Joey Savatgy New Team?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2020 8:31 AM

I have heard a few places that Joey won't be back with JGR even if they have a team. Any ideas where he may be headed?

From Matthes,

Seriously, to be even more of a bummer there are some serious fast riders that have nothing as of right now. JGRMX/Yoshimura Suzuki hasn’t committed to coming back for 2021 but they won’t have Joey Savatgy on the team, podium 250 guy Shane McElrath needs a ride in the 450 Class, podium 250 guy Brandon Hartranft has nothing, Alex Martin may need a spot, Mitchell Harrison did a great job as a fill-in and has nothing. There are some well deserving riders that are going to be riding for free or not much in 2021 and that sucks.

https://racerxonline.com/2020/10/14/observations-fox-raceway

|

10/14/2020 8:36 AM

I would think the second spot on the Gas Gas 450 team would make the most sense. But maybe there will be no coin left after Bam Bam?

|

Did i do that?

10/14/2020 8:41 AM

I don't know much about Joey. He's fast but has come off as a douche repeatedly since the beginning of his career. Seems that most of the riders don't like him. I don't think Tomac cared for him, and now it sounds like the JGR guys didn't enjoy his being on the team. Even if you're really fast, if you aren't winning you'd better be easy to work with. Guess that goes for all things in life, though.

|

10/14/2020 8:55 AM

visser62 wrote:

I don't know much about Joey. He's fast but has come off as a douche repeatedly since the beginning of his career. Seems that most of the riders don't like him. I don't think Tomac cared for him, and now it sounds like the JGR guys didn't enjoy his being on the team. Even if you're really fast, if you aren't winning you'd better be easy to work with. Guess that goes for all things in life, though.

Call me naive but seeing Joey in vlogs, (troll train & another when hes in Australia with RC and a few others) he seems like a cool easy going guy to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

|

10/14/2020 8:56 AM

Certainly didnt come off as the most likable guy in the Troll Train vlogs. Good rider tho

|

10/14/2020 9:02 AM

Joey was super cool to me and my son both times we met him. Some of you are ridiculous.

|

Go Hawks!

10/14/2020 9:30 AM

mx510 wrote:

Joey was super cool to me and my son both times we met him. Some of you are ridiculous.

Being nice to a fan and being a good employee/coworker are two totally different things though.

|

10/14/2020 9:53 AM

visser62 wrote:

Tomac should care for Joey. He won him a lot of money.

|

10/14/2020 10:14 AM

|

10/14/2020 10:17 AM

Lamest break down ever.laughing

|

Did i do that?

10/14/2020 10:20 AM

Never forget.

Photo

|

10/14/2020 10:37 AM

danzig138 wrote:

Never forget.

Photo

#transferofpower

|

10/14/2020 10:40 AM

Travis_Hudson wrote:

I would think the second spot on the Gas Gas 450 team would make the most sense. But maybe there will be no coin left after Bam Bam?

What second spot?

|

10/14/2020 10:41 AM

Travis_Hudson wrote:

GuyB wrote:

What second spot?

You know....the one....

|

10/14/2020 11:08 AM

Man, you all are some downers, I’d go to Hooters with the guy..

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

10/14/2020 11:37 AM

Wasn't it mentioned that GasGas had possibly signed JS17 and BamBam? Where did I see that??? PC Kawasaki will have a spot open since Marchbanks has left.

|

10/14/2020 11:39 AM

Crutcher spotting in the worst breakdown vid ever.

|

10/14/2020 12:14 PM

Travis_Hudson wrote:

GuyB wrote:

What second spot?

Could have swore I heard it from that dude that owns engine Ice? My bad.sideways

|

Did i do that?

10/14/2020 12:17 PM

MXATC wrote:

Wasn't it mentioned that GasGas had possibly signed JS17 and BamBam? Where did I see that??? PC Kawasaki will have a spot open since Marchbanks has left.

PC is full.

|

10/14/2020 12:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2020 12:32 PM

MXATC wrote:

i wouldn't say Marchbanks "left"

|

10/14/2020 12:47 PM

peelout wrote:

More like "left when he was asked to leave" ?

Like the last single girl at the wedding who has drank too much and is trying to go home with someone else's husband was asked to leave?

|

10/14/2020 1:19 PM

MXATC wrote:

peelout wrote:

You can't fire me...I quit!

|

10/15/2020 5:17 AM

Does Penrite Honda have a second spot along side Brayton?

|

Did i do that?

10/15/2020 7:46 AM

Travis_Hudson wrote:

Does Penrite Honda have a second spot along side Brayton?

it would/will be Clout. That team was built here for Clout.

|

10/15/2020 8:00 AM

feelnjstfine wrote:

Being nice to a fan and being a good employee/coworker are two totally different things though.

As hard as that is to fathom for some people , its the truth.

There are some great riders and drivers who dont have the people skills to deal with what it takes to be a top pro. Talking with engineers and being able to get a point across so they can fix it is a key skill.. guys like Barcia struggle with that because they dont think enough about what they do, they just do it .

On the other hand, there are guys who dont deal well with fans, but can dissect an issue with a bike or car in minute detail, and these are the guys that can get results, which teams tend to love. And even if these guys cant get the last step to being a champion , they are much more employable.

Savatgy has had a rough time, especially watching Zach's rise since the Vegas incident, but as i have said before, there is always a reason these guys are out in the cold, we are not always party to the whole story.

|

10/15/2020 8:02 AM

He didn't finish top 15 this season right? He is eligible for 250 again?

|

10/15/2020 4:32 PM

visser62 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Would have passed him anyway. It’s the fact that Joey made a huge deal about letting him by when it would have happened anyway.

|

10/15/2020 8:50 PM

Can't wait for the retirement announcement coming soon laughing

|

Instagram @KennyAlderden

10/15/2020 8:56 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/16/2020 7:01 AM

visser62 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

Lloydcarter wrote:

Would have passed him anyway. It’s the fact that Joey made a huge deal about letting him by when it would have happened anyway.

I think Joey made alittle to much stink about it. But no......Tomac would not have caught him with the time that was left.

|

Did i do that?