John Gallagher's Credentials?

kage173
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 3:30pm
Officiating any professional sport is challenging. It is not a game, there is considerable money on the line and even some people's careers.

Throwing someone in there who does not have the proper training, experience, knowledge base or proven judgement in real life scenarios is simply unfair to that person.

So I ask what are JGs credentials because I'm interested to know how our sport chooses a person to make such important calls.

Not asking for hate on the guy, I really don't know his background
|

The Shop

3/24/2019 12:19am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 12:21am
Doesn't he still have a day job? And I don't mean that in the humorous, "don't quit your day job" way.

I mean it in the sense that if you are looking for career qualifications: the absolute top official in the sport is doing this as a hobby, or, at most, a side hustle.
3/24/2019 12:22am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 12:24am
He’s apparently the bastard spawn of Steve Whitelock.
FastEddy wrote:
Hahaha :) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/24/333797/s1200_d.jpg[/img]
Hahaha Smile

That guy was the ultimate punching bag around here. Gallagher has big shoes to fill but he’s well on his way.

Step 1: name recognition ✅
Step 2: look like Whitelock, as in, that pic you posted screams “Im incompetent at everything” except working malls during the holidays
smrscott
3/24/2019 12:54am
I first met John Gallagher in the mid 80s at the track, What was he doing, officiating a motocross race! and he was also a starter at times
Case Closed: He's been doing it for over 30 years.

I believe the decisions are a group not one person from what I have heard
Mr. Info
3/24/2019 5:22am
Guys he has Feld and AMA in one ear and the Factories in the other so it’s not easy.
mimafia
Fantasy
2682nd
3/24/2019 5:30am
I don't understand all the complaining over the officiating last night. Jorgenson was block passed, accelerated off the track past an entire section and entered the track in front of the guy who passed him.

Marv jumped on a red flag and was penalized exactly according to the rule book.
Crush
3/24/2019 5:30am
smrscott wrote:
I first met John Gallagher in the mid 80s at the track, What was he doing, officiating a motocross race! and he was also a starter...
I first met John Gallagher in the mid 80s at the track, What was he doing, officiating a motocross race! and he was also a starter at times

You know, I’ve played a lot of golf, no one is asking me to lead the out the internationals at the presidents cup.

Because I’m still shit at it.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
3/24/2019 5:36am
Credentials- Loves crushing privateer’s dreams.
ruy
3/24/2019 6:49am
You only have to see in the hands of who is the industry to one side and another of the Atlantic, not to be surprised by the decisions they make.
Premix
3/24/2019 6:57am
mimafia wrote:
I don't understand all the complaining over the officiating last night. Jorgenson was block passed, accelerated off the track past an entire section and entered the...
I don't understand all the complaining over the officiating last night. Jorgenson was block passed, accelerated off the track past an entire section and entered the track in front of the guy who passed him.

A man of reason. Very rare around here. Agree 110%
AZRider
3/24/2019 7:14am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 7:15am
mimafia wrote:
I don't understand all the complaining over the officiating last night. Jorgenson was block passed, accelerated off the track past an entire section and entered the...

Premix wrote:
I'm actually confused by this statement. According to the rules, MM25 would be docked 2 positions and purse money. I understand the points are the same, but people saying that he was penalized exactly according to the rule book seems to be inaccurate

And I'm not upset about it, it helped me in Fantasy SX immensely, just doesn't seem to follow the rule book.
3/24/2019 7:18am
mimafia wrote:

Welcome to modern society.
toroP
3/24/2019 7:18am
mimafia wrote:

Premix wrote:
AZRider wrote:
I'm actually confused by this statement. According to the rules, MM25 would be docked 2 positions and purse money. I understand the points are the same...
I'm actually confused by this statement. According to the rules, MM25 would be docked 2 positions and purse money. I understand the points are the same, but people saying that he was penalized exactly according to the rule book seems to be inaccurate

And I'm not upset about it, it helped me in Fantasy SX immensely, just doesn't seem to follow the rule book.
Read the rule more carefully.
..”points and purse equal to 2 positions..”

Not 2 positions.
barnett468
3/24/2019 7:20am
kage173 wrote:
Officiating any professional sport is challenging. It is not a game, there is considerable money on the line and even some people's careers. Throwing someone in...
Officiating any professional sport is challenging. It is not a game, there is considerable money on the line and even some people's careers.

Throwing someone in there who does not have the proper training, experience, knowledge base or proven judgement in real life scenarios is simply unfair to that person.

So I ask what are JGs credentials because I'm interested to know how our sport chooses a person to make such important calls.

"what are JGs credentials because I'm interested to know how our sport chooses a person to make such important calls."

He was previously a "Greeter" at a Super Walmart".
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1724th
3/24/2019 7:21am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 7:23am
AZRider wrote:
I'm actually confused by this statement. According to the rules, MM25 would be docked 2 positions and purse money. I understand the points are the same...

Read the rule book again.

Clearly states the points positions, purse money and an additional two points.

nickm
3/24/2019 7:21am
No way, fans complaining about officiating. Get the hell out never seen this before.
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1724th
3/24/2019 7:23am
mimafia wrote:

barnett468
3/24/2019 7:24am
Mr. Info wrote:
Guys he has Feld and AMA in one ear and the Factories in the other so it’s not easy.
"Guys he has Feld and AMA in one ear and the Factories in the other so it’s not easy."

You're 110% right, so now I feel so bad for him being forced to take that job, lol.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/24/2019 7:25am
I think he got it right last night ,and these last few weeks
I have agreed with his calls.
3/24/2019 7:27am
UGOTBIT wrote:

You need to read it again. Section C
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1724th
3/24/2019 7:32am
UGOTBIT wrote:

SlowOldGuy wrote:

AZRider
3/24/2019 7:33am
UGOTBIT wrote:

SlowOldGuy wrote:
Actually I did just read the new rule as updated a couple years ago. Makes sense now and they were consistent from what I saw
barnett468
3/24/2019 7:35am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2019 7:40am
smrscott wrote:
I first met John Gallagher in the mid 80s at the track, What was he doing, officiating a motocross race! and he was also a starter...

"I first met John Gallagher in the mid 80s at the track,"

Was it love at first sight or did you you date a few times before you held hands?

"What was he doing, officiating a motocross race! He's been doing it for over 30 years."

ummm...so doing something badly at podunk local races in Nowheresville USA qualified him to do the same thing badly at National level races?

...and he was also a starter at times..."

Wow, so multi talented...perhaps they should make him the starter for Supercross too....although I don't relish the thought of seeing him in tight Spandex pants and a Bikini Top.

"Case Closed:"

ummm....the only thing closed here is that mass of Jello you have for a mind.

STLSharky
3/24/2019 10:35am
kage173 wrote:
Officiating any professional sport is challenging. It is not a game, there is considerable money on the line and even some people's careers. Throwing someone in...

One credential is he’s a bonafide asshole.

Biggest snob I’ve met in Moto.
TDeath21
3/24/2019 10:42am
Both calls he made last night were correct.

Post a reply to: John Gallagher's Credentials?

The Latest