 2/14/2013 3:11pm
Figured I would let anyone that knows Johnny from the CMRC, that he was badly injured in a car accident yesterday morning.
He remains in critical condition as of right now, after his truck rolled over due to icy conditions. He suffered severe head trama, broken vertebrae, a broken leg, bruised lungs and is having issues with brain activity.

I'm praying for my buddy, I would appreciate it if you fellas could keep him in your minds as well.

|
ns503
11/22/2012 4:57pm
Holy friggin crap - that's terrible.

My one & only experience with a MX school was Johnny's. My kid decided after one too many trips over the bars that day to forget about MX racing - but Johnny was great. He was also part of some awesome memories from an epic 20 hour (x2) motor coach trip to Budds Creek MXoN in 2007, and has been Mr. Moto here in the Atlantic region for as long as I can remember.

This freaking sucks - I'm not the praying type but I'm doing it now. Unsure
exsarg
11/22/2012 6:24pm
hopin for the best for johnny. shitty news
Roscoe33
11/23/2012 5:44am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2012 11:42pm
Johnny was one tough pro MXer who always got up and going when I worked with him, his drive and determination will help him to a full recovery.

prayers sent.

The Shop

newage
11/23/2012 6:00am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2012 6:01am
I took that photo that you posted. Johnny and I drove drove that POS OGIO bus through the most stretchy roads in back country BC. That sucker had no AC was decked out with big screens and had a dukes of hazard horn built in. So much fun, I still think about that trip today and chalk it up as one of the best weekends of my life.

I didn't know johnny until that trip, he is one of the most stand up guys i know...

My thoughts are with him.

AM
TerryK
11/23/2012 6:16am
Damn that sucks. Such a talented kid. My thoughts are with him.
11/24/2012 6:22pm
WaitForIt wrote:
Figured I would let anyone that knows Johnny from the CMRC, that he was badly injured in a car accident yesterday morning. He remains in critical...
Figured I would let anyone that knows Johnny from the CMRC, that he was badly injured in a car accident yesterday morning.
He remains in critical condition as of right now, after his truck rolled over due to icy conditions. He suffered severe head trama, broken vertebrae, a broken leg, bruised lungs and is having issues with brain activity.

I'm praying for my buddy, I would appreciate it if you fellas could keep him in your minds as well.

Hi All,
I am Johnny's sister Patty Lynn and I want to confirm detaills for all who are concerned. Johnny is currently in critical condition at the Saint John Regional Hospital. He is on life support at this time and in a highly induced coma. He does have 3 broken vertabrae in his neck, broken cheek, orbital bone, and upper jaw, shattered left wrist and bruised lungs along with the head trauma. We have no answers at this time as to when or if he will wake and to whether he will walk again. We are trying to stay positive and hope for the best. Please send prayers and think of him often. You can watch for updates on his facebook page.
TerryK
11/24/2012 8:29pm
Hi All, I am Johnny's sister Patty Lynn and I want to confirm detaills for all who are concerned. Johnny is currently in critical condition at...
Hi All,
I am Johnny's sister Patty Lynn and I want to confirm detaills for all who are concerned. Johnny is currently in critical condition at the Saint John Regional Hospital. He is on life support at this time and in a highly induced coma. He does have 3 broken vertabrae in his neck, broken cheek, orbital bone, and upper jaw, shattered left wrist and bruised lungs along with the head trauma. We have no answers at this time as to when or if he will wake and to whether he will walk again. We are trying to stay positive and hope for the best. Please send prayers and think of him often. You can watch for updates on his facebook page.
Oh my Patty Lynn. I'm so sorry Johnny is is such bad shape. Sad My thoughts and prayers are with Johnny and your entire family. I will keep watching his FB page for updates.
Drtbykr
11/24/2012 8:52pm
OMG. As an NB'er, I'm obviously seen him race many times and talked to him a few times.

Hoping for the best....at least he is in the best hospital in NB.

If u need anything, pm me.
RealityZ
11/24/2012 9:32pm
Met Johnny on first trip to Canada AX. He brought us in and back many times. Great memories thanks to him.

Prayers sent for a great recovery.
TerryK
11/25/2012 7:40am
Kind of disappointed in the lack of well wishes for Johnny. He is an MXer just like the rest of us. He is family, a brother.
Drtbykr
11/25/2012 7:41am
Can't stop thinking about Johnny....he is so cool and so nice.

Was watching him race at Burtt's Corner once, I think Lockhart and Cooke were there too. Lockhart had a Katoom with the gas cap off. Sure certain "parts" were burning up, and Cooke rarely finished due to mechanicals.
It certainly wasn't for $ and fame, it is because he is a racer, the others as well.

Right in front of my buddy and I, Johnny's Kawi's front wheel augers, and is bike does about three rotations without going forward one inch. It was crazy!

Went over to his little trailer a bit later to see how he was doing. He was alone, with a hurting leg. Asked him how he was doing, he said his leg was hurt but he would be ok, it was swollen up pretty good. Then he took some time to talk to this fan even though he probably wanted to be left alone with his pain.

Tough SOB. Nobody races MX in the Atlantic Province's to get rich (at least I hope they don't!). They love to race and might make it onto the National scene to buy a good used Ford pickup or something. Small potatoes but tight bunch.

Hang tough Johnny!
MXerDW
11/25/2012 8:56am
Prayers go out to Johnny and family and friends.
11/25/2012 9:00am
Sorry to hear about Johnnies accident Sad Here's to a full recovery Johnny the Trowbridge family will be praying for you moto brother!
slipdog
11/25/2012 9:06am
Hoping for Johnny's full and complete recovery!
jeffro503
11/25/2012 9:31am
I didn't know nor have I ever met Johnny , but he sounded like a man in which was 100% moto! I'll be pullin for you brother and I'll keep you in my thoughts!
Wolfman
11/25/2012 10:28am
Get well soon Johnny! You sound like a great dude.
ns503
11/25/2012 10:29am
That's a great sig pic Patty.

I rooted through my 2007 Nations pics - found this one from in the pits as Blair was getting ready to head out for Saturday practice.

Newf & Hayden doing some rider 'coaching' with Morgan, Johnny & the Smiths doing some mechanic 'coaching' with Turner.

Didn't get Johnny's best side, but you can still see the laughing - I've never laughed so much in my life as on that bus trip at 4am listening to Johnny & Newf swapping stories.

Still praying here. Unsure
andymoto
11/25/2012 10:39am
Prayers sent that Johnny has a full and complete recovery.
Bytor
11/25/2012 10:48am
Prayers and well wishes going out for Johnny. Get well motobro.
HuskyEd
11/25/2012 11:53am
Thoughts and prayers out to Johnny.

Here's hoping you get through this with a full and healthy recovery. Get well soon.
nytsmaC
11/25/2012 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2012 2:40pm
Copied/pasted from the pink palace from friday.

off Lockharts Facebook

"Monty update
Things seem to be better today, they did a CT SCAN and it came back looking good, all his vitals are normal. They tried taking him out of the induced coma and he was able to lift his arm and wiggle toes. After about 10min his brain started to swell so they thought it would be better to but him back in the induced coma. This is good news to me and the biggest thing is that he is Breathing on his own much better. I feel alot better about things now. They will take him out of the induced coma tomorrow again and see what happens."
Drtbykr
11/25/2012 2:47pm
Thanks for that update....sounds like there is hope to build on.

He is in the best hospital East of Montreal for adults IMO.
ford832
11/25/2012 5:45pm
So sorry to hear.A great rider and a nice guy as well.My thoughts are with him and his family.
jeffro503
11/25/2012 5:48pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Copied/pasted from the pink palace from friday. off Lockharts Facebook "Monty update Things seem to be better today, they did a CT SCAN and it came...
Copied/pasted from the pink palace from friday.

off Lockharts Facebook

"Monty update
Things seem to be better today, they did a CT SCAN and it came back looking good, all his vitals are normal. They tried taking him out of the induced coma and he was able to lift his arm and wiggle toes. After about 10min his brain started to swell so they thought it would be better to but him back in the induced coma. This is good news to me and the biggest thing is that he is Breathing on his own much better. I feel alot better about things now. They will take him out of the induced coma tomorrow again and see what happens."
That's really good news man. I bet he comes through this just fine. Sounds like a good tough dude.

Post a reply to: Pray for Johnny Montes

The Latest