Joe Gibbs Racing

Spinner
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:36am
Has done it!
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

And to think most people (myself included) were apprehensive about their future when they first started last year.

This officially opens the door...in a good way.

Edit - Both riders in the top 5 overall. That is really awesome!
|
MXTR
7/4/2009 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2009 1:59pm
I guess you can say that Joe Gibbs Racing motors got win and 2 other riders (Cody Cooper and Nick Wey) into the top ten. Nick also runs a JGR motor.
WhKnuckle
7/4/2009 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2009 1:54pm
It's the wave of the future. Go to a Nascar race and see if you can find the Chevy team - a few years, it'll be just as hard to find the Honda team.
Wandell
7/4/2009 1:55pm
Don't forget, Coops got a fifth also. Great day for JGR.
Ozzy
7/4/2009 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:44am
Awesome!
For me, I never doubted the deal!
I know many of them, & knew results
were coming.
An Indoor & Outdoor 450 win, in still their
rookie-ness of it all is awesome!
Feeling good should be an understatement!
Enjoy boyz!
Dave O.Wink

The Shop

john1753
7/4/2009 2:11pm
Sucks how the archive results on allisports.com arent updated more often. means i have to come to this shithole to get them
Big Lenny
7/4/2009 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:44am
Spinner wrote:
Has done it! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! And to think most people (myself included) were apprehensive about their future when they first started last year. This officially...
Has done it!

And to think most people (myself included) were apprehensive about their future when they first started last year.

They're no L&M...Whistling
Ozzy
7/4/2009 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:44am
Quote :

"They're no L&M.."Shocked

Out of commonsense & respect, I really don't think any comparisons
are warranted!
Why?
Both factions are doing an awesome job of "show casing" the future.
Whereas the "factories" support from a distance like a "Lites" program of sorts.
Again, both are total stand alone teams.
Both "blue" that's true, but I can say neither is trying to be the other.
Again, they've both more than proved their worth & metal to me.
"N-ough said!"
Dave O.Wink

MXTR
7/4/2009 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:44am
Spinner wrote:
Has done it! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! And to think most people (myself included) were apprehensive about their future when they first started last year. This officially...
Has done it!

Big Lenny wrote:
Nice cast............Lenny

At least they didn't just go out and buy the top rider. They went out there and slowly built their program. Congats JGR!

JB 19
7/4/2009 2:28pm
Big Lenny wrote:
You're right. JGR has millions of dollars in CNC equipment and they use it make state of the art custom parts for themselves.
Spinner
7/4/2009 2:35pm
Spinner wrote:
Has done it!

Big Lenny wrote:
True that!
JGR has riders that want to race SX and MX both.
MXTR
7/4/2009 2:36pm
Ozzy wrote:
Awesome! For me, I never doubted the deal! I know many of them, & knew results were coming. An Indoor & Outdoor 450 win, in still...
Awesome!
For me, I never doubted the deal!
I know many of them, & knew results
were coming.
An Indoor & Outdoor 450 win, in still their
rookie-ness of it all is awesome!
Feeling good should be an understatement!
Enjoy boyz!
Dave O.Wink
I'm Sure the JGR guys must appreciate the props coming from you. You are one of the few guys that know the ins-and-outs of this industry.

With the troubles that the factories are going through, maybe this type of program is the future for SX/MX.....who know'sWink .

Big Lenny
7/4/2009 2:41pm
Spinner wrote:
Has done it!

Big Lenny wrote:
MXTR wrote:
Nice cast............Lenny

At least they didn't just go out and buy the top rider. They went out there and slowly built their program. Congats JGR!

LB's the shit, that's what it's all about...
Big Lenny
7/4/2009 2:43pm
Big Lenny wrote:
JB 19 wrote:
You're right. JGR has millions of dollars in CNC equipment and they use it make state of the art custom parts for themselves.
Don't mean squat if you're not hoisting the #1 plate does it?...
KMC440
7/4/2009 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2009 3:06pm
Lenny..... where r you goin with this ?? Seriously ??

OHHHHH I get it, cuz Ricky ain't racin"
Big Lenny
7/4/2009 3:06pm
KMC440 wrote:
Lenny..... where r you goin with this ?? Seriously ??

OHHHHH I get it, cuz Ricky ain't racin"
To a BBQ and block party, right now...
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
7/4/2009 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:44am
Spinner wrote:
Has done it!

Big Lenny wrote:
Boy youre right with that. JGR acually produces a product.

The only thing L&M produces is degenerate gamblers.

Oh yea, factory Yamaha wont be bailing JGR out any time soon with bike setup, they know how to do it.
jmar
7/4/2009 4:53pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
It's the wave of the future. Go to a Nascar race and see if you can find the Chevy team - a few years, it'll be...
It's the wave of the future. Go to a Nascar race and see if you can find the Chevy team - a few years, it'll be just as hard to find the Honda team.
And that will allow the sport to grow.
Spinner
7/4/2009 4:55pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
It's the wave of the future. Go to a Nascar race and see if you can find the Chevy team - a few years, it'll be...
jmar wrote:
You mean, if that's "allowed".
BlockHead
7/4/2009 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:45am
Congrates to JGR and yes there not much to compare between L&M and JGR. JGR is trying to finish the Championship in the top 5 and L&M is trying to win the.Championship.

L&M doesn't need help on a their bike set up. When they were messed up at the beginning of 2009, I read James said they were just following his comments and it just didn't work out. They went back to their US Open set up and started all over. Oh yes, they won 11 Supercross Main events also this year.

L&M didn't go out and hire the best rider to win the Championship. They hired Chad Reed and at that time RC and Bubba were the best. L&M did win the 2nd year out but not because Reed was the best, they won because Reed raced the whole Supercross series in 2009 and Bubba didn't. Kind of like how Reed's winning the Outdoors this year.

Don't compare, just enjoy a Private team beating the Facory team's. L&M is the only private team to win a Supercross Championship and JGR is a strong Private team able to run in the top 5 in the Championship and they run Outdoors.I don't know if that makes a difference to you. Some care and some don't. To me it's who can win a Championship.
jmar
7/4/2009 8:06pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
jmar wrote:
Spinner wrote:
You mean, if that's "allowed".
No one will be able to stop it. It's taken some time but teams like JGR are the future and the promoters will acknowledge this and not be so quick to let the OEMs call the shots.

The growth of this sport has been held up not only by the OEMs but every other industry related company because they didn't want to compete dollar for dollar with money from outside of the industry. I wish it could have happen sooner because it would have made a few years of my life much easier.

The sport is headed in the right direction.
redalert144
Fantasy
3087th
7/4/2009 8:17pm
Basically IMO when it's the factory being the #1 supporter of a sport, you got a young sport. Because they are trying to push they're own product to the beat of their ability to make money. Win on Saturday sell on Monday. When the sport gets to the next level it's no longer the factories that have to support it anymore, it's rolling strong Thats where I think our sport is at, takeing that next step, and that's jgr and that's what the future holds
jmar
7/4/2009 8:25pm
Don't kid yourself.

It's about name branding and not selling competition dirt bikes. The revenue from the dirt bike sales wouldn't support the money spent on the race teams today.

To make it simple.

In the near future if the OEMs want to pay to endorse their "Name Brand" with in this sport they will have to compete with those from outside of the industry.

redalert144
Fantasy
3087th
7/4/2009 8:31pm
jmar wrote:
Don't kid yourself. It's about name branding and not selling competition dirt bikes. The revenue from the dirt bike sales wouldn't support the money spent on...
Don't kid yourself.

It's about name branding and not selling competition dirt bikes. The revenue from the dirt bike sales wouldn't support the money spent on the race teams today.

To make it simple.

In the near future if the OEMs want to pay to endorse their "Name Brand" with in this sport they will have to compete with those from outside of the industry.

Was it ur refering, did you not unerstand what I said? If not my bad
catatonic
7/5/2009 4:45am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:45am
Spinner wrote:
Has done it!

Big Lenny wrote:
your right.......they groom talent
L&M buys it.
jmar
7/5/2009 5:01am
jmar wrote:
Don't kid yourself. It's about name branding and not selling competition dirt bikes. The revenue from the dirt bike sales wouldn't support the money spent on...
Don't kid yourself.

To make it simple.

Was it ur refering, did you not unerstand what I said? If not my bad
I assume you are talking about winning on Saturday and selling a bike on Monday?

My point is that the OEMs don't fund these race teams for the sole purpose of selling bikes.
Cygnus
7/5/2009 5:14am
All big MFG's need to show a loss for tax write offs.
Big Lenny
7/5/2009 8:18am
Spinner wrote:
Has done it!

Big Lenny wrote:
catatonic wrote:
your right.......they groom talent
L&M buys it.
You never heard of Josh Grant before he joined JGR?..

Post a reply to: Joe Gibbs Racing

The Latest