Jo ~ 18th to 4th——-updated 4/25

Related:
Create New Tag

2/2/2021 6:57 PM

Great ride again by #30. Watch this kid ,he’s going to win a title. May not have the flash or hype that Jett does, but he’s smooth,consistent, fast and methodical, that equals Championships.
And I’m a big Jett fan

|

2/2/2021 6:58 PM

OldPro277 wrote:

Great ride again by #30. Watch this kid ,he’s going to win a title. May not have the flash or hype that Jett does, but he’s ...more

Bro, they lapped to 4th. Settle down.

|

2/2/2021 7:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2021 7:23 PM

You think how you want to think, I’m thinking a little more like Mitch. And, he’s only 18.

|

2/2/2021 7:23 PM

Big fan of Jo. The other poster is right tho.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

2/2/2021 7:26 PM

I really like Jo, and no disrespect to the guys out there, but that would have been bad if he couldn’t make his way through this field currently.

|

2/2/2021 7:33 PM

He recognized he got a gift podium last week, and pushed hard tonight after facing that first melee and crashed. Didn’t ride over his head and very smooth, aggressive but smooth. I like the kid and his demeanor. I see a focused ,determined young man. I can be completely full of shit,but I believe he’ll win a title in the next 3~4years. Remember,he’s only 18. He’ll win before he’s 22

|

2/2/2021 7:34 PM

great ride by him. i dont know his contract deal, but i hope he stays with pc for a few more years. he will absolutely win races/podium in the future.

|

2/2/2021 7:34 PM

OldPro277 wrote:

He recognized he got a gift podium last week, and pushed hard tonight after facing that first melee and crashed. Didn’t ride ...more

Why’s he so special being only 18? He’s not even the 5th best teenager in the class.

|

2/2/2021 7:36 PM

levi_southern wrote:

great ride by him. i dont know his contract deal, but i hope he stays with pc for a few more years. he will absolutely win ...more

1 year deal.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/2/2021 7:37 PM

JJO741 wrote:

I really like Jo, and no disrespect to the guys out there, but that would have been bad if he couldn’t make his way through ...more

The field may have been weakened, but still not an easy task to pass 14 guys in a Pro SX main event .

Relax boys, I didn’t say he was winning this year, but I sincerely believe he is going to.......

|

2/2/2021 7:37 PM

Alright, way to go Jo. If you will it dude, it is no dream.

Man, his riding precision is amazing. All these guys make it look effortless, but Jo makes the other guys like Jett look like they're putting in effort.

Hell'uva ride!

|

Warning: I support propane and propane accessories, fossil burning two-cycle engines, U.S. beef industry and watching the best athletes in the world go to battle... Yup...

2/2/2021 7:41 PM

OldPro277 wrote:

He recognized he got a gift podium last week, and pushed hard tonight after facing that first melee and crashed. Didn’t ride ...more

JT Moto wrote:

Why’s he so special being only 18? He’s not even the 5th best teenager in the class.

Name 5 better and show the points.

|

2/2/2021 7:41 PM

JT Moto wrote:

What were you doing at 18? There’s a lot of top riders in the 450 class not even averaging fifth.

|

2/2/2021 7:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2021 7:44 PM

OldPro277 wrote:

JT Moto wrote:

Just watch him the next few years and see. I’ve been around this game before there was even anything called Supercross, The kids got the skill and more importantly the right mindset. Barring injury, I believe he’ll be the best Pro ever out of Japan .No disrespect to Akira

And by the way JT you are completely full of shit on that comment,lol

|

2/2/2021 8:30 PM

Have they done a feature on Jo yet? Would be cool to see the reaction in Japan.
|

2/2/2021 8:32 PM

str8line wrote:
Have they done a feature on Jo yet? Would be cool to see the reaction in Japan.

No feature on him, but he's posted reactions from people in Japan on his Instagram story.

They're pumped.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/2/2021 8:42 PM

Jo had flashes of speed coming from the back last year, namely Atlanta when he caught and passed Marchbanks from way back, and then in one of the SLC races he caught Pierce Brown for 4th but couldn't make the pass. And of course we all know how he did at Fox Raceway last year. This year it seems like he's calming down a lot, and he's much more consistent. Obviously tonight there was no way he could finish worse than 4th given the field, but I think if he can just find that extra bit of speed he'll be really turning some heads.

|

2/2/2021 8:45 PM

OldPro277 wrote:

JT Moto wrote:

toroP wrote:

Uh, oh...The Bull and havin' the nay-sayers flap?

Nice!

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/2/2021 8:53 PM

JT Moto wrote:

toroP wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Nice!

I’m all about stats. JT brought nothin’.
Just crickets ......

|

2/2/2021 8:59 PM

toroP wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Nice!

toroP wrote:

I’m all about stats. JT brought nothin’.
Just crickets ......

It's funny when these guys just can't appreciate a young dude throwing down an excellent ride. Isn't it?

Furthermore, this is the FASTEST Japanese SX rider that I can recall. EVER.

So, there's always that.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/2/2021 10:29 PM

Superimpressed with Shimoda. He's only 18 and rides like a 28 year old, almost no mistakes. Once he finds that extra 5-10% pure speed he will fight for titles.

But he should be able to come from 18th to 4th in that field. It's so weak.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

2/3/2021 12:31 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

It's funny when these guys just can't appreciate a young dude throwing down an excellent ride. Isn't it?

Furthermore, this ...more

Its not the highest of bars that though is it..

|

2/3/2021 4:56 AM

OldPro277 wrote:

JT Moto wrote:

He's 4th in points. Top 3 are 26, 29, 21.
Yeah Jett is faster. Jo is probably going to beat him in points though. That 2/2 SX seasons that he finishes higher up than Jett.

|

2/3/2021 4:58 AM

He killed it yes. But no doubt the field is extremely weak. Craig won his heat race by 20
Seconds...

|

2/3/2021 6:03 AM

Big fan of Joe! Kid keeps working hard and keeps improving....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/3/2021 6:39 AM

Jo is a rad dude. I called before SX started saying he could definitely be PC’s best rider this season and got plenty of disagreement. I’m still feeling confident in that.

|

2/3/2021 7:59 AM

Hank_Thrill wrote:

Alright, way to go Jo. If you will it dude, it is no dream.

Man, his riding precision is amazing. All these guys make it look ...more

Precision is a great word to describe his style. He keeps the bike very straight in the air, very methodical, and knows where to push and where not to. So consistent and he complained last week about riding "tight"!! I feel like he will definitely surpass Mosiman in the championship and possibly Craig as well when it's all said and done.

|

#TeamSway
SwayMX.com

2/3/2021 8:26 AM

Jo's legit. NOBODY gets a PC ride by accident.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/3/2021 8:52 AM

philG wrote:

Its not the highest of bars that though is it..

In SX the bar isn't high, but there is a Japanese world champion. Hopefully Jo can reach Watanabe's level at some point.

|

2/3/2021 9:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2021 9:15 AM

OldPro277 wrote:

You think how you want to think, I’m thinking a little more like Mitch. And, he’s only 18.

You know Roczenn was a world champ at 15-16 and 450MX Outdoor champ when he is 19.

If he was 16 this would be a different story, his time is already getting tightened but newer 15-year-olds looking for a spot.

|