John Martin

Chains
Edited Date/Time 5/31/2016 11:48pm
His boys are both on the box and not one word over the PA at Millville this weekend. If those were my boys I would of had the announcer doing play by play lol. John is such a humble guy.

While his boys were killing it at Glen Helen sat he was in his tractor trying to give us a track to practice on. They had a'lot of rain up there this past week. I couldn't imagine not being there to watch, its gotta kill him. John;s a stud and runs one hell of a tight ship up there.

Congrats to the Martins
|
nytsmaC
5/30/2016 11:51pm
The apples don't fall far from the tree. Alex and Jeremy seem like great, well adjusted "kids."

John and his wife did a heck of a job and set a great example.
Springcreek
5/31/2016 5:50am
Don't need an alarm clock at Millville, just get up about an hour after I hear John on his bulldozer.

The Shop

holeshot100
5/31/2016 8:00am
Congratulations to the whole Martin family, especially Alex!
5/31/2016 8:06am
Here's a sweet photo that Aussie off-road legend and John's Can-Am teammate, Geoff Ballard, shared with me a while back...

moto0852
5/31/2016 9:23am
Here's a sweet photo that Aussie off-road legend and John's Can-Am teammate, Geoff Ballard, shared with me a while back... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/31/137257/s1200_IMG_5665.jpg[/img]
Here's a sweet photo that Aussie off-road legend and John's Can-Am teammate, Geoff Ballard, shared with me a while back...

My dad had a Bombardier dealership back in the 70's and 80's. He mostly sold Ski-doo snowmobiles but they also made Can-Am's so as a teenager I got to go to the Can-am dealer meetings with my dad and John Martin was always there. They would usually have a "ride day" where you could demo the new bikes. I remember thinking, "How can this guy who can barely touch the ground go so fast?" I remember he was always humble and friendly with everybody.
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
5/31/2016 9:27am
moto0852 wrote:
My dad had a Bombardier dealership back in the 70's and 80's. He mostly sold Ski-doo snowmobiles but they also made Can-Am's so as a teenager...
My dad had a Bombardier dealership back in the 70's and 80's. He mostly sold Ski-doo snowmobiles but they also made Can-Am's so as a teenager I got to go to the Can-am dealer meetings with my dad and John Martin was always there. They would usually have a "ride day" where you could demo the new bikes. I remember thinking, "How can this guy who can barely touch the ground go so fast?" I remember he was always humble and friendly with everybody.
And still cant really touch the ground on a 450 but have seen him come to the track I once worked and and show the guys the fast way around on Alex's old honda, and what a nice guy to boot.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
5/31/2016 9:43am
I bet he is one proud father! Great to see a real MX family!
5/31/2016 11:48pm
Chains wrote:
His boys are both on the box and not one word over the PA at Millville this weekend. If those were my boys I would of...
His boys are both on the box and not one word over the PA at Millville this weekend. If those were my boys I would of had the announcer doing play by play lol. John is such a humble guy.

While his boys were killing it at Glen Helen sat he was in his tractor trying to give us a track to practice on. They had a'lot of rain up there this past week. I couldn't imagine not being there to watch, its gotta kill him. John;s a stud and runs one hell of a tight ship up there.

Congrats to the Martins
super solid guy! I remember back when I was on 80s in the early 90s.. we were there for an open practice day. My dad broke the bead on my tire when he was putting it on so it it popped over the rim edge when I went out for practice. My pops went and talked to Johnny to see if he could get a raincheck or possibly a refund because of what happened. Johnny did him one better. He went to the barn and got a brand new tire for me. If I remember right, he may have even helped change it?? By the time the tire was on, practice was over.. but he let me go out for one last moto. I'll never forget how awesome it felt to ride that track by myself.

Super great guy. Typical Minnesota mentality.

Post a reply to: John Martin

The Latest