Joeys gonna joey...

mx196
Fantasy
3991st
10/14/2018 5:16am
If he just slowed his pace a little without making it so obvious with the wave...what in his head made him think looking back and waving Eli bye wouldn’t cause some sort of blowback.

I’m all aboard him going wide and letting off a little earlier before his corners to let Eli bye easier because he’s gonna get him anyway. But why make is so obvious hahaha.
Did he really think looking back and waving Eli bye would be a good look? But in the end even when he’s doing the right thing...Joeys gonna Joey.
|
Merida
10/14/2018 5:19am
mx196 wrote:
If he just slowed his pace a little without making it so obvious with the wave...what in his head made him think looking back and waving...
If he just slowed his pace a little without making it so obvious with the wave...what in his head made him think looking back and waving Eli bye wouldn’t cause some sort of blowback.

I’m all aboard him going wide and letting off a little earlier before his corners to let Eli bye easier because he’s gonna get him anyway. But why make is so obvious hahaha.
Did he really think looking back and waving Eli bye would be a good look? But in the end even when he’s doing the right thing...Joeys gonna Joey.
???
kb228
10/14/2018 5:34am
Joey let eli and a fan win a million in a race that literally does not matter. Eli would have won the overall regardless, might as well let him by for the cash. Its not like it was a points paying race
10/14/2018 5:36am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 5:38am
If I was Joey, and I remember the Osborne incident from Vegas, then remember that Tomac was on a mission for a million dollars... I’d probably just get out of the way, too. lol
mx196
Fantasy
3991st
10/14/2018 5:41am
I completely agree, I just wouldn’t have waved and made everyone know my intentions.

The Shop

dedi684
10/14/2018 5:44am
sometimes when a faster rider comes up behind you, you wave them by. No one wants to be landed on, t boned or taken out. Just my opinion.
Sideways
10/14/2018 6:03am
I think he wanted to make it obvious. Like " I could have won this moto but i let my team mate pass" obvious.
KDXGarage
10/14/2018 7:01am
dedi684 wrote:
sometimes when a faster rider comes up behind you, you wave them by. No one wants to be landed on, t boned or taken out. Just...
sometimes when a faster rider comes up behind you, you wave them by. No one wants to be landed on, t boned or taken out. Just my opinion.
Maybe Savatgy did not want to get crushed by Tomac going for $1,000,000. Maybe that was his "Please Don't Ram the &$*% out of Me" wave?

For those of us who have raced and poured out blood, sweat and tears into winning a plastic plaque or cheap trophy at a local race, think of all you have done or thought when you got on the tail of a competitor for the local race win / top 5, etc. Now, imagine yourself going for an additional $900,000 if you get past this one last guy. :-)
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
10/14/2018 7:03am
kb228 wrote:
Joey let eli and a fan win a million in a race that literally does not matter. Eli would have won the overall regardless, might as...
Joey let eli and a fan win a million in a race that literally does not matter. Eli would have won the overall regardless, might as well let him by for the cash. Its not like it was a points paying race
BUT THEN WHAT WOULD WE COMPLAIN ABOUT?!?!?
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
10/14/2018 7:05am
Finally a thread that has sensible posting in it
KDXGarage
10/14/2018 7:15am
Enjoy it while it lasts. :-)
MXD
10/14/2018 7:21am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 7:35am
I'm not a Joey fan so you can trust that my opinion isn't biased. There is a lot of ego involved at this level. You need ego to even make it to this level. No one wants to make it look like they are inferior to anyone and you can't blame him for that. He wanted to do the right thing but not at the expense of his pride. I don't fault him for doing the right thing by letting Eli by and certainly don't fault him for not Hollywooding it and then having to chuckle through a bunch of stupid questions. He played it perfectly.
Nesc39
10/14/2018 7:29am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 7:31am
Just so I’m clear,
- if you move over like a novice and pretend to make a mistake that’s wrong
- if you wave a guy by, that’s wrong
- if you don’t let the guy by, that’s wrong
- if you help your teammate your a dickhead
- if you don’t help your team mate your a dickhead

Just to be clear I am 100% fine with the move and it’s the ONLY move. For all you idiots claiming Joey should race him to the checkers. Maybe Eli gets him or maybe he doesn’t but what do you think everyone at the team is gonna say after? The team that is in tomacs pocket. “ Ohh hey there’s the guy that pinned it to the checkers for no reason and prevented Eli from winning a million”. Ya that’s gonna be a great year for him while they haze him every week. Not to mention the fan would prob assassinate him in the parking lot.

I hope Eli cuts him some of it. Idk how much he deserves but you gotta give him some. Even if Eli thinks he would have got him anyway, he needs to bite the bullet because savatgy showed he’s a team player, time for Eli to reciprocate.

As far as the wave itself, Joey can say with 100%!fact he Let him by. If he drifted wide or faked a mistake, Eli could say it was accident and not have any motivation to pay him and fans would just say he sucks. The wave gives him leverage. All that said, I don’t think he put that much thought into it. He knew he had to get out of the way and that was the first automatic reaction he had.

Playing devils advocate, idk contract law but could insurance not pay because they can claim race was fixed? That would be a nightmare

JoePit
10/14/2018 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 12:05pm
dedi684 wrote:
sometimes when a faster rider comes up behind you, you wave them by. No one wants to be landed on, t boned or taken out. Just...
Let's not sugarcoat what this really was. When Eli was stuck behind Malcolm for a lap he had to work for the pass. I don't have a problem with what was done but it is exactly what it is. I for one don't think Eli would have caught it made it by him if Joey wasn't in on it. Mad respect to Joey for doing that and I hope that Eli throws a 100k at minimum his way.
JoePit
10/14/2018 12:01pm
uk125250
10/14/2018 12:37pm
kb228 wrote:
Joey let eli and a fan win a million in a race that literally does not matter. Eli would have won the overall regardless, might as...
It not only doesn’t matter, it LITERALLY, doesn’t matter. The race does matter or the riders would not ride it.
Ebs
10/14/2018 12:59pm
I would've had my mechanic write a number on the pitboard for Eli that we could both agree on before letting him by.
Tim507
10/14/2018 1:09pm
Ebs wrote:
I would've had my mechanic write a number on the pitboard for Eli that we could both agree on before letting him by.
hahahhhah!
gt80rider
10/14/2018 1:23pm
Nesc39 wrote:
Just so I’m clear, - if you move over like a novice and pretend to make a mistake that’s wrong - if you wave a guy...
Just so I’m clear,

Just to be clear I am 100% fine with the move and it’s the ONLY move. For all you idiots claiming Joey should race him to the checkers. Maybe Eli gets him or maybe he doesn’t but what do you think everyone at the team is gonna say after? The team that is in tomacs pocket. “ Ohh hey there’s the guy that pinned it to the checkers for no reason and prevented Eli from winning a million”. Ya that’s gonna be a great year for him while they haze him every week. Not to mention the fan would prob assassinate him in the parking lot.

I hope Eli cuts him some of it. Idk how much he deserves but you gotta give him some. Even if Eli thinks he would have got him anyway, he needs to bite the bullet because savatgy showed he’s a team player, time for Eli to reciprocate.

As far as the wave itself, Joey can say with 100%!fact he Let him by. If he drifted wide or faked a mistake, Eli could say it was accident and not have any motivation to pay him and fans would just say he sucks. The wave gives him leverage. All that said, I don’t think he put that much thought into it. He knew he had to get out of the way and that was the first automatic reaction he had.

Playing devils advocate, idk contract law but could insurance not pay because they can claim race was fixed? That would be a nightmare

Ya but... This is supposed to be racing, not WWE....

Big difference, or supposed to be anyways..
kb228
10/14/2018 1:56pm
kb228 wrote:
uk125250 wrote:
It not only doesn’t matter, it LITERALLY, doesn’t matter. The race does matter or the riders would not ride it.
I was referring to a potential title there smart one.
Premixed112
10/14/2018 2:48pm
mx196 wrote:
If he just slowed his pace a little without making it so obvious with the wave...what in his head made him think looking back and waving...

What's the point of putting on a show when we all know he was going to let him by? What are we, in kindergarten?

If I were Joey, I would've told any critics "That's right, I let my teammate by. It's my first race on this team and I'm not about to cause tension between the team just to take a win that doesn't benefit me at all, but would greatly benefit my teammate. And you know good and well that you would do the very same in my position."
Nesc39
10/14/2018 10:46pm
Nesc39 wrote:
Just so I’m clear, - if you move over like a novice and pretend to make a mistake that’s wrong - if you wave a guy...
Just so I’m clear,

gt80rider wrote:
Ya but... This is supposed to be racing, not WWE....

Big difference, or supposed to be anyways..
If you consider what you saw last night the same as WWE and you can’t understand on your own why it went down like it did then this isn’t the sport for you.

Post a reply to: Joeys gonna joey...

The Latest