Joey Savatgy

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2019 11:51 PM

So I was at Paris SX this weekend and I gotta say #17 is looking good on that Suzuki... I honestly thought he deserved a moto 1win... hope he has a good year...

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

11/11/2019 2:27 AM

He looked good. Very happy for all involved. Bike looks really good, white rear fender looks the goods

|

11/11/2019 2:34 AM

He looked great. Maybe the front-steering Suzuki fits his style better than the more rear-end turning Kawi did.

|

11/11/2019 7:01 AM

Hmmmm. Not so sure. Didn’t he wreck? Could not beat Barcia who was on a bike with a stock motor?

|

11/11/2019 7:02 AM

280driver wrote:

Hmmmm. Not so sure. Didn’t he wreck? Could not beat Barcia who was on a bike with a stock motor?

Joey was on a stocker too

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

11/11/2019 9:41 AM

280driver wrote:

Hmmmm. Not so sure. Didn’t he wreck? Could not beat Barcia who was on a bike with a stock motor?

Yea he Crashed in the whoops.
But almost all the top guys crashed at one point over the weekend.

|

11/11/2019 11:00 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

He looked great. Maybe the front-steering Suzuki fits his style better than the more rear-end turning Kawi did.

I thought he looked pretty good on the Kawi last year in SX. He usually finished between 5-10. He led the 5th-most laps.

|

11/11/2019 11:21 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

He looked great. Maybe the front-steering Suzuki fits his style better than the more rear-end turning Kawi did.

RichieW13 wrote:

I thought he looked pretty good on the Kawi last year in SX. He usually finished between 5-10. He led the 5th-most laps.

Oh I don't disagree. I was just impressed with how fast he was on a mostly stock Suzuki compared to the others. Maybe the characteristics of the Suzuki can make him go even faster is what I'm saying.

|

11/11/2019 11:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2019 11:42 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

11/11/2019 12:28 PM

Some awesome shots guy

|

11/11/2019 2:58 PM

I think the vibe at JGR will benefit him. Joey has the skills to run up front, hopefully he can gel with the RMZ and ride to his potential. If he can put that thing on the box a few times and run up in the top 5 for the most part, he’s done his job, IMO !

|

11/11/2019 3:11 PM

Ray_MXS wrote:

He looked great. Maybe the front-steering Suzuki fits his style better than the more rear-end turning Kawi did.

Older Kawasaki s were rear steer, definitely not in 19, I have one

|

11/11/2019 5:29 PM

Is monster a personal sponsor of his?

|

11/11/2019 5:33 PM

That's a good looking Suzuki

|

11/11/2019 5:51 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

Is monster a personal sponsor of his?

Was thinking the same
Thing. Monster needs to sponsor JGR!!

|

11/11/2019 5:55 PM

VicDaMoan03 wrote:

That's a good looking Suzuki

I second that, bike looks great

|

11/11/2019 7:27 PM

Yellow and green Zooks? I could go for that!

|

11/11/2019 9:45 PM

280driver wrote:

Hmmmm. Not so sure. Didn’t he wreck? Could not beat Barcia who was on a bike with a stock motor?

Motor is what, maybe 2% of the equation for 450 class?

|

11/11/2019 11:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2019 12:56 AM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

Is monster a personal sponsor of his?

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Was thinking the same
Thing. Monster needs to sponsor JGR!!

Why would they? Everything about JGR is a question mark once the last outdoor race is done in 2020 because their deal with Suzuki ends.

|

11/12/2019 4:51 AM

Whew, that rmz 450 looks hot

|

11/12/2019 5:31 AM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

Is monster a personal sponsor of his?

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Was thinking the same
Thing. Monster needs to sponsor JGR!!

Motofinne wrote:

Why would they? Everything about JGR is a question mark once the last outdoor race is done in 2020 because their deal with ...more

I’d love to see them go back to yamaha. They paid their dues with the horrible 2010-2013 models, they deserve to run the new platform

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

11/12/2019 5:59 AM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Was thinking the same
Thing. Monster needs to sponsor JGR!!

Motofinne wrote:

Why would they? Everything about JGR is a question mark once the last outdoor race is done in 2020 because their deal with ...more

Johnny Ringo wrote:

I’d love to see them go back to yamaha. They paid their dues with the horrible 2010-2013 models, they deserve to run the new ...more

I agree but i would think that the bridge is burnt between them?

Here is my guess, JGR/Gas Gas factory racing in 2021.

|

11/12/2019 2:31 PM

I think he's greatly underrated especially after winning rookie of the year. People are easy to throw someone under their feet

|

11/12/2019 4:38 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

Is monster a personal sponsor of his?

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Was thinking the same
Thing. Monster needs to sponsor JGR!!

I think Monster was a sponsor of JGR back in 2016, but not at a huge level. Barcia had his personal deal, but I believe Peick and Nicoletti were also running the M claw that year. There was some running joke on PulpMX about Nicoletti getting a super lowball contract from Monster, IIRC.

Here's shot of Phil:

Photo

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

11/12/2019 4:42 PM

Happy for Joey and JGR. Must say the J1 gear looks good.

Ghost

|



11/12/2019 4:44 PM

Ghostrider145 wrote:

Happy for Joey and JGR. Must say the J1 gear looks good.

Ghost

The gear has come a long way !
I wasn’t crazy about it AT ALL at first, but their designs have gotten better ! I can’t stand the helmet though !!

|

11/12/2019 4:54 PM

Ghostrider145 wrote:

Happy for Joey and JGR. Must say the J1 gear looks good.

Ghost

langhammx wrote:

The gear has come a long way !
I wasn’t crazy about it AT ALL at first, but their designs have gotten better ! I can’t stand ...more

The gear does look good, I can’t really get into the name “Just 1” tho.. then again, I didn’t think “Seven” was super great either and now it’s what I use primarily

|

11/12/2019 4:59 PM

I hope he has a great year and quiets the doubters. Great underdog story and i think he can pull it off. If he’s consistent he can be in the hunt for the whole shebang. Im pulling for him and honestly think he can do it.

|

11/12/2019 5:41 PM

Tomac chickened out and was a no show, made Joey feel pretty good. I hope he kicks ass in 2020

|