Joey Savatgy to Miss Budds Creek

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2019 4:39 PM

motoarmageddon wrote:

is he serious? I think its ridiculous

zehn wrote:

You're joking right?

I'm a bit conflicted on the topic. On the one hand I understand and agree that family comes first. But, what if he was in a championship battle. Would he still skip the race?

|

8/15/2019 4:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2019 4:42 PM

Jroc wrote:

I'm a bit conflicted on the topic. On the one hand I understand and agree that family comes first. But, what if he was in a championship battle. Would he still skip the race?

He's not so these what if scenarios are meaningless

nawmsayin'

|

8/15/2019 4:45 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Kinda off topic, if it was a title contender, would they skip?

captmoto wrote:

If Kawi re-signed him for '20 would he skip?

Probably a little skip and hi five as he left the table after signing, then on to ride this weekend.

|

8/15/2019 4:55 PM

Well after he passed Tomac last weekend, I bet Kawi is glad there is one less top tier guy there.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

8/15/2019 5:08 PM

I would race if I were him. Later on in the year you have a better shot at winning with more people injured, and Tomac being on cruise control.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

8/15/2019 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2019 5:19 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

It is going to be awkward if the baby comes late.

Brad460 wrote:

My guess- she will be induced or a planned C-section. Pretty much what they do these days..

Yeah it's crazy, my wife always watched those dumb Teen Mom shows on MTV where they would always just pressure them into a c section. Meanwhile the US has one of the worse maternal mortality rates in the developed world. Hmmmm

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

8/15/2019 5:25 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

Probably not, but they didn't so I would do the same if I was him. I doubt Kawasaki even cares anyway.

Yeah, he don't care, Kawi don't care money saved all around.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

8/15/2019 6:19 PM

I think the point people are trying to make is, would he skip this race if he was leading the c-ship by 5 points. Would he throw away the championship to be at his child's birth. THAT would be putting family first. But, he's not in the hunt and off the team...not a hard decision. I'd do the same. If I needed to be racing for a title...I'd have a midwife at the race taking care of business...and hold the newborn on the podium. Nobody would forget that.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/15/2019 6:25 PM

It is going to be awkward if the baby comes late.

Brad460 wrote:

My guess- she will be induced or a planned C-section. Pretty much what they do these days..

Shit, back in the old days she'd have that baby at the track!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

|

8/15/2019 6:32 PM

Motox627! wrote:

Good on him! Rather he is on his way out or not, that is not a day or an experience to miss. Family always comes first and he will learn that now more than ever!

500guy wrote:

There was a Time when Family comes first meant you did your job so you could provide for your Family.

And anyone with a normal job would be able to use sick or personal time to take off. These guys don’t have that option. Trust me, Joey is providing for his family just fine. I’m glad Joey is taking the weekend off. The birth of a child is the most amazing feeling in the world. I couldn’t imagine missing it.

|

8/15/2019 6:34 PM

Motox627! wrote:

Good on him! Rather he is on his way out or not, that is not a day or an experience to miss. Family always comes first and he will learn that now more than ever!

500guy wrote:

There was a Time when Family comes first meant you did your job so you could provide for your Family.

neverwas wrote:

Some people have to miss the birth because duty calls or just need the money to support the family.
There was time when dads weren't even in the delivery room during delivery,sat outside and wondered if it was going to be a boy or girl.
Different times now.

Yeah different times now. For the better. Only some old joker on vital would make it seem like witnessing the birth of your child is a bad thing laughing

|

8/15/2019 6:46 PM

Who in there right mind would miss there child's birth?
Child comes before anything.. Wouldn't matter if it was for a championship or a ride. No one is going to miss there own child's birth for there work.

|

8/15/2019 7:06 PM

Yeah it's crazy, my wife always watched those dumb Teen Mom shows on MTV where they would always just pressure them into a c section. Meanwhile the US has one of the worse maternal mortality rates in the developed world. Hmmmm

The hospital wants to cut people open every chance they get. All about the $$$. I broke my tib fib in 9 places 17 years ago and they twisted it back straight. Broke my fib in one spot 5 years ago and they “had to” plate it.

|

8/15/2019 7:15 PM

Good on Joey. Family and wife will be around longer than his MX career.

Now for Kawi - put a fill-in rider like Davelos. He is not doing much in the 250 class so throw him on the 450 and help Tomac out if possible.

|

8/15/2019 7:22 PM

I went racing the weekend my 2nd kid was ment to be born. The track was only 2 hours away so I figured if something happened I could pack up and get home in time.
The little bugger came late so I got to race and be there for the birth. My dad was laughing at me for even considering not racing that weekend

|

8/15/2019 8:37 PM

Congrats and good luck to them both. It's pretty awesome to see your kids be born. He is in a position that allows him to be there, so why wouldn't he be!?

|

8/15/2019 11:06 PM

I think it's great he will get to be there for the birth, and let's be honest, this action/post has probably got him more media/social media coverage than he would have gotten had he raced to a 6th or DNFed.

|

8/15/2019 11:09 PM

Good for Joey. It's a life changing experience and there is no guarantee that it will ever come along again. Here's to a happy and healthy mother and new addition to the Savatgy family. cool

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

8/15/2019 11:14 PM

Miss this race, come back swinging with a podium next cool

All the respect in the world for him, there are more important things then moto in life

|

8/16/2019 12:28 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

All the respect in the world for him, there are more important things then moto in life

He’s not getting a podium ever

|

8/16/2019 12:33 AM

If they are having the baby via traditional birth they should research the statistics on estimated delivery dates of first time mothers, especially the ones under 30. Pretty sure the stats are heavily biased toward most 1st-timers being late.

Just sayin'

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

8/16/2019 2:27 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

motonation24 wrote:

We will see.

People disliking a guy putting his family first are just plain dickheads

|

8/16/2019 2:52 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

motonation24 wrote:

I’m not even really a Savatgy fan, but if you think he’s never going to podium, you should probably be drug tested. There’s a reason the guy has a factory ride now, and will get picked up by a legit team next season,

On topic: seeing your kid being born is probably the best reason to miss a race. Good luck to Joey and his wife. And since his dad posts here, congrats, Grandpa!

|

8/16/2019 3:11 AM

FlaNard wrote:

Good for Joey. It's a life changing experience and there is no guarantee that it will ever come along again. Here's to a happy and healthy mother and new addition to the Savatgy family. cool

Joey on a podium, you mean?
laughing

|

8/16/2019 4:32 AM

ChrisB10 wrote:

Good for him. Like he said, they made him believe he had a spot on this team to prove himself but really he was just a seat warmer for AC. Why would he be loyal to a team not loyal to him?

What other 450 ride was trying to hire him when kawasaki gave him the ride?

I doubt kawasaki would let him go if he was in the top 3 right now!

|

8/16/2019 4:37 AM

Good for Joey. Family ALWAYS comes first. The company I work for gives the fathers 6 weeks of 100% salary with the birth of a child.

|

8/16/2019 5:34 AM

Easy decision. He’s on the way out at Kawi and not in contention for the championship.

|

8/16/2019 5:58 AM

He's probably got some of the subsidies saved from the Monster energy cup of 2018 that should cover the time off . Thanks Eli.

|

8/16/2019 5:58 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Kinda off topic, if it was a title contender, would they skip?

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Gonna go with a hard no

mxb2 wrote:

Yea tough call. Lol. Plan for the off seasonblink

Could just bring her and a Doctor to the track laughing could you imagine the pit board signals w00t

|

8/16/2019 6:05 AM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Gonna go with a hard no

mxb2 wrote:

Yea tough call. Lol. Plan for the off seasonblink

oilman400 wrote:

Could just bring her and a Doctor to the track laughing could you imagine the pit board signals w00t

Hehe

|